E90Post
 


GetBMWParts
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N55 Turbo Engine Tuning and Exhaust Modifications - 335i Tuning > N55 DP - 100NM gain without software



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      10-17-2011, 01:51 AM   #1
mjp
Private First Class
 
Drives: 135i
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: in my 135i

Posts: 131
iTrader: (0)

N55 DP - 100NM gain without software

Locally developed in South Africa...pretty impressed with the results...gained 13.4whp and 100NM of torque on a stock car...will post dyno and video...
mjp is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-17-2011, 05:47 AM   #2
Slops
Major General
 
Slops's Avatar
 
Drives: 2005 C55 AMG
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Oxford

Posts: 5,347
iTrader: (2)

Please do... Where are you finding all this new stuff?
Slops is offline   South Africa
0
Reply With Quote
      10-17-2011, 05:50 AM   #3
Q4P
Colonel
 
Q4P's Avatar
 
Drives: Too Much
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: World

Posts: 2,296
iTrader: (0)

100 nm = 73 lb-ft of TQ lol, your dyno is wrong buddy. You are never gonna gain that much with just a downpipe.
__________________
2jZ + RB26 + 4G63 + LS9 + N54 =
Q4P is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-17-2011, 05:58 AM   #4
mjp
Private First Class
 
Drives: 135i
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: in my 135i

Posts: 131
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Questforpower View Post
100 nm = 73 lb-ft of TQ lol, your dyno is wrong buddy. You are never gonna gain that much with just a downpipe.
Here is the dyno graph. Stock vs DP. I was also amazed as 100NM seems like quite a bit.
Attached Images
 
mjp is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-17-2011, 06:05 AM   #5
Q4P
Colonel
 
Q4P's Avatar
 
Drives: Too Much
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: World

Posts: 2,296
iTrader: (0)

It looks to me like there is something wrong there, that is a real weird tq spike between 2500-3500 rpm. I am willing to bet the dyno is reading wrong.
__________________
2jZ + RB26 + 4G63 + LS9 + N54 =
Q4P is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-17-2011, 06:06 AM   #6
mjp
Private First Class
 
Drives: 135i
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: in my 135i

Posts: 131
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Questforpower View Post
It looks to me like there is something wrong there, that is a real weird tq spike between 2500-3500 rpm. I am willing to bet the dyno is reading wrong.
I think that got to do with the DCT tranny. It is a benchmark dyno and alot of guys use it. I will post up a stock vs map only graph shortly.
mjp is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-17-2011, 06:11 AM   #7
mjp
Private First Class
 
Drives: 135i
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: in my 135i

Posts: 131
iTrader: (0)

Here is my stock vs software only dyno.
Attached Images
 
mjp is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-17-2011, 06:26 AM   #8
Q4P
Colonel
 
Q4P's Avatar
 
Drives: Too Much
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: World

Posts: 2,296
iTrader: (0)

The 2nd graph looks way more realistic; at least it's smooth and shows a gain over a broader powerband; the 1st graph def shows the DP and how it would make the turbo spool quicker but it should not spike 100 newton meters. Is it possible that your clutch is slipping?
__________________
2jZ + RB26 + 4G63 + LS9 + N54 =
Q4P is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-17-2011, 06:32 AM   #9
mjp
Private First Class
 
Drives: 135i
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: in my 135i

Posts: 131
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Questforpower View Post
The 2nd graph looks way more realistic; at least it's smooth and shows a gain over a broader powerband; the 1st graph def shows the DP and how it would make the turbo spool quicker but it should not spike 100 newton meters. Is it possible that your clutch is slipping?
Not sure if its slipping. Never had any issues with the clutch. How would I know if its slipping?
mjp is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-17-2011, 06:35 AM   #10
Q4P
Colonel
 
Q4P's Avatar
 
Drives: Too Much
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: World

Posts: 2,296
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjp View Post
Not sure if its slipping. Never had any issues with the clutch. How would I know if its slipping?
You try to accelerate but instead the rpms spike and you don't go anywhere. I doubt that's the case though, I just think the dyno read wrong, I want to believe this but I don't think anyone ever has seen gains that high with just a downpipe (especially with no tune/software).
__________________
2jZ + RB26 + 4G63 + LS9 + N54 =
Q4P is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-17-2011, 06:37 AM   #11
mjp
Private First Class
 
Drives: 135i
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: in my 135i

Posts: 131
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Questforpower View Post
You try to accelerate but instead the rpms spike and you don't go anywhere. I doubt that's the case though, I just think the dyno read wrong, I want to believe this but I don't think anyone ever has seen gains that high with just a downpipe (especially with no tune/software).
could be a boost spike?
mjp is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-17-2011, 06:44 AM   #12
Q4P
Colonel
 
Q4P's Avatar
 
Drives: Too Much
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: World

Posts: 2,296
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjp View Post
could be a boost spike?
It may be because if u notice there is also a tiny hp bump in the same area that there is a tq bump. I would just consider re dynoing sometime because those are really high gains and certainly not realistic for just a dp.
__________________
2jZ + RB26 + 4G63 + LS9 + N54 =
Q4P is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-17-2011, 07:10 AM   #13
ciomas
Captain
 
ciomas's Avatar
 
Drives: M4 Soon
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: 3city PL

Posts: 668
iTrader: (0)

well if your clutch was slipping clearly you wouldnt be putting more power down on to the rollers
__________________
335 - Íhlins//Swift//M3 front suspension//M3 subframe bushes//Quaife LSD//AR Design Catless//Forge Intercooler//Alcon BBK//Goodridge//AFE//RPI//Fenders - SOLD
M4-Mineral Gray/Full Shakir Orange/DCT/M Ceramic/M Adaptive Susp.- ORDERED
ciomas is offline   Poland
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:51 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST