E90Post

Lux Angel Eyes

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / Warranty > Burnt angel eye rings!

01-11-2009, 11:52 PM   #1
e2d
Private
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2006 325xi

Burnt angel eye rings!

Hey everyone,

So I previously posted something about uneven angel eyes and after thumbing through a couple thread I came across, it was mention that the angel eye posts in the headlight could be pushed in a bit causing some light to escape.

Made sense to me so when I took off the headlight, I actually came to find that the bulb for the angel eye actual melted the angel eye tube (if that makes sense) and caused some burning and bubbling of the material resulting in lack of light passing through the tubes... My stupid self forgot to put back the metal and glass piece that sits between the stock light bulb and the angel eye to prevent any heat related issues from the bulb. I did this because I had a problem with the new angel eye bulb I bought that was not working so I put the stock ones back on temporarily until I got a replacement...

My question is, what are my option now besides ordering a whole new xenon headlight with the angel eyes already?? Is it possible for me some how remove the angel eye ring and maybe cut the burnt and bubbled part up? Or can I just get a new replacement of the halo's itself? I really don't wanna drop 3-4 bills on some new headlights if I don't have too...

Any advice is much appreciated. Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2009, 12:18 AM   #2
GAM3OVR85
Major General
Kuwait
Rep

Drives: E92 M3

Garage List
im not sure, but bmw headlight come in one piece.....i don't think you can buy the angel eyes seperate.
I don't know where you can get 3-4 bills xenon headlight (maybe ebay), if im not mistaken they go for ~9 bills from Tischer BMW.

GL bro
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2009, 11:45 AM   #3
e2d
Private
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2006 325xi

yeah i just really need the left head light.. I saw them on ebay for just the left one for 300 bucks but still thats a lot of money for a small stupid mistake.. can't really blame anyone except myself for that but still... I am hoping there are options for me... thanks for replying MTL Bimmer
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2011, 08:02 PM   #4
Aperture
Enlisted Member
Rep

Drives: '07 335i

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Did you ever find an inexpensive fix for this? I'm in the same boat.
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2011, 02:09 PM   #5
itrocks4u
Captain
Rep

Drives: 2011 328i xdrive

What brand? just to know what to avoid.

Thanks.
Appreciate 0