E90Post

Extreme Power House

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / Warranty > new brakes before warning light came on - how to reset?

11-06-2011, 12:08 PM   #1
scb
Second Lieutenant

Drives: 2012 X5d

new brakes before warning light came on - how to reset?

I searched, but everything on resetting service lights seems to be for after the service light comes on. I had my winter wheels put on yesterday and had them replace the front brakes while they were at it, a few thousand miles before the sensor said they were do. The car still says I have a few thousand miles until I need new front brakes, though. How do I reset this so it knows the brakes are new?

got new pads, rotors and a new sensor...
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2011, 02:14 PM   #2
ENINTY
Banned

Drives: 2006 325i Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott brown View Post
I searched, but everything on resetting service lights seems to be for after the service light comes on. I had my winter wheels put on yesterday and had them replace the front brakes while they were at it, a few thousand miles before the sensor said they were do. The car still says I have a few thousand miles until I need new front brakes, though. How do I reset this so it knows the brakes are new?

got new pads, rotors and a new sensor...
Reset it the same way you reset the CBS for oil service.
Appreciate 0