E90Post
 


GTB Performance
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > BMW Canada Announces Limited E90 335xi xDrive Sedan Special Edition With Power Kit



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      11-15-2011, 09:32 AM   #573
taxbuster
Private
 
Drives: 2011 335i xdrive SE
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Calgary, AB

Posts: 73
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by firsttimer View Post
Me too...I am taking it in Wednesday for the update. I pray they don't lose anything with the upgrade!
Is the update available now? When was the announcement (or was there one at all)? If so I've obviously missed it.....
__________________
Current: 2011 335i xdrive Special Edition, AT (sigh), Executive, M-sport, Ruby Black on Oyster
Fondly remembered:
2009 335i xdrive / 2007 328i / 2001 330i / 1997 535i / 1973 2002 ("the Dub")
taxbuster is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      11-15-2011, 09:46 AM   #574
williewonkerz
Second Lieutenant
 
williewonkerz's Avatar
 
Drives: 335xi Spec Edition
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Winnipeg

Posts: 291
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xtype0 View Post
I got the same problem. BMW Assist advised to bring the car to the dealer for them to check it out.....double fail.
Yes, I was able to. During delivery the BMW Assist person asked for an email to register the car to (your car will be linked to an email address). Did that happen for you?

The only issue I have is that the "mail" isn't automatic when you start the car, I expected it to prompt with "new mail" or "new destination received". Instead I get a little envelope in the top right, go to office, messages, open the message and it has the destination to add.
williewonkerz is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      11-15-2011, 10:54 AM   #575
pyceasyas123
Captain
 
pyceasyas123's Avatar
 
Drives: 335i Sedan
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Toronto

Posts: 753
iTrader: (9)

Quote:
Originally Posted by williewonkerz View Post


Here is mine working.
You are using an iphone right?
pyceasyas123 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-15-2011, 11:16 AM   #576
williewonkerz
Second Lieutenant
 
williewonkerz's Avatar
 
Drives: 335xi Spec Edition
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Winnipeg

Posts: 291
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyceasyas123 View Post
You are using an iphone right?
Yes, I have an iPhone 4S. I launch the BMW Connected APP on the phone, connected the white cable to the USB port in the console. Done
williewonkerz is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      11-15-2011, 01:12 PM   #577
Xtype0
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: E90 335xi Special Edition
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Toronto, Canada

Posts: 292
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2011 E90 335xi  [0.00]
Send a message via MSN to Xtype0
Quote:
Originally Posted by williewonkerz View Post
Yes, I was able to. During delivery the BMW Assist person asked for an email to register the car to (your car will be linked to an email address). Did that happen for you?

The only issue I have is that the "mail" isn't automatic when you start the car, I expected it to prompt with "new mail" or "new destination received". Instead I get a little envelope in the top right, go to office, messages, open the message and it has the destination to add.
Yes, we did that whole process during delivery. When I was talking to BMW assist, they said they knew of this problem and that I'd have to take it in to get it looked at by the dealer, nothing they can do on their end.
__________________
'11 E90 335xi, ZRS, ZRW, ZKK

'11 Honda CBR250RAB
Xtype0 is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      11-15-2011, 01:32 PM   #578
pyceasyas123
Captain
 
pyceasyas123's Avatar
 
Drives: 335i Sedan
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Toronto

Posts: 753
iTrader: (9)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xtype0 View Post
Yes, we did that whole process during delivery. When I was talking to BMW assist, they said they knew of this problem and that I'd have to take it in to get it looked at by the dealer, nothing they can do on their end.
Just wondering whether it is a bmw issue or a google maps issue...
pyceasyas123 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-15-2011, 02:01 PM   #579
pyceasyas123
Captain
 
pyceasyas123's Avatar
 
Drives: 335i Sedan
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Toronto

Posts: 753
iTrader: (9)

called bmw assist and they said it was a google issue.
pyceasyas123 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-16-2011, 08:51 AM   #580
williewonkerz
Second Lieutenant
 
williewonkerz's Avatar
 
Drives: 335xi Spec Edition
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Winnipeg

Posts: 291
iTrader: (0)

Garage List




My EQ, still working.....
williewonkerz is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      11-16-2011, 12:01 PM   #581
B Brownburry
Private First Class
 
Drives: 335xdr 2011 CAN Spec. Edition
Join Date: May 2008
Location: montréal!

Posts: 148
iTrader: (0)

What do you guys use for your MP3's ?

I use my iphone so far, but I'll consider buying a cheap hard disk to leave it in the glove box ....
B Brownburry is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      11-16-2011, 12:10 PM   #582
williewonkerz
Second Lieutenant
 
williewonkerz's Avatar
 
Drives: 335xi Spec Edition
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Winnipeg

Posts: 291
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by B Brownburry View Post
What do you guys use for your MP3's ?

I use my iphone so far, but I'll consider buying a cheap hard disk to leave it in the glove box ....
You have a 200GB or something drive IN THE NAV. Just plugin a USB key worth of MP3, AAC, into the USB slot passenger side and import (I think you can import/copy from a burned DVD too, but haven't tried). They should have gone over this with you during delivery.

I'll use my phone for now ( I got the cradle).
williewonkerz is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      11-16-2011, 01:37 PM   #583
pyceasyas123
Captain
 
pyceasyas123's Avatar
 
Drives: 335i Sedan
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Toronto

Posts: 753
iTrader: (9)

Quote:
Originally Posted by williewonkerz View Post


You have a 200GB or something drive IN THE NAV. Just plugin a USB key worth of MP3, AAC, into the USB slot passenger side and import (I think you can import/copy from a burned DVD too, but haven't tried). They should have gone over this with you during delivery.

I'll use my phone for now ( I got the cradle).
I never had the hard drive before so I just have an 80gb ipod and the y-cable. Works great. I guess I could put everything on my ipod in the cars hard drive but i cant imagine how long it would take to transfer. Over 60gb of music.
pyceasyas123 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-16-2011, 01:40 PM   #584
Xtype0
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: E90 335xi Special Edition
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Toronto, Canada

Posts: 292
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2011 E90 335xi  [0.00]
Send a message via MSN to Xtype0
Quote:
Originally Posted by williewonkerz View Post


You have a 200GB or something drive IN THE NAV. Just plugin a USB key worth of MP3, AAC, into the USB slot passenger side and import (I think you can import/copy from a burned DVD too, but haven't tried). They should have gone over this with you during delivery.

I'll use my phone for now ( I got the cradle).
I might be wrong but I think its only 20gb onboard storage? Better off getting a 32gb usb stick and just leave in the car.
__________________
'11 E90 335xi, ZRS, ZRW, ZKK

'11 Honda CBR250RAB
Xtype0 is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      11-16-2011, 02:02 PM   #585
williewonkerz
Second Lieutenant
 
williewonkerz's Avatar
 
Drives: 335xi Spec Edition
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Winnipeg

Posts: 291
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xtype0 View Post
I might be wrong but I think its only 20gb onboard storage? Better off getting a 32gb usb stick and just leave in the car.
lol, you're probably right, my decimal may be off. I'm not using it either since the phone is 64GB
williewonkerz is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      11-16-2011, 04:07 PM   #586
B Brownburry
Private First Class
 
Drives: 335xdr 2011 CAN Spec. Edition
Join Date: May 2008
Location: montréal!

Posts: 148
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by williewonkerz View Post
lol, you're probably right, my decimal may be off. I'm not using it either since the phone is 64GB
I just think it would be more convenient with a usb stick/hard drive...I'll see what's on sale at best buy...

For the I'm sorry if sometimes my written english is not perfect.

You know for me it is my secondary language (thought it was obvious) so I'm doing my best...am I soooo bad? And forums are a good way to improve my written english for me as well.
B Brownburry is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      11-16-2011, 04:15 PM   #587
n e x u s
Introducing to BMW
 
Drives: xXx
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Laval

Posts: 193
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by B Brownburry View Post
I just think it would be more convenient with a usb stick/hard drive...I'll see what's on sale at best buy...

For the I'm sorry if sometimes my written english is not perfect.

You know for me it is my secondary language (thought it was obvious) so I'm doing my best...am I soooo bad? And forums are a good way to improve my written english for me as well.
Even on sale at Best Buy, the price is still high. I bought this small usb stick and it works like a charm on my car.

http://www.memoryexpress.com/Products/MX34180
n e x u s is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      11-16-2011, 11:34 PM   #588
Xtype0
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: E90 335xi Special Edition
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Toronto, Canada

Posts: 292
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2011 E90 335xi  [0.00]
Send a message via MSN to Xtype0
Ok, got the car back with the updated idrive. Apps is working now!

Now I'm looking at getting the cradle in the armrest to get the pluggin feature to work.
__________________
'11 E90 335xi, ZRS, ZRW, ZKK

'11 Honda CBR250RAB
Xtype0 is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      11-17-2011, 02:00 AM   #589
firsttimer
Private
 
Drives: BMW 335
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Edmonton

Posts: 88
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xtype0 View Post
Ok, got the car back with the updated idrive. Apps is working now!

Now I'm looking at getting the cradle in the armrest to get the pluggin feature to work.
Might have been asked before, which Dealership out of Toronto?
firsttimer is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-17-2011, 09:04 AM   #590
Xtype0
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: E90 335xi Special Edition
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Toronto, Canada

Posts: 292
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2011 E90 335xi  [0.00]
Send a message via MSN to Xtype0
Quote:
Originally Posted by firsttimer View Post
Might have been asked before, which Dealership out of Toronto?
T+C
__________________
'11 E90 335xi, ZRS, ZRW, ZKK

'11 Honda CBR250RAB
Xtype0 is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      11-17-2011, 12:20 PM   #591
B Brownburry
Private First Class
 
Drives: 335xdr 2011 CAN Spec. Edition
Join Date: May 2008
Location: montréal!

Posts: 148
iTrader: (0)

Pushed it a little yesterday (dry, +12,5 degrees), and the power is simply insane, even under 4-5K.

But oh my god the suspension is a bit lame...in the onramps you feel it floating...ouch!
B Brownburry is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      11-17-2011, 09:43 PM   #592
RB
New Member
 
Drives: E90 335i; xDrive SE; Jerez
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Canada

Posts: 14
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by B Brownburry View Post
Pushed it a little yesterday (dry, +12,5 degrees), and the power is simply insane, even under 4-5K.

But oh my god the suspension is a bit lame...in the onramps you feel it floating...ouch!
I have to agree about the suspension. It is not as firm and planted as the Sport Suspension on my previous RWD 335i.

I think I felt some bump-steer the other day. Anyone else notice that?
RB is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-18-2011, 12:05 AM   #593
cgy-jim
Private First Class
 
Drives: 2011 335Xi, Special Edition
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Calgary

Posts: 100
iTrader: (0)

Took mine back in today and pushed for the software upgrade. Apps is now working with my iphone! However, the bad news is that some a##@ in front of me on the road yesterday bounced some styrofoam out of his truck and across my hood. They managed to buff it out today - thanks! Still love the power, and the early morning exhaust rumble is intoxicating....I seem to find it in DS mode all the time....
cgy-jim is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-18-2011, 12:20 AM   #594
firsttimer
Private
 
Drives: BMW 335
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Edmonton

Posts: 88
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgy-jim View Post
Took mine back in today and pushed for the software upgrade. Apps is now working with my iphone! However, the bad news is that some a##@ in front of me on the road yesterday bounced some styrofoam out of his truck and across my hood. They managed to buff it out today - thanks! Still love the power, and the early morning exhaust rumble is intoxicating....I seem to find it in DS mode all the time....
Damn..I would have lost it!
firsttimer is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:28 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST