E90Post

GTB Performance

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Canada > Stay away from Rukus Motorsports

11-24-2011, 01:30 PM   #1
jim.e.
Lieutenant

Drives: 07 E90

Stay away from Rukus Motorsports

The car is now found...in pieces
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...2507555&type=3

Rukus Motorsports stole this car, and pieced it out.

Initial post when stolen back in September:
Quote:
BLACK 1992 ACURA NSX TURBO with Black wheels stolen from Magnus parking lot (8600 Keele St, Concord, ON) at midnight.

Was pursued by police traveling at a high rate of speed southbound on Keele st. towards Steeles Ave. towards Toronto.

Carbon fiber front lip, black skirt package, drag radials on the back, Air to Water IC with Tial BOV mounted right up top.

Please keep your eyes peeled for this car!!!

Update today:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnus Moda

The NSX that was Stolen from our shop 2 months ago has been found chopped to pieces, in a Home Garage about 2km from our shop. RUCKUS MOTORSPORTS and their associates have been arrested by the Police. They operate a shop about 6kms from our location. I have absolutely no remorse for what will happen to these individuals who committed this crime. One minute they are your buddies, next minute they are stealing your car and cutting it to pieces to probably to fund their failed attempt at a drag racing hobby. What does this say about our hobby and profession, when people can steal something that someone has poured their hard work and soul into for their own greed. Has your car been stolen? I'd check with them. Please share this with with everyone you know
      11-24-2011, 01:53 PM   #2
MiroE90
Second Lieutenant

Drives: 2007 335i Jet Black

just wow...
      11-24-2011, 02:07 PM   #3
MOAB
Major

Drives: Porsche & BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiroE90 View Post
just wow...
I don't care one way or another, but the last time I checked Facebook wasn't a court of law so I'd be careful throwing accusations around that someone has committed a crime based on what someone has posted on their Facebook page.
      11-24-2011, 02:36 PM   #4
Havok_2011

Drives: Alpine White 2011 M3 Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOAB View Post
I don't care one way or another, but the last time I checked Facebook wasn't a court of law so I'd be careful throwing accusations around that someone has committed a crime based on what someone has posted on their Facebook page.
Really?

The guy who posted it owns MagnusMotorsports and has thousands of clients. It's not some dude posting something random on facebook.

I feel for them, because if something like this happened to me, i'd be at the gun store getting my Scarface on.

To my understanding, the only reason they even know who stole the car was because the cops approached them to report what happened to their stolen car.

So whats so suspicious about this that makes you doubt its authenticity?

Just curious....
      11-24-2011, 03:09 PM   #5
MOAB
Major

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havok_2011 View Post
Really?

The guy who posted it owns MagnusMotorsports and has thousands of clients. It's not some dude posting something random on facebook.

I feel for them, because if something like this happened to me, i'd be at the gun store getting my Scarface on.

To my understanding, the only reason they even know who stole the car was because the cops approached them to report what happened to their stolen car.

So whats so suspicious about this that makes you doubt its authenticity?

Just curious....
Nothing jumps out at me, but thankfully we live in a society where people are considered innocent until proven guilty. Proven guilty means proven guilty in a court of law, not by way of a social media site. If this Rukus Motorsports did actually steal the car and it is convicted, then I have no issue smearing the company and its principals all over the web. Until then, slander at your own risk...
      11-24-2011, 04:22 PM   #6
MiroE90
Second Lieutenant

MOAB,

I understand your view point and from a legal perspective you stand correct, but me saying "just wow..." does not fall under slander at all, me merely making reference to the magnitude of the situation given the accusation and arrests made would indicate that this could very well be true. To get arrested for something like this, a reasonable suspicion must exist and some form of evidence to warrant an arrest.

I cannot just call the the cops and say, hey, the shop down the street stole my car, go arrest everyone...

You have your opinion and view, and that's fine.

But someone who loses their car in a manner such as this, especially if this is true, I could not care if convictions are laid or not, this is something serious and I would rather support the enthusiast in his time of need and frustration then say, well you could be a liar so GFY!

But of course, if you are ok with sex offenders and child killers walking the streets freely because the police handled evidence incorrectly and did not read him/her the rights accordingly or mishandled another aspect of the case, tough luck.

Nobody here is proposing to go shooting, or burning the place down. Jim.e has stated to stay away from the place and he showed support why. Let people make their own choices.
      11-24-2011, 04:43 PM   #7
MOAB
Major

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiroE90 View Post
MOAB,

I understand your view point and from a legal perspective you stand correct, but me saying "just wow..." does not fall under slander at all, me merely making reference to the magnitude of the situation given the accusation and arrests made would indicate that this could very well be true. To get arrested for something like this, a reasonable suspicion must exist and some form of evidence to warrant an arrest.

I cannot just call the the cops and say, hey, the shop down the street stole my car, go arrest everyone...

You have your opinion and view, and that's fine.

But someone who loses their car in a manner such as this, especially if this is true, I could not care if convictions are laid or not, this is something serious and I would rather support the enthusiast in his time of need and frustration then say, well you could be a liar so GFY!

But of course, if you are ok with sex offenders and child killers walking the streets freely because the police handled evidence incorrectly and did not read him/her the rights accordingly or mishandled another aspect of the case, tough luck.

Nobody here is proposing to go shooting, or burning the place down. Jim.e has stated to stay away from the place and he showed support why. Let people make their own choices.
to be clear, I was not at all insinuating that you were slandering these guys. I just happened to reply to your post but I have no issue at all with what you said.
      11-25-2011, 09:09 AM   #8
MiroE90
Second Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOAB View Post
to be clear, I was not at all insinuating that you were slandering these guys. I just happened to reply to your post but I have no issue at all with what you said.
Cool beans, thanks for clarifying
      11-25-2011, 03:12 PM   #9
dd330i
Private First Class

Drives: 330i

so sad
dd330i is offline   Canada
      11-26-2011, 02:44 AM   #10
schnell325
Bored at work....

Drives: '08 M3,'11 335xi

As my wife says, since she does not swear.....COUNTS!!!
schnell325 is offline   Canada
      11-26-2011, 05:29 PM   #11
HT1000
Private

Drives: 330i

If these people are guilty I hope they are convicted and spend 5 years in prison but the judicial system does not always provide justice.
      11-28-2011, 11:09 AM   #12
Jon@Bimmersport Automotive
First Lieutenant

Drives: E90 M3 Active Supercharged

Garage List
2003.5 BMW M3  [5.00]
Wow! I heard nothing but good things about Magnus, but reading his comments on the facebook page was kind of a let down.

Good find Jimmy. I was wondering what was going to end up with this after Sasha posted it on max.
Jon@Bimmersport Automotive is offline   Canada
      04-26-2013, 08:57 PM   #13
andy125
Registered

Drives: honda civic '99

I've been to Rukus Motorsports and they seem to be nice guys, this is the kind of work they do check them out.

See for yourself to believe.

Respect for the brothers
Attached Images

andy125 is offline   Canada
      04-26-2013, 09:26 PM   #14
Kalidian
Lieutenant

Drives: AW '09 E90 328xi

Just the thought of that beautiful NSX being chopped up and harvested for parts breaks my heart. If Rukus is responsible, then may they burn in the hottest parts of hell forever.
      04-26-2013, 09:35 PM   #15
ken1137
Brigadier General

Drives: a slow 2009 e90 335i

Garage List
2009 e90 335i  [3.20]
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy125 View Post
Respect for the brothers
They'll respect the brothas where they are going soon

BMWCCA member
ken1137 is offline   United_States
      04-26-2013, 09:49 PM   #16
Havok_2011

Drives: Alpine White 2011 M3 Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy125 View Post
I've been to Rukus Motorsports and they seem to be nice guys, this is the kind of work they do check them out.

See for yourself to believe.

Respect for the brothers
You joined the forums to bump up a two year old thread about Rukus Motorsports? Either you are the owner, you work at the shop, or you are nuts lol.

Likely the photo you see was built from stolen parts as well.

Sounds like this story ended with the owner of the shop claiming he bought the stolen parts of the NSX, and he claimed he was not the one to chop it up.

Fact is if you support buying stolen parts, then you support the thieves that do it. If no shop would be willing to buy the parts, the thieves would not go after the cars. The shop is just as guilty as the thieves if Rukus in fact did just buy the parts and not chop the car up.
      04-27-2013, 02:28 AM   #17
BRAISKI
Colonel

Drives: '11 335xi e92 M-Pak

Garage List
2011 BMW 335xi  [3.50]
Wow back from the dead from 1.5 hrs ago!
BRAISKI is offline   Spain
      04-27-2013, 11:01 AM   #18
Wolf 335
Lieutenant

Drives: E92 335i

I think i remember this being posted on Maxbimmer a few years back.

What happened to those crooks?
Wolf 335 is offline   Canada
      04-27-2013, 12:37 PM   #19
playground
Second Lieutenant

Drives: E90 ///M3

A friend of mine had his Skyline stolen in Scarborough back in 09. Never found it