E90Post
 


MINHS Auto Care Center
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > BMW Coding > Can I find the right OBD cable for my e90 on Amazon.com?



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      11-23-2011, 12:03 PM   #1
tarekjreidini
New Member
 
tarekjreidini's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW 325i 2006
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Beirut, Lebanon

Posts: 20
iTrader: (0)

Send a message via Skype™ to tarekjreidini
Can I find the right OBD cable for my e90 on Amazon.com?

I purchase a lot of things on Amazon.com and so I prefer it over eBay.
Anyway, I have a 2006 bmw 325i sedan. I want a cable to start coding. can someone find the right one on Amazon.com and link me? Thanks
__________________
tarekjreidini is offline   Lebanon
0
Reply With Quote
      11-30-2011, 07:35 PM   #2
rollinstone157
Brotographer
 
rollinstone157's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 328i xDrive Sedan
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: NJ, USA

Posts: 1,701
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
http://www.amazon.com/Interface-USB-...2698267&sr=8-1
This looks like what you're looking for.
__________________
Reviews -|- HPB "Ultimate" LED Interior Kit -|- Noyka Cornering Bulbs -|- HPB 20W AE [OLD] -|- LUX H8 V4 -|- New Reviews Pending Vendor Approval
rollinstone157 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      12-01-2011, 11:37 PM   #3
novera19
New Member
 
Drives: Toyota Corolla
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: MA

Posts: 6
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rollinstone157 View Post
http://www.amazon.com/Interface-USB-...2698267&sr=8-1
This looks like what you're looking for.
Looks like that doesn't come with the adapter that the Ebay one comes with.
novera19 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-02-2011, 02:15 PM   #4
rollinstone157
Brotographer
 
rollinstone157's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 328i xDrive Sedan
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: NJ, USA

Posts: 1,701
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by novera19 View Post
Looks like that doesn't come with the adapter that the Ebay one comes with.
What adapter are you referring to?
__________________
Reviews -|- HPB "Ultimate" LED Interior Kit -|- Noyka Cornering Bulbs -|- HPB 20W AE [OLD] -|- LUX H8 V4 -|- New Reviews Pending Vendor Approval
rollinstone157 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      12-02-2011, 03:18 PM   #5
Elliott@DetailAddict
Brigadier General
 
Drives: E90
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Santa Clara, CA

Posts: 4,448
iTrader: (0)

The one we all get that has a been QA'ed from a seller "automotive-tool" on ebay.
It comes with an adapter to work with early E9x's as well as newer ones.
It is the only recommended cable.
Elliott@DetailAddict is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      12-02-2011, 10:28 PM   #6
335R
Private First Class
 
335R's Avatar
 
Drives: E93 335i
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Tampa, FL

Posts: 152
iTrader: (4)

I got this cable and it is not working. http://ecutool.com/D-CAN-DCAN-D-CAN-...INPA_1952.html

Grant, can you confirm that I have a wrong cable, the issue is that when I follow the instructions on how to do the drivers and change the settings on the device manager, i dont have the same options.
335R is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      12-09-2011, 11:43 AM   #7
plarkin
Private
 
plarkin's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 335xi
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Northeast, USA

Posts: 97
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 BMW 335 XI  [4.75]
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarekjreidini View Post
I purchase a lot of things on Amazon.com and so I prefer it over eBay.
Anyway, I have a 2006 bmw 325i sedan. I want a cable to start coding. can someone find the right one on Amazon.com and link me? Thanks
I purchased THIS cable from Amazon and it worked perfectly on my 2008 335xi.
plarkin is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      12-14-2011, 10:32 AM   #8
srohang1
Private
 
Drives: E90 2006 325i
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: MN

Posts: 92
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grant@DetailAddict View Post
The one we all get that has a been QA'ed from a seller "automotive-tool" on ebay.
It comes with an adapter to work with early E9x's as well as newer ones.
It is the only recommended cable.
Is this the one you are referring to?

I have a 2006 325i and want to make sure that I will be buying the correct cable.

Thanks!
srohang1 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      12-14-2011, 11:19 AM   #9
Elliott@DetailAddict
Brigadier General
 
Drives: E90
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Santa Clara, CA

Posts: 4,448
iTrader: (0)

Yup. Use the adapter it comes with and it will work flawlessly.
Elliott@DetailAddict is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      12-15-2011, 03:53 PM   #10
alexkho
New Member
 
Drives: 2006 E90 330I
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: West Lafayette

Posts: 15
iTrader: (0)

can i ask

what is different

http://www.bavariantechnic.com/buy.aspx

to the cable that i buy on ebay or amazon ?

i need to reset my car's battery

and check the DMTL pump

thank you !!!
alexkho is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-16-2011, 01:24 AM   #11
1QuikWS6
No 55mph
 
1QuikWS6's Avatar
 
Drives: 09 E92 328iX N51 3-Stage
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Blitzburgh, PA

Posts: 4,376
iTrader: (80)

Garage List
The BavTech tool you refer to is mostly used for diagnostics - checking/clearing errors (you can however, register your battery with it).

It does NOT do the type of coding referred to in this subforum. It uses it's own special software to work and will NOT work with the downloadable BMW software contained in this subforum.

If you want to have the best of both worlds, buy the MUCH cheaper cable from 'automotive-tool' on eBay as explained in another thread, download the free BMW software. You will then be able to do diagnostics, check/clear errors, code, and register your battery...
__________________
2009 328ix E92//SGM//ACS Roof Spoiler//MTech Aero Lip+Trunk Spoiler//M3 Side Skirts//CF Roundels+Grilles//M3 Novillo Interior//Perf Shift Lever+Boot//MPerf DCT Wheel//M3 GT3 eBrake Handle+Boot//ACS Pedals//M3 Mirrors//LCI Tails w/LUX Rev//DTEC V7 AE+MTec 6000K D1S+HPB HID 6000K Fogs//HPB LED Interior//RPI Scoops//CF Euro Airbox+Underhood Hsgs//K&N//BMW PE//MTech Rear Bumper-iS Sport Diffuser//CF Strut Brace//Vishnu OFT//BMW 193M's+Kumho 4X
1QuikWS6 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      12-27-2011, 11:43 PM   #12
rubdom
Private First Class
 
Drives: 08 E90 AW
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: San Antonio

Posts: 117
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grant@DetailAddict View Post
Yup. Use the adapter it comes with and it will work flawlessly.
I am having problems with my cable lately. Do I need to use this adapter? I have a 08 E90. Build date is 03/08.
rubdom is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-28-2011, 01:11 AM   #13
sourphish
Major
 
Drives: '07 335i E92
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Berkeley and San Gabriel, CA

Posts: 1,474
iTrader: (20)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1QuikWS6 View Post
The BavTech tool you refer to is mostly used for diagnostics - checking/clearing errors (you can however, register your battery with it).

It does NOT do the type of coding referred to in this subforum. It uses it's own special software to work and will NOT work with the downloadable BMW software contained in this subforum.

If you want to have the best of both worlds, buy the MUCH cheaper cable from 'automotive-tool' on eBay as explained in another thread, download the free BMW software. You will then be able to do diagnostics, check/clear errors, code, and register your battery...
Is the BT tool pretty much obsolete then now that you can just do everything via coding? I guess it's a slightly more user friendly tool?
__________________
2007 E92 335i, 6MT, Sparking Graphite, ZPP, ZSP, Nav, Logic7
sourphish is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
amazon, cable, e90, ebay, odb

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:49 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST