E90Post

Extreme Power House

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > 6MT clutch pedal creak when releasing

12-07-2011, 11:15 PM   #1
talisman311
Second Lieutenant

Drives: e90

6MT clutch pedal creak when releasing

When I shift into gear and release the clutch pedal it sounds like a creaky staircase or when wet rubber gloves rub together. My e90 330i is at about 65k now and this has happened a few times in the past ~4k miles. The noise eventually goes away after 3 or 4 miles of city driving which leads me to believe it's water related, assuming it evaporated from a hot engine bay.. I can noticeably feel the creaking through the pedal as well.\

If I'm in gear or neutral, and press/release the pedal it won't make the noise. It's only when I shift to another gear and only on release.

The dealer replaced the tranny around 45k miles due to heavy resistance when putting it in gear on a cold morning. Too bad the issue is still there and seems normal after reading the forums. No idea if this has any relevance.

Anyone ever run into this problem and know how to fix it? I can't always duplicate it so I don't want to take it to the dealer just yet.