E90Post
 


MINHS Auto Care Center
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > NA Engine (non-turbo) / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > New custom exhaust on my e92



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      12-05-2010, 08:13 AM   #45
superduty
Private First Class
superduty's Avatar
United_States
1
Rep
119
Posts

 
Drives: 2010 E91 M Sport
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Tucson, Az

iTrader: (0)

Thanks. I've seen your relocation before. I am more interested how the OP relocated his canister because he moved it significantly from the stock location. I'm sure he had to splice in additional wiring and hoses.
__________________
"Did I say something abnormal?"
"You're an engineer, everything you say is abnormal."
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2011, 04:20 PM   #46
Synergy
Captain
United_States
20
Rep
720
Posts

 
Drives: Jet Black E92
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: San Jose, CA

iTrader: (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tjpetrosino View Post
is this setup illegal everywhere else besides cali ? or is this legal given it has a secondary resonator?

Thanks,
Tom
It's legal. All I changed was the resonator. You may be thinking of the catalytic converter, which I did not touch at all.
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2011, 04:22 PM   #47
Synergy
Captain
United_States
20
Rep
720
Posts

 
Drives: Jet Black E92
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: San Jose, CA

iTrader: (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by karmsidhu View Post
So wait how much does this cost total? To get everything Synergy did what will it cost? The whole setup including the rear bumper and the dual exhausts... Thanks, much appreciated.
The entire system (including parts and labor) cost me about $600 total. This includes the rear bumper, the magnaflow muffler, two exhaust tips, misc. piping, and 3 hours of labor.
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2011, 04:24 PM   #48
Synergy
Captain
United_States
20
Rep
720
Posts

 
Drives: Jet Black E92
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: San Jose, CA

iTrader: (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by superduty View Post
Thanks. I've seen your relocation before. I am more interested how the OP relocated his canister because he moved it significantly from the stock location. I'm sure he had to splice in additional wiring and hoses.
There's actually a ton of wire on the canister. You need to cut the wire loom to expose the rest of it. The wiring is just long enough to re-route it and tuck it to a different location. However, I did have to extend the hose.
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2011, 04:31 PM   #49
Synergy
Captain
United_States
20
Rep
720
Posts

 
Drives: Jet Black E92
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: San Jose, CA

iTrader: (8)

To the guy who PMed me asking which muffler I used: your PM box is full.

The Magnaflow part number is 12158.
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2011, 08:14 AM   #50
superduty
Private First Class
superduty's Avatar
United_States
1
Rep
119
Posts

 
Drives: 2010 E91 M Sport
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Tucson, Az

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synergy View Post
There's actually a ton of wire on the canister. You need to cut the wire loom to expose the rest of it. The wiring is just long enough to re-route it and tuck it to a different location. However, I did have to extend the hose.
I know what has to be done to relocate the canister in terms of splicing in more wire and hose length. My question is how did you lengthen the hoses?
__________________
"Did I say something abnormal?"
"You're an engineer, everything you say is abnormal."
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2011, 04:46 PM   #51
Victorae
Lieutenant
8
Rep
547
Posts

 
Drives: E92 328i
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: SoCal

iTrader: (1)

I love the setup, it is so sick!!!

I'm seriously considering this vs. the BMW PE exhaust, since buying a painted mtech rear + $500 (what you spent approximately) would run me about the same price as brand new PE exhaust, if not less.

My question is, how loud is the droning? Is it disruptive (can't hear my music properly on medium level going 80 mph)? I drive between SD and OC a lot so I'm on the freeway for solid 1 hour blocks frequently. Ultimately, I would rather have the dual exhaust look with the mtech bumper for the same price if possible.

Also, if someone could teach me a little about exhaust systems (the components it has, from header to exhaust tips, it would be greatly appreciated).
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2011, 05:17 PM   #52
BMW335i07
Private First Class
BMW335i07's Avatar
United_States
2
Rep
123
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 328i Coupe
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Irvine, CA

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2007 335i Coupe  [5.00]
2008 328i Coupe  [5.00]
I just bought a loaded 08 yesterday and I am thinking about doing this too.
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2011, 03:21 AM   #53
ciscokid01
New Member
0
Rep
22
Posts

 
Drives: 09 328i Sedan
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Orange County, California

iTrader: (0)

i was wondering if i could do something like this, but with m3 style quads with an m3 rear bumper?
im thinking the flow would be the same if i dont split the pipes til the last bit so the flow gives enough pressure to not restrict power, but still have the quad exhaust look?
also im diggin the sound, i want it on my 09 haha
props to you man, dont listen to the haters rock on with yah bad bimmer man haha
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2011, 09:06 AM   #54
g_rant
Lieutenant Colonel
g_rant's Avatar
United_States
16
Rep
1,596
Posts

 
Drives: Arctic325, NAMX5
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Bay Area, CA

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ciscokid01 View Post
i was wondering if i could do something like this, but with m3 style quads with an m3 rear bumper?
im thinking the flow would be the same if i dont split the pipes til the last bit so the flow gives enough pressure to not restrict power, but still have the quad exhaust look?
also im diggin the sound, i want it on my 09 haha
props to you man, dont listen to the haters rock on with yah bad bimmer man haha
PM Kyrios, he has an NA with that set up too.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2011, 09:49 PM   #55
sean8c4
sean8c4 (twitter) follow me
United_States
2
Rep
103
Posts

 
Drives: bmw 328iM conv
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: MIAMI FL

iTrader: (0)

Send a message via Skype™ to sean8c4
all these look sick i dont get how it was so cheap i paid a shiload for minee
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2011, 10:32 PM   #56
BMCoupe_782
Bavarian Fever
BMCoupe_782's Avatar
United_States
15
Rep
1,109
Posts

 
Drives: 08' e92 328xi TiAg
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Queens, NY / North NJ

iTrader: (4)

this looks and sounds good. well done.
__________________
| ESS n52 Tune | BMW Performance Intake/Exhaust | LUX H8 v3 AE | GP Thunder 8500K fogs/corners | LED: signals/interior | V1 hardwired | debadge | AC pedals | Performance shift knob/boot | CF e-brake | Aero lip | m3 side skirts/spoiler | MB kidneys | Strut brace | Painted reflectors | Painted Calipers/Hubs | 35% 3M tint | Smoked tails | CF Roundels | 19" Miro 942 | Conti DWS | H&R Springs for xi | Bilstein Shocks| Nxt: Alpine Subs/Amps
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2011, 04:12 AM   #57
edirtaynine
Major General
61
Rep
6,093
Posts

 
Drives: e92
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: SoCal

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaysBlueE92 View Post
I ended up going with the mtech rear and custom quad diffuser.

that looks fucking sick
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2011, 09:12 AM   #58
JaysBlueE92
Mr. Monaco
JaysBlueE92's Avatar
United_States
51
Rep
4,041
Posts

 
Drives: Slow..
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: New Jersey

iTrader: (9)

Garage List
2007 E92  [2.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by edirtaynine View Post
that looks fucking sick
thanks
__________________
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2011, 12:16 PM   #59
pced963
Registered
0
Rep
2
Posts

 
Drives: 328XI 2DR
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: campbell

iTrader: (0)

where is exhaust shop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synergy View Post
To the guy who PMed me asking which muffler I used: your PM box is full.

The Magnaflow part number is 12158.
I am in SAN JOSE too. can you tell me where is the shop locate?
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2011, 04:54 AM   #60
syd
Private
syd's Avatar
1
Rep
79
Posts

 
Drives: 2009 AW/CR e92 335i
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Atl,GA

iTrader: (0)

OP, could you please contact me via email I had a couple of questions regarding this setup and wanted to seek some insight from you. I just purchased a 328 and want to do the same thing. Unfortunately I do not have "5" post's yet to PM you. My email is Massoud.sayed@gmail.com . Thank you!
__________________

2003 JB/IR M3
2009 AW/FR 328i
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2011, 08:54 PM   #61
sk8board511
Captain
sk8board511's Avatar
United_States
10
Rep
688
Posts

 
Drives: 07 E90-Bikes on bikes on bikes
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Charlotte NC

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by syd View Post
OP, could you please contact me via email I had a couple of questions regarding this setup and wanted to seek some insight from you. I just purchased a 328 and want to do the same thing. Unfortunately I do not have "5" post's yet to PM you. My email is Massoud.sayed@gmail.com . Thank you!
I'm sure he's still around somewhere, but you can easily get your post count higher by posting about something that really doesn't have anything to do with the thread you are in....my point exactly
__________________
KING"ish" OF Changed for collins
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2011, 02:25 AM   #62
syd
Private
syd's Avatar
1
Rep
79
Posts

 
Drives: 2009 AW/CR e92 335i
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Atl,GA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk8board511 View Post
I'm sure he's still around somewhere, but you can easily get your post count higher by posting about something that really doesn't have anything to do with the thread you are in....my point exactly
I like your style! haha
__________________

2003 JB/IR M3
2009 AW/FR 328i
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2011, 02:52 AM   #63
iczz
Lieutenant Colonel
iczz's Avatar
Taiwan
28
Rep
1,753
Posts

 
Drives: E90 / F10 / F80
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: SF Bay Area

iTrader: (23)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pced963 View Post
I am in SAN JOSE too. can you tell me where is the shop locate?
+1 I would like to know too
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2011, 10:17 PM   #64
Synergy
Captain
United_States
20
Rep
720
Posts

 
Drives: Jet Black E92
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: San Jose, CA

iTrader: (8)

i am giving away my setup, guys. all i ask is that you pay the exhaust shop for the labor to put on my stock exhaust. PM me.

the shop's name is Sounds of Speed in Santa Clara, CA
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2011, 11:22 PM   #65
syd
Private
syd's Avatar
1
Rep
79
Posts

 
Drives: 2009 AW/CR e92 335i
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Atl,GA

iTrader: (0)

Give me a call 925 594 0605. Ill take it off your hands.


I would pm you but my 5 post's haven't "registered" in the forums system yet.
__________________

2003 JB/IR M3
2009 AW/FR 328i
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2011, 11:50 PM   #66
Synergy
Captain
United_States
20
Rep
720
Posts

 
Drives: Jet Black E92
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: San Jose, CA

iTrader: (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by syd View Post
Give me a call 925 594 0605. Ill take it off your hands.


I would pm you but my 5 post's haven't "registered" in the forums system yet.
I'll give you a call tomorrow. The girlfriend is yapping my ear off on the phone right now.
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:35 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST