E90Post

GT Haus

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > ConnectedDrive / I-Drive / Navigation Related Discussion > I-Drive/PDC/radio problem

07-05-2011, 04:26 PM   #1
Sinpa
Registered

Drives: BMW 320D touring

I-Drive/PDC/radio problem

My problem is not only the I-Drive but I made a new topic here anyway. The problem is that radio or PDC or I-Drive display freezes occasionally. First I noticed that the radio sound went off for a few seconds and when I tried to increse the volume or change the radio station, the I-Drive knob doesn't do anything or it does after a few seconds (five to ten seconds for example). It seems that there is some delay in the communication. The problem started after a rainy day so I though it has something to do with water or humidity. I went to a local dealer and they installed a new software to my car but the problem didn't disappear. They don't know what the problem might be but hey think that there is a loose connection somewhere in the MOST ring so I tried to find out all the modules and checked the connections but it didn't help. After three weeks the problem disappeared and everything was working for about one month but again after a very rainy day, the problem came back. I haven't found any water from the inside and I've also tried to ventilate my car very much but the problem don't disapper again. Suddenly, one morning when the weather was quite cold (+9 degrees) the radio etc. worked fine but in the afternoon when it was about +15, the problems started again.
Usually when I start driving, the radio works something like 2-5 seconds on and the off but after a 15 minutes drive it usually don't work at all and the I-Drive reboots. After reboot it might work again 2-5 seconds on and the off.

I don't know whether the problem is water/humidity in the modules or is it a heating problem. I'm getting frustrated so please help if you can.

The error codes:

DME/DDE: 4232

MOSGW: E18E, E18D, E18C and E18F

FRM: E587

CID: A46D

My Car is 2006 E91 320D with I-drive, Business Navi, roof window.

Thanks in advance.
Sinpa is offline   Finland
      08-28-2011, 06:09 PM   #2
Mrtj
Enlisted Member

Drives: E90 320i

Fren, i having the problem excactly what you described.. So have you got that done yet.mine is 2005 E90
      12-08-2011, 03:57 PM   #3
dcano209
Registered

Drives: 2004 545i

Same issue as you!!

Please help...I am experiancing the EXACT same issues in my 2004 545i. Was just at the local european shop today where they checked to make sure my battery was registered correctly, it was, and the scan also revealed NO audio issues. I'm hoping a sofware update can fix this instead of a whole new CCC or iDrive system. My car is out of warranty and I'llnot be happy spending that kind of $$$. Hopefully your issue is resolved...if so..would you mind sharing?

Thanks in advance