E90Post
 


Bimmertech
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > What springs would you pair with TC Kline



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      12-12-2011, 04:01 PM   #23
turb0mike
First Lieutenant ///M killer
 
turb0mike's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 335i Racecar
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: San Diego, CA

Posts: 2,694
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2010 BMW 335i  [4.45]
It really all depends. 400/800 was great for street/track use but when you migrate up to a mostly track vehicle and a square track setup (like I hope to be running soon) you want to have a somewhat even spring distribution. However, you still want the fronts to be a little less stiff because if not you will understeer like a civic. Fred from ER is running a square setup on his track car and 900/1000 I think. A little extreme for us but they JUST drive that car on the track.
__________________

turb0mike is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-12-2011, 04:14 PM   #24
Doyle
Hellafunctional
 
Drives: 335xi
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: N/A

Posts: 426
iTrader: (2)

+1

There are alot of variables when we start talking suspension.
Doyle is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-12-2011, 08:11 PM   #25
Hybrid For Life
Banned
 
Drives: Out of Spec
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Santa Barbara, CA

Posts: 2,119
iTrader: (4)

how harsh are we talking of a ride on the street with 400/800? Im in the market for coils and have an option to essentially get springs in the any stiffness i want due to order the coils straight from the manufacturer. I plan on going pretty low once the coils are on and want a pretty stiff ride although not rock hard. I live in Santa Barbara (soCal) so i might be at a few track days but nothing crazy. recommendations?
Also the coils im looking into are BC Racing and I can only seem to find the stock spring rates for those coils in 7k/11k. How would I translate those numbers into pounds?
Hybrid For Life is offline   Germany
0
Reply With Quote
      12-12-2011, 08:34 PM   #26
turb0mike
First Lieutenant ///M killer
 
turb0mike's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 335i Racecar
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: San Diego, CA

Posts: 2,694
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2010 BMW 335i  [4.45]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hybrid For Life View Post
how harsh are we talking of a ride on the street with 400/800? Im in the market for coils and have an option to essentially get springs in the any stiffness i want due to order the coils straight from the manufacturer. I plan on going pretty low once the coils are on and want a pretty stiff ride although not rock hard. I live in Santa Barbara (soCal) so i might be at a few track days but nothing crazy. recommendations?
Also the coils im looking into are BC Racing and I can only seem to find the stock spring rates for those coils in 7k/11k. How would I translate those numbers into pounds?
I LIVE IN SB!!! I don't know if I have seen your car around. If you want a ride in my car to feel how stiff a 400/800 is I would be happy to give you a ride.
__________________

turb0mike is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-12-2011, 09:08 PM   #27
Hybrid For Life
Banned
 
Drives: Out of Spec
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Santa Barbara, CA

Posts: 2,119
iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mflowt5 View Post
I LIVE IN SB!!! I don't know if I have seen your car around. If you want a ride in my car to feel how stiff a 400/800 is I would be happy to give you a ride.
You probably haven't seen me around unless it was in hope ranch(work) or upper state/154/foothill area(live around there). I've only had he car for 2 weeks (bought it from Santa Maria) and I'm just getting my feet wet in the whole e90 scene, I previously came from and e46 and was pretty knowledgeable with those, e90's are a different story however.

Well sense we live in sb maybe you could give me a little more insight on how the ride is around town? and yeah I would like to take you up on the offer of a ride sometime that's convenient for you, I work 8/5 M-F, besides that im pretty much free.
Also here is a quick pic of my car. I'll be on the look out for you around SB
Hybrid For Life is offline   Germany
0
Reply With Quote
      12-12-2011, 11:47 PM   #28
SIKH335
Banned
 
Drives: 2007 335i Coupe
Join Date: May 2011
Location: SF Bay Area

Posts: 969
iTrader: (6)

Garage List
2007 E92 335i  [0.50]
I did tell Harold about the sways. That are already on the car. I do plan on running an LSD. The car is currently a staggered set up. With VMR 701's with the following tire size

265/30r19
235/35r19

Are there issues with my sway bar choice?


Quote:
Originally Posted by Doyle View Post
I love how people that haven't run coilovers chime in to say what to run and what not to run...

OP: Did you notify Harold of your sway bar choices? Also, do you have an LSD/plan on getting an LSD? Do you plan on running a square or staggered tire?
SIKH335 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-12-2011, 11:53 PM   #29
SIKH335
Banned
 
Drives: 2007 335i Coupe
Join Date: May 2011
Location: SF Bay Area

Posts: 969
iTrader: (6)

Garage List
2007 E92 335i  [0.50]
Hybrid. You had emailed me about my KW V1's which are coming off te car or this set up. Those will slam your car I will email you a picture of mine right now. But slamming us not always optimal for the best handling. There is a great stick thread by mr 5 that has alot of spring rates listed.
SIKH335 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-13-2011, 12:02 AM   #30
tibra1
Banned
 
Drives: 2011 ZCP M3 - 2007 335i crashd
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: NYC

Posts: 6,777
iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hybrid For Life View Post
how harsh are we talking of a ride on the street with 400/800? Im in the market for coils and have an option to essentially get springs in the any stiffness i want due to order the coils straight from the manufacturer. I plan on going pretty low once the coils are on and want a pretty stiff ride although not rock hard. I live in Santa Barbara (soCal) so i might be at a few track days but nothing crazy. recommendations?
Also the coils im looking into are BC Racing and I can only seem to find the stock spring rates for those coils in 7k/11k. How would I translate those numbers into pounds?
You can refer to this Swift spring guide.. has good info for rate conversion, weight calculations and stroke dimensions...It all depends on the valving of your dampers, how many adjustments they have etc....but 400/800 seems to be a good startin point

Swift Coil Over Springs _Parts & Spec Sheet.pdf
tibra1 is offline   No_Country
0
Reply With Quote
      12-13-2011, 04:12 AM   #31
turb0mike
First Lieutenant ///M killer
 
turb0mike's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 335i Racecar
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: San Diego, CA

Posts: 2,694
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2010 BMW 335i  [4.45]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hybrid For Life View Post
You probably haven't seen me around unless it was in hope ranch(work) or upper state/154/foothill area(live around there). I've only had he car for 2 weeks (bought it from Santa Maria) and I'm just getting my feet wet in the whole e90 scene, I previously came from and e46 and was pretty knowledgeable with those, e90's are a different story however.

Well sense we live in sb maybe you could give me a little more insight on how the ride is around town? and yeah I would like to take you up on the offer of a ride sometime that's convenient for you, I work 8/5 M-F, besides that im pretty much free.
Also here is a quick pic of my car. I'll be on the look out for you around SB
Cool, I will shoot you a PM with my number. I actually live right across from Hope School so we are VERY close, haha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIKH335 View Post
I did tell Harold about the sways. That are already on the car. I do plan on running an LSD. The car is currently a staggered set up. With VMR 701's with the following tire size

265/30r19
235/35r19

Are there issues with my sway bar choice?
Hey Prem,

I actually don't like the sway because it stiffens up the rear a little too much with the 800 spring rate and would cause the car to oversteer more than I would like on a track. I, as most other drivers, like a little oversteer just to see if we are gonna fuck up go straight into the dirt, not kick the back end and go flying after sliding sideways in dirt for 10 seconds. There is no problem with running a sway persay but I would turn the rebound down a little.

I am still a rookie at this stuff but seem to be getting the hang of it from visiting the track so much.
__________________

turb0mike is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-13-2011, 08:47 AM   #32
Doyle
Hellafunctional
 
Drives: 335xi
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: N/A

Posts: 426
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIKH335 View Post
I did tell Harold about the sways. That are already on the car. I do plan on running an LSD. The car is currently a staggered set up. With VMR 701's with the following tire size

265/30r19
235/35r19

Are there issues with my sway bar choice?
Yeah, that rear bar is a little soft. And the front bar is pretty stiff. I'd probably swap to the M3 bars and do 500/800. Or swap out the rear bar for the H&R bar and run 400/800.

Def get a LSD as it will transform the car. Until then, I wouldn't swap out the bars.
Doyle is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:22 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST