E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Vendor Comments/Review/Feedback Forum > Mad at Tischer !

12-08-2011, 10:51 PM   #23
AndyDaBoss
Lieutenant
Rep

Drives: TiAg 08' E90 335i

Garage List
2008 BMW 335i  [2.25]
Quote:
Originally Posted by akotten View Post
I would call them as soon as you can. Skip all the back and fourth email. For something as small as this part (if I correctly understand what you ordered), then it may have been as simple as charging $90 instead of $9.
well the thing is i dont know how this is going to work out . if they dont give a portion of my money back then i might have to return it which means i have to pay another "$90" to ship it back in which either way i lose money ?
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2011, 10:53 PM   #24
AndyDaBoss
Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
2008 BMW 335i  [2.25]
i am in no way saying that Tischer is a bad company btw ! i'm just saying that the shipping cost isn't exactly reasonable since it itself cost more than the part . hopefully i get this resolved with them .
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2011, 10:53 PM   #25
akotten
Major
Rep

Drives: 2007 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyDaBoss View Post
well the thing is i dont know how this is going to work out . if they dont give a portion of my money back then i might have to return it which means i have to pay another "$90" to ship it back in which either way i lose money ?
You ordered a small plastic cowl, right? Then obviously it should not cost that much to ship. Please, just call them and they will get this sorted out. They're really good about this kind of stuff. Ask me how I know.
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2011, 10:56 PM   #26
AndyDaBoss
Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
2008 BMW 335i  [2.25]
Quote:
Originally Posted by akotten View Post
You ordered a small plastic cowl, right? Then obviously it should not cost that much to ship. Please, just call them and they will get this sorted out. They're really good about this kind of stuff. Ask me how I know.
sure , if you can find their number for me i will give them a call tomorrow afternoon or so !
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2011, 11:03 PM   #27
akotten
Major
Rep

Drives: 2007 335xi

Quote:
sure , if you can find their number for me i will give them a call tomorrow afternoon or so !
Wait....if I remember correctly, they communicate with AIM and email only. I totally forgot, sorry! Either that, or I just couldn't find their number. I do recall using AIM to chat with Jason. They are super fast to reply using that. At least that's my experience.
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2011, 11:15 PM   #28
Express
Major General
Israel
Rep

Drives: 06 330i

Garage List
2006 BMW 330i  [4.15]
what a surprise............

good luck to you!!!!
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2011, 11:21 PM   #29
Royal Flush
Major
United_States
Rep

Drives: 335i, 335is, GT-R, SL65

Send a message via AIM to Royal Flush
Quote:
$70.83 $70.83
Sub Total $70.83
Shipping $90.56
Handling Fee $4.95
Tax $0.00
Total $166.34

so this is my payment page sorry i got my pricing wrong i paid 70 for them which means i paid even more in shipping $20 dollars more than the actual part
What kind of shipping did you get? It wasn't as clear in the previous posts.

(Add Evan and Jason on AIM. They get online at around 8AM EST.)
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2011, 11:43 PM   #30
AndyDaBoss
Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
2008 BMW 335i  [2.25]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal Flush View Post
What kind of shipping did you get? It wasn't as clear in the previous posts.

(Add Evan and Jason on AIM. They get online at around 8AM EST.)
i clicked on the 2nd day shipping at first i thought that $4 dollar fee was my shipping then i took a look at it and it said it is tbd so i was like okay i guess it wont be too much then BAM $90
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2011, 12:09 AM   #31
EYE4SPEED
Ex-Quattro Driver
United_States
Rep

Drives: E90 335d M-Sport LCI

Like the old eBayers - 99 cents for your product, 10 bucks for shipping and "handling".

I'm not sure why they won't take calls. That really discouraged me from ordering - waiting for AIM to talk to someone you are about to drop a load of money on. Some dealers will match their price which works out better. Often times the local tax you will pay is a lot less than the shipping online places charge. Plus, you can return things to the dealer that don't fit or don't like right after you inspect it.

I still don't like the TBD charge, it is like writing a blank check. Hope you get it worked out.
      12-09-2011, 04:53 AM   #32
1QuikWS6
No 55mph
United_States
Rep

Drives: 09 E92 328iX N51 3-Stage ->M6

Garage List
Reason they don't publish a PH# is that they are actually a dealer and don't have time to answer 1000+ dumb calls from people requesting pricing quotes. They advertise on many other forums as well as in BMW magazines.

I have never had a problem getting in touch with Evan thru email - he always answers the same day. He has helped me out with special parts, and part numbers MANY times - some of it which took some time researching on his part

And yes, their shipping is slightly high, I don't think I ever paid less than $14.95 for any part I ordered (but never the amount you paid), but their part pricing is very good and no tax

Basically their part pricing & shipping charges are fixed, they do not lower either any further than they already are as posted. If the invoice stated 'TBD' for the shipping, I would have definitely got in touch with either Evan or Jason before ordering.
2009 328ix E92//SGM//ACS Roof Spoiler//MTech Aero Lip+Trunk Spoiler//M3 Side Skirts//CF Roundels+Grilles//M3 Novillo Interior//Perf Shift Lever+Boot//MPerf DCT Wheel//M3 GT3 eBrake Handle+Boot//ACS Pedals//M3 Mirrors//LCI Tails w/LUX Rev//DTEC V7 AE+MTec 6000K D1S+HPB HID 6000K Fogs//HPB LED Interior//RPI Scoops//CF Euro Airbox+Underhood Hsgs//K&N//BMW PE//MTech Rear Bumper-iS Sport Diffuser//CF Strut Brace//Vishnu OFT//BMW 193M's+Kumho 4X
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2011, 06:25 AM   #33
jzchen
Captain
United_States
Rep

Drives: 335xi Sedan

Uh, guys, this part is big! It spans I would say 3/4 of the width of the car, and is approximately 1 ft. wide. Correct me if I'm wrong but it is the lower microfilter housing cover that you ordered?

I'm not too surprised at the cost of shipping for this size of a product.

(Try taking prices to a local dealer, as others have mentioned.)
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2011, 09:58 AM   #34
AndyDaBoss
Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
2008 BMW 335i  [2.25]
Well Jason from Tischer did email me back and yes they did let me know that shipping would be $50-100 through air mail but again i was caught up by the cheap pricing that i did not notice how much it would actually cost to ship something that size. hopefully they let me get a refund because buying the part from my dealership might actually be a lot cheaper . Hopefully no one took this thread negatively about Tischer cause they are indeed legit !
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2011, 09:58 AM   #35
Jason@Tischer
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2014 Accord EX-L V6 Coupe

Send a message via AIM to Jason@Tischer
Quote:
So i ordered a new cowl for my e90 and it costed a fairly low price of $80 , however i was charged an extra $90 dollars for shipping ! it didnt even show up in my confirmation page because it said tbd . so shipping costed more than the part itself
Hey Andy, thank you again for your order. There's one important fact about this order that you're leaving out here - you actually selected 'Next Day Air' shipping service at checkout on our stie. I have already responded to your e-mail this morning(sent to us last evening(around 8:30pm EST - after the close of business yesterday) explaining the process that we went through in order to see that you received this order by the end of the week. The part was out of stock when ordered, so we overnighted it from BMW at no additional charge to you. The order was then shipped out to you on the following business day via UPS Next Day Air per your request(@ $90.56 - actual cost to ship a package with these dimensions via UPS Next Day Air). The package is scheduled to be delivered to your door today.

Our site Shipping Policy specifically states that UPS Next Day Air shipments will cost $50-$100.00+. This information is also presented to the customer, at checkout - for approval, before an order can be submitted:

Shipping charges for UPS Next Day Air are calculated and added at time of shipment and are typically $60.00+ and depend on part(s) availabilty. If ordered on a Friday, and you want the order delivered on a Saturday, please note in the customer comments section your approval for Saturday Delivery. *We'll do everything possible to make your shipping charges as low as possible - thank you for your trust! *By submitting your order, you agree to our Shipping Policy found on the site. CLICK HERE to view our shipping policy prior to checking the box below.

[ ] I have read and understand these Shipping Instructions.

Folks, please give us ample time to respond to an e-mail complaint before posting the 'I hate Tischer' threads - oftentimes the issue can be explained or cleared up without the need to take it public.

Andy, if you need anything else - please feel free to respond to my e-mail from this morning

Email getHelp@getBMWparts.com AIM: Jason at Tischer
Follow us on: FaceBook | Twitter | YouTube
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2011, 10:06 AM   #36
AndyDaBoss
Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
2008 BMW 335i  [2.25]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason@Tischer View Post
Hey Andy, thank you again for your order. There's one important fact about this order that you're leaving out here - you actually selected 'Next Day Air' shipping service at checkout on our stie. I have already responded to your e-mail this morning(sent to us last evening(around 8:30pm EST - after the close of business yesterday) explaining the process that we went through in order to see that you received this order by the end of the week. The part was out of stock when ordered, so we overnighted it from BMW at no additional charge to you. The order was then shipped out to you on the following business day via UPS Next Day Air per your request(@ $90.56 - actual cost to ship a package with these dimensions via UPS Next Day Air). The package is scheduled to be delivered to your door today.

Our site Shipping Policy specifically states that UPS Next Day Air shipments will cost $50-$100.00+. This information is also presented to the customer, at checkout - for approval, before an order can be submitted:

Shipping charges for UPS Next Day Air are calculated and added at time of shipment and are typically $60.00+ and depend on part(s) availabilty. If ordered on a Friday, and you want the order delivered on a Saturday, please note in the customer comments section your approval for Saturday Delivery. *We'll do everything possible to make your shipping charges as low as possible - thank you for your trust! *By submitting your order, you agree to our Shipping Policy found on the site. CLICK HERE to view our shipping policy prior to checking the box below.

[ ] I have read and understand these Shipping Instructions.

Folks, please give us ample time to respond to an e-mail complaint before posting the 'I hate Tischer' threads - oftentimes the issue can be explained or cleared up without the need to take it public.

Andy, if you need anything else - please feel free to respond to my e-mail from this morning

sorry Jason but i know for a fact i clicked the "Next 2 day shipping" because i ordered this product on Wednesday and i was hoping to get it on Friday because my other product would be here Friday (Today) as well . i will have to get back to this later got school to attend !
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2011, 10:17 AM   #37
Jason@Tischer
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2014 Accord EX-L V6 Coupe

Send a message via AIM to Jason@Tischer
Quote:
sorry Jason but i know for a fact i clicked the "Next 2 day shipping" because i ordered this product on Wednesday and i was hoping to get it on Friday because my other product would be here Friday (Today) as well . i will have to get back to this later got school to attend !
You have mail..

Email getHelp@getBMWparts.com AIM: Jason at Tischer
Follow us on: FaceBook | Twitter | YouTube
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2011, 01:21 PM   #38
AndyDaBoss
Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
2008 BMW 335i  [2.25]
*UPDATE* Tischer refunded me $45 back for shipping which makes me more than satisfied . looking forward to doing business with them again !
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2011, 04:39 AM   #39
gcreese
gcreese
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2011 335i xDrive Coupe

I bought from Tischer recently and was significantly underwhelmed. The issue is they're using a terrible eCommerce engine (hard to find what you want, no BMW part numbers in the description, shipping costs not visible early). When I complained, they responded quickly (they get kudos for that) and said, "Email us, we'll figure it out." What they're missing is I don't want to spend time going back and forth. I want to find what I want online with a minimum of fuss, order it, and get on with my life. Their high touch approach may work with BMW fans who like to "talk BMW" with others, but the site is stuck ten years in the past given the current state of eCommerce.

2010 535i xDrive Sport Wagon (April 2009): Deep Sea Blue / Cream Beige / Sport, Premium, Cold Weather Packages
2011 335i xDrive Coupe (April 2011, European Delivery): Le Mans Blue / Oyster-Black / M Sport, Premium, Convenience Packages

Last edited by gcreese; 12-10-2011 at 06:18 AM.
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2011, 12:58 PM   #40
arctic330i
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Drives: F15 35i

Garage List
2014 BMW X5  [0.00]
2006 BMW 330i E90  [4.04]
2013 BMW 335is  [5.00]
I know the feeling. I had a $76 order, and UPS 2 day air at $85... But you don’t know the total until later. I understand the whole “we must calculate thing” but I did not expect to spend more on the item for shipping. If you could have sent me an email saying, “ok shipping will come to a ridiculous $85, should we go ahead?” then we could decide before you charge the card...
      12-11-2011, 03:43 PM   #41
RupertPupkin
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Drives: Freak Beast

I love buying from Tischer. Incredibly fast "normal" shipping and have always been great!
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2011, 05:34 PM   #42
jvsxn
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Drives: e-ninety

Send a message via AIM to jvsxn
It's like those annoying listings on eBay that lists an $100 item for $5 and $95 for shipping. Of course the pricing will vary, the concept of it all is stupid. Now I'm contemplating picking up my Performance rocker panels from Tischer