E90Post
 


ECS BMW
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > BMW performance strut v. sport package strut



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      11-30-2011, 07:08 AM   #1
sunny
Private First Class
United_States
1

 
Drives: 330i Monaco Blue
Join Date: May 2008
Location: central CA


Posts: 187
iTrader: (0)

BMW performance strut v. sport package strut

those of you who went from sport package (ZSP) strut to BMW performance
strut, on a stock sport springs , how much stiffer is the BMW performance strut ?
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2011, 09:37 AM   #2
123Britt
07 X5 3.0si & 07 335i 6Mt
United_States
6

 
Drives: 07 335i - SILVER Sport 6MT
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Madison, Alabama


Posts: 292
iTrader: (0)

Old Perf Struts

Now that I have 60k miles -- looking to install the "old Perf Kit" from Tischer on the car this spring. Kit contains Performance struts and stops and I plan to pair them to my existing ZSP springs.
.
.
I think this was the intended use -- so expectations are -- a little firmer ride with no additional drop -- ride should be maintained with a little improvement in handling. Currently riding on 18"s w/o RFT .
.
.
Anyone out there with this set-up ---- COMMENTS???
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2011, 07:56 AM   #3
tunachris
First Lieutenant
United_States
3

 
tunachris's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 E92
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Simi Valley, CA


Posts: 318
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2010 E92  [0.00]
I have an M-sport. Talked to my SA about a year and a half ago about doing Perf. Suspension on my car. He told me with the cost of the parts and the install, it would set me back close to $3K. He said that I would be better off going to aftermarket coil-overs for the money. I ended up doing KW Series 1's. Cost about half what the Performance Suspension would have cost. I am very happy with the results.
__________________
JB4, BMW Perf. Exhaust, DCI, Strut Brace, KW Series 1, Quaife LSD, Black Kidneys.
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2011, 09:51 AM   #4
Dino355
e46 M3 fan
United Kingdom
9

 
Dino355's Avatar
 
Drives: e46 M3
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: London


Posts: 438
iTrader: (12)

Garage List
2003 BMW M3  [3.00]
That's strange as in the UK the BMWP susp is so cheap at 675 for dampers, springs and front anti roll bar (oddly enough it doesn't come with a rear arb)
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2011, 01:49 PM   #5
Route 16
I got lei'd
Philippines
58

 
Route 16's Avatar
 
Drives: '07 E90 328i
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: BayArea


Posts: 4,631
iTrader: (29)

What can you say about V1? I heard they fail after 40k miles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tunachris View Post
I have an M-sport. Talked to my SA about a year and a half ago about doing Perf. Suspension on my car. He told me with the cost of the parts and the install, it would set me back close to $3K. He said that I would be better off going to aftermarket coil-overs for the money. I ended up doing KW Series 1's. Cost about half what the Performance Suspension would have cost. I am very happy with the results.
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2011, 05:55 PM   #6
cvc 22349a
Colonel
United_States
27

 
cvc 22349a's Avatar
 
Drives: 335i
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: SF Bay


Posts: 2,255
iTrader: (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 123Britt View Post
Now that I have 60k miles -- looking to install the "old Perf Kit" from Tischer on the car this spring. Kit contains Performance struts and stops and I plan to pair them to my existing ZSP springs.
.
.
I think this was the intended use -- so expectations are -- a little firmer ride with no additional drop -- ride should be maintained with a little improvement in handling. Currently riding on 18"s w/o RFT .
.
.
Anyone out there with this set-up ---- COMMENTS???
You're right, the 'old' performance dampers and bumpstops were intended by BMW to be used w/zsp springs; no drop/firmer ride.
If you istall those, would you pls let me know how those bumpstops compare to the zsp stops? I've got a set of those 'old' ps stops sitting in my garage and I'd sure appreciate feedback from someone who's used them w/zsp springs..btw, the stops are taller and significantly stiffer than zsp
__________________
2007 E90 335i, TiAg, 6AT, ZPP, ZSP, ZCW, 6FL, HD
Quaife lsd, ETS fmic, GIAC s/w, Dinan intake/exhaust/oc, KW/M3 susp, Apex Arc 8, Mich PSS
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2011, 06:25 PM   #7
brocklanders
Captain
11

 
brocklanders's Avatar
 
Drives: the uno, mineral white
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: houston


Posts: 956
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
06 325  [0.00]
i had bought the old performance suspension, to use the bump stops and hardware for the eibach sport kit plus. then i sold the dampers with my zsp springs. all the hardware in that kit is the same exact part numbers as zsp, as in bump stops and roll bar bushings. but it would never hurt to replace worn parts with new ones.
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2011, 12:55 AM   #8
DaanBMW
Lieutenant
United_States
5

 
DaanBMW's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 328i coupe
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Portland, OR


Posts: 402
iTrader: (1)

There's got to be plenty of people with the v1 perf susp (aka dampers) installed. I'm interested in comparison to ZSP as well.
__________________
328i Sports Pkg, Michelin PSS on Staggered 18" OZ Ultraleggeras
. BMS Powerbox. Cyba scoops + charcoal delete. Wavetrac LSD
. M3: subframe bushings + sways + control arms. Meyle rear toe arms. M3 diff fr bushings
. BMW Perf: springs + v1 dampers
. Short Shifter + ZHP M weighted shift knob. CDV delete.
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2011, 10:08 AM   #9
tunachris
First Lieutenant
United_States
3

 
tunachris's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 E92
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Simi Valley, CA


Posts: 318
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2010 E92  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by yoko kai View Post
What can you say about V1? I heard they fail after 40k miles.


Mine has been on for about 23,000 miles with no issues. I may change the springs at some point, but for now I'm good. If I need to do any work later on, I may go to another option.
__________________
JB4, BMW Perf. Exhaust, DCI, Strut Brace, KW Series 1, Quaife LSD, Black Kidneys.
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2011, 01:04 PM   #10
Route 16
I got lei'd
Philippines
58

 
Route 16's Avatar
 
Drives: '07 E90 328i
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: BayArea


Posts: 4,631
iTrader: (29)

Is that the spring/shock/strut set or coilover set? I wanna go with V1 or new BMW Perf. Susp. but there's a sale so I might go with OEM for the 1 inch drop.

Anyone with reviews with the "new" bmw perf. susp? This would be my first choice, I just don't know what kind of cons there would be in this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tunachris View Post
Mine has been on for about 23,000 miles with no issues. I may change the springs at some point, but for now I'm good. If I need to do any work later on, I may go to another option.
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:12 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST