E90Post
 


 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > PROCede With Ground Off



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      06-21-2007, 04:36 PM   #1
Ado
King Kong
 
Ado's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Toronto

Posts: 769
iTrader: (0)

PROCede With Ground Off

Hey Shiv,

I'll be taking my PROCede into the dealership and wanted to not take out the PROCede while it's there.

Just in case they test drive the car I don't want them to notice the power difference. Do you know if the car will work normally on the factory map if we take the ground wide and tape it up so that it's not getting any power?

Thanks.
__________________
08 E92 M3 - AA ECU, AA Pulleys, AA Air Filter, AA Short Shifter - CURRENT
E92 335i - Vishnu V3, Exhaust, Intake, BOV, CDV Delete - SOLD
1991 850i Dinan Twin Turbo - SOLD

Health Forums
Ado is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      06-21-2007, 04:42 PM   #2
Terry335
Banned
 
Drives: 335i
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Socal

Posts: 2,587
iTrader: (0)

lol bad idea.
Terry335 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-21-2007, 04:53 PM   #3
Soni
Major General
 
Soni's Avatar
 
Drives: Just a car
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: CANADA eh!

Posts: 8,378
iTrader: (35)

Garage List
2007 335i Coupe  [4.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ado View Post
Hey Shiv,

I'll be taking my PROCede into the dealership and wanted to not take out the PROCede while it's there.

Just in case they test drive the car I don't want them to notice the power difference. Do you know if the car will work normally on the factory map if we take the ground wide and tape it up so that it's not getting any power?

Thanks.

why you taking the car in??
Soni is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      06-21-2007, 04:54 PM   #4
Straz M3
Never Lose
 
Straz M3's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011.75 E92 M3
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Windy City

Posts: 1,146
iTrader: (2)

Bypass Plugs should do the trick
__________________
'11 Melbourne Red Metallic / Black/Fox/Fox 6MT E92 ///M3
ZCP | Convenience Package | Premium Package 2 | Heated Seats | Enhanced Premium Sound l BMW Apps
Straz M3 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-21-2007, 04:55 PM   #5
tek818
Lieutenant Colonel
 
tek818's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 135i
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Los Angeles

Posts: 1,835
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2012 BMW 135i  [0.00]
taking the ground off will throw all kinds of codes. The proper way would be to put the bypass plugs in and reattach the boost solenoid.
tek818 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-21-2007, 05:32 PM   #6
lawdude
Colonel
 
lawdude's Avatar
 
Drives: 335i ZPP ZSP TiAg MT
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Georgia

Posts: 2,259
iTrader: (1)

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showpo...75&postcount=2
lawdude is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-21-2007, 08:35 PM   #7
Ado
King Kong
 
Ado's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Toronto

Posts: 769
iTrader: (0)

Thanks for the link lawdude.

Soni,

That scratching noise is killing me, I can't stand listening to it anymore, it doesn't happen that often but it just annoys the crap out of me when it does.
__________________
08 E92 M3 - AA ECU, AA Pulleys, AA Air Filter, AA Short Shifter - CURRENT
E92 335i - Vishnu V3, Exhaust, Intake, BOV, CDV Delete - SOLD
1991 850i Dinan Twin Turbo - SOLD

Health Forums
Ado is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      06-21-2007, 09:27 PM   #8
mayno
Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2007 335i Sedan
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: So Cal

Posts: 594
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AB Tek 818 View Post
taking the ground off will throw all kinds of codes. The proper way would be to put the bypass plugs in and reattach the boost solenoid.
what exactly are the bypass plugs?

when you mean reattach the boost solenoid? are you talking about attaching the vacuum lines to the original locations?
mayno is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-21-2007, 10:25 PM   #9
jon@themshop
Captain
 
jon@themshop's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Los Angeles/Eagle Rock, CA

Posts: 759
iTrader: (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayno View Post
what exactly are the bypass plugs?

when you mean reattach the boost solenoid? are you talking about attaching the vacuum lines to the original locations?
The bypass plugs are the ones on the top right hand corner. Basically disconnect the harness from the PROcede unit and plug the bypass plugs to the wiring harness connectors.


Yes he does mean re-attaching the vacuum lines to the original locations.
jon@themshop is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-21-2007, 11:00 PM   #10
mayno
Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2007 335i Sedan
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: So Cal

Posts: 594
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jon@themshop View Post
The bypass plugs are the ones on the top right hand corner. Basically disconnect the harness from the PROcede unit and plug the bypass plugs to the wiring harness connectors.


Yes he does mean re-attaching the vacuum lines to the original locations.
ahh, now I know what those plugs are for! thanks.
mayno is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:27 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST