E90Post

GT Haus

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > Quick camber question

12-14-2011, 07:13 PM   #1
Javy
e92javy
United_States
Rep

Drives: Alpine White E92 M

Quick camber question

I recently purchased some ST coilovers off **********s from there great black friday deals. Before I install them, I want to make sure if there is anything else I need before the install ? Alan from **********s helped me out and told me to get the Rogue Engineering toe arms.

Is there any other brands that are recommended before I make the purchase of the rogue toe arms? Also, I know the toe arms are for the rear, now how about for the front ? Is there anything I need to prevent uneven tire wear in the front ?

I dont see much posts on the forum about this topic so your help will be very much appreciated. BTW its for an 09 335i coupe with M package.

Thanks !
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2011, 08:02 PM   #2
cpt97m3
AutoXer
Rep

Drives: 2009 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javy View Post
I recently purchased some ST coilovers off **********s from there great black friday deals. Before I install them, I want to make sure if there is anything else I need before the install ? Alan from **********s helped me out and told me to get the Rogue Engineering toe arms.

Is there any other brands that are recommended before I make the purchase of the rogue toe arms? Also, I know the toe arms are for the rear, now how about for the front ? Is there anything I need to prevent uneven tire wear in the front ?

I dont see much posts on the forum about this topic so your help will be very much appreciated. BTW its for an 09 335i coupe with M package.

Thanks !
I would recommend a set of camber plates for the front so you can adjust the camber.
      12-16-2011, 03:36 AM   #3
Hybrid For Life
Banned
Germany
Rep

Drives: Out of Spec

You also might need to get a set of adjustable sway bar links if the coils you bought don't already come with them.

And yes chamber plates in the front would help to adjust in some positive chamber to offset the negative chamber that occurs when you lower your ride height.
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2011, 09:02 AM   #4
Javy
e92javy
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpt97m3 View Post
I would recommend a set of camber plates for the front so you can adjust the camber.
Thanks you sir, I have come across Vorshlag and Ground Control plates. The ground control is a bit more affortable. Any recommendations on which company to choose ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hybrid For Life View Post
You also might need to get a set of adjustable sway bar links if the coils you bought don't already come with them.

And yes chamber plates in the front would help to adjust in some positive chamber to offset the negative chamber that occurs when you lower your ride height.
The ST coilovers I purchased did not come with sway bar links. I know HP autowerks has some for a good price. Thanks for the advice.
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2011, 04:11 PM   #5
cpt97m3
AutoXer
Rep

Drives: 2009 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javy View Post
Thanks you sir, I have come across Vorshlag and Ground Control plates. The ground control is a bit more affortable. Any recommendations on which company to choose ?
They both have good plates. Vorshlag has nice plate if you do lots of track/autox events. Ground control also has a nice race plate. But if you do mostly street driving, I'd recommend the Ground control street camber plates. They will have slightly less NVH (noise, vibration and harshness) than the race plates since they are not all metal on metal like the race plates. I'm considering the GC street plates when the time comes. But I'd go with Vorshlag if I did a lot of track/autox events.
      12-16-2011, 04:49 PM   #6
Javy
e92javy
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpt97m3 View Post
They both have good plates. Vorshlag has nice plate if you do lots of track/autox events. Ground control also has a nice race plate. But if you do mostly street driving, I'd recommend the Ground control street camber plates. They will have slightly less NVH (noise, vibration and harshness) than the race plates since they are not all metal on metal like the race plates. I'm considering the GC street plates when the time comes. But I'd go with Vorshlag if I did a lot of track/autox events.
Good info cpt97m3. My e92 is my daily driver so I would go for the Ground control. My car would never see the track so I am not really conserned about performance, just looking for something to prevent tire wear and make sure I my allignment is within spec.
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2011, 10:18 AM   #7
Javy
e92javy
United_States
Rep

I was just informed that Dinan makes camber plates. They are also very affortable at only $199. Dinan camber plates shift the range of the adjuster by -0.7 degree and they keep factory bushings, eliminating negative effects on ride quality.

Anyone recommend these ? Again, I am not looking for performance. I just want to make sure I get even tire wear when lowering the front 1.5' and rear 1.0'.
Appreciate 0