E90Post
 


European Auto Source
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - New England > Just finished coding!



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      12-19-2011, 10:02 PM   #1
WingZeroX5
Major
WingZeroX5's Avatar
United_States
13
Rep
1,194
Posts

 
Drives: 09 E90 M3
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: New Hampshire

iTrader: (9)

Just finished coding!

-Removed all bulb checks

-Digital speedo (honestly, it's not that great, what's the big deal? )

-rear fogs turn on when unlocking the car

-corner delete (i was using resistors and admittedly did an OK job, but it threw an error recently, annoying so I needed to get rid of it)

-pass/driver seatbelt alarm

-all doors unlock when key is removed

-Brake force lighting

-windows close via keyfob

-wipers always complete cycle

-cleared w/e error's are stored

The only thing i didn't attempt is TPMS disable. I figured only a few months in a year that i have the snows on, I can manage.

that's it for now!
__________________

Last edited by WingZeroX5; 12-20-2011 at 12:17 PM.
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2011, 10:52 PM   #2
MJR63
Lieutenant
MJR63's Avatar
United_States
5
Rep
415
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 335i X-Drive Sedan
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Tolland, CT

iTrader: (5)

Garage List
Nice!
__________________
2011 335 X-Drive E90 MTECH 6MT AST4100's Vishnu 3.5" DP Helix FMIC Procede V5 M3 Strut Brace M3 Trunk Lip LUX H8 19" Alufelgen SF-71: 8.5' front, 9.5' rear Continental ExtremeContact DW Tires
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2011, 11:07 PM   #3
Etek
Private First Class
1
Rep
118
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 335i xdrive
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: boston

iTrader: (1)

awesome..wanna learn how to code as well. So far I only done reading about coding. As I think I only need to do is control windows via remote..seat belt alarm and video in motion.
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2011, 11:33 PM   #4
WingZeroX5
Major
WingZeroX5's Avatar
United_States
13
Rep
1,194
Posts

 
Drives: 09 E90 M3
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: New Hampshire

iTrader: (9)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Etek View Post
awesome..wanna learn how to code as well. So far I only done reading about coding. As I think I only need to do is control windows via remote..seat belt alarm and video in motion.
shelve out $85 for the right cable and follow the DIY to the T!!!

I had a few errors but I was able to debug them. I don't know how LCI's work, you may have to update the DATEN files. But overall, it's well worth it. I can diagnose the car as well
__________________
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2011, 08:49 AM   #5
2Times
I'd hit it
2Times's Avatar
United_States
7
Rep
630
Posts

 
Drives: black on black e92 335xi
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Boostin, MA

iTrader: (3)

Garage List
2008 335xi  [5.00]
Interesting, I'd do it just so the doors will unlock when I take the key out. It's annoying when people can't figure out that they have to pull the handle twice... even when I tell them.
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2011, 09:13 AM   #6
MJR63
Lieutenant
MJR63's Avatar
United_States
5
Rep
415
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 335i X-Drive Sedan
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Tolland, CT

iTrader: (5)

Garage List
What cable did you get? I'm also looking to learn how to code!
__________________
2011 335 X-Drive E90 MTECH 6MT AST4100's Vishnu 3.5" DP Helix FMIC Procede V5 M3 Strut Brace M3 Trunk Lip LUX H8 19" Alufelgen SF-71: 8.5' front, 9.5' rear Continental ExtremeContact DW Tires
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2011, 12:15 PM   #7
WingZeroX5
Major
WingZeroX5's Avatar
United_States
13
Rep
1,194
Posts

 
Drives: 09 E90 M3
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: New Hampshire

iTrader: (9)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJR63 View Post
What cable did you get? I'm also looking to learn how to code!
http://www.ebay.com/itm/BMW-INPA-Edi...item2569c47c64
Double check that the seller is automotive tools

You might need drivers, they're also in the DIY coding section...
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Times View Post
Interesting, I'd do it just so the doors will unlock when I take the key out. It's annoying when people can't figure out that they have to pull the handle twice... even when I tell them.
Hahah yeah, it's hilarious to see that they just stop trying after the 1st time and ??? are all over their heads.

ETA: forgot to include the wiper complete cycle when key is pulled
__________________
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2011, 09:01 AM   #8
MJR63
Lieutenant
MJR63's Avatar
United_States
5
Rep
415
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 335i X-Drive Sedan
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Tolland, CT

iTrader: (5)

Garage List
Thanks for the link for the cable. Did you pay $119 for this? I remember it said guys were paying around $85 for this cable.
__________________
2011 335 X-Drive E90 MTECH 6MT AST4100's Vishnu 3.5" DP Helix FMIC Procede V5 M3 Strut Brace M3 Trunk Lip LUX H8 19" Alufelgen SF-71: 8.5' front, 9.5' rear Continental ExtremeContact DW Tires
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2011, 09:02 AM   #9
WingZeroX5
Major
WingZeroX5's Avatar
United_States
13
Rep
1,194
Posts

 
Drives: 09 E90 M3
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: New Hampshire

iTrader: (9)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJR63 View Post
Thanks for the link for the cable. Did you pay $119 for this? I remember it said guys were paying around $85 for this cable.
offer $85
__________________
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2011, 10:57 AM   #10
pkirk
Private First Class
2
Rep
149
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 328XI
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Manchester, NH

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingZeroX5 View Post
-Removed all bulb checks

-Digital speedo (honestly, it's not that great, what's the big deal? )

-rear fogs turn on when unlocking the car

-corner delete (i was using resistors and admittedly did an OK job, but it threw an error recently, annoying so I needed to get rid of it)

-pass/driver seatbelt alarm

-all doors unlock when key is removed

-Brake force lighting

-windows close via keyfob

-wipers always complete cycle

-cleared w/e error's are stored

The only thing i didn't attempt is TPMS disable. I figured only a few months in a year that i have the snows on, I can manage.

that's it for now!
I'm in NH too - any interest in helping me out with alarm coding?

I installed OEM system but it needs to be coded in order to be functional
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2011, 11:03 AM   #11
JDLM
Banned
JDLM's Avatar
United_States
42
Rep
3,278
Posts

 
Drives: 2009 335i Sedan
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Kansas

iTrader: (4)

What is brake force lighting? I am going to start coding after the 1st of the year myself
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2011, 12:44 PM   #12
WingZeroX5
Major
WingZeroX5's Avatar
United_States
13
Rep
1,194
Posts

 
Drives: 09 E90 M3
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: New Hampshire

iTrader: (9)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkirk View Post
I'm in NH too - any interest in helping me out with alarm coding?

I installed OEM system but it needs to be coded in order to be functional
I haven't looked into alarm coding, but it seems more involved. I can look into the required files need to be edited if you'd like.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDLM View Post
What is brake force lighting? I am going to start coding after the 1st of the year myself
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=57193
__________________
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2011, 02:23 PM   #13
pkirk
Private First Class
2
Rep
149
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 328XI
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Manchester, NH

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingZeroX5 View Post
I haven't looked into alarm coding, but it seems more involved. I can look into the required files need to be edited if you'd like.



http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=57193
That would be great! Here is a thread on alarm coding. http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...ght=code+alarm

Do you think you would be able to do this?
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2011, 10:54 AM   #14
WingZeroX5
Major
WingZeroX5's Avatar
United_States
13
Rep
1,194
Posts

 
Drives: 09 E90 M3
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: New Hampshire

iTrader: (9)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkirk View Post
That would be great! Here is a thread on alarm coding. http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...ght=code+alarm

Do you think you would be able to do this?
Looks more involved because of the coding of VO, but the rest are just modules which those are simple. I don't mind experimenting though
__________________
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2012, 10:20 AM   #15
AWD Addict
Chief Executive
AWD Addict's Avatar
36
Rep
2,483
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 335xi 6spd Coupe
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Boston

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2008 335xi  [0.00]
Is the rumor about disabling the seatbelt chime disables the airbags true?
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2012, 11:41 AM   #16
bimmer35
Drive Responsibly, Race on the Track
bimmer35's Avatar
16
Rep
514
Posts

 
Drives: 435i M Sport
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: MA

iTrader: (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWD Addict View Post
Is the rumor about disabling the seatbelt chime disables the airbags true?
I heard about that too from other coders. I guess its safest to just leave the chime on for now!
__________________
Current: 14' 435i M Sport: Cold Weather Pkg, Tech Pkg, Premium Pkg, Driver Assist Pkg, Lighting Pkg, Dynamic Handling Pkg, M Brakes, HK Sound.

PAST: 09' 335i (Beast), 09' Z4 30i, 09' 328xDrive, 11' Camaro 2SS, 05' M3, 11' Mustang GT 5.0, 09' ML350, 07' RS4, 08' X5 48i, 07' Cayman, 11' 335i xDrive
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2012, 04:09 PM   #17
WingZeroX5
Major
WingZeroX5's Avatar
United_States
13
Rep
1,194
Posts

 
Drives: 09 E90 M3
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: New Hampshire

iTrader: (9)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmer35 View Post
I heard about that too from other coders. I guess its safest to just leave the chime on for now!
IMO, i don't think airbags are disabled when only disabling the chime, it's only a sound that is turned off. It's a chime, not all cars have a warning chime either, but that logic may be flawed as BMW could designed it that way. But I doubt it...

The way I look at it is this: "Do bulbs still work after disabling the car's warm/cold bulb checks?" ....... Obviously, unless it's legitimately blown.

I should've checked the airbag status in INPA after disabling it. My fiancee took my netbook for a conference and won't be back until this weekend, or else I could've looked at INPA tonight. If someone else could do it, let us know if it's functioning.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2012, 07:25 PM   #18
drsilvershot
Second Lieutenant
drsilvershot's Avatar
United_States
3
Rep
281
Posts

 
Drives: 08 335xi jet black
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: providence, ri

iTrader: (5)

Would love to know about the seatbelt/airbag issue, thinking about coding soon.
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:14 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST