E90Post
 


TNT Racewerks
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > ConnectedDrive / I-Drive / Navigation Related Discussion > 2012 DVD Nav (US) Updates Released



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      01-17-2012, 01:46 AM   #89
MB330
Major
MB330's Avatar
United_States
15
Rep
1,345
Posts

 
Drives: 330i
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Los Angeles, CA

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2006 E90 330i  [5.00]
2013 F30 320i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by i dunno View Post
i want to use my first post here to personally thank you for your generosity.
+1!
__________________
'06 330i Monaco Blue/Gray/Walnut/ZPP/Navi/CA/AT -->ED 2006
'13 320i Alpine White/Black/AT
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2012, 01:48 AM   #90
ScBlacksunshine
YUGO is my dream car
ScBlacksunshine's Avatar
29
Rep
1,517
Posts

 
Drives: Bayerische Motoren Werke
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: LBC

iTrader: (2)

Send a message via AIM to ScBlacksunshine
Thanks. Much appreciated
__________________
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2012, 07:07 AM   #91
WaarrEagle
Enlisted Member
0
Rep
36
Posts

 
Drives: 2007 Montego Blue 335 Coupe
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Houston, TX

iTrader: (0)

Thanks GenePoole! My DVD is burning now. Any way we can get scans of the DVD covers?
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2012, 10:34 AM   #92
loobie
Private First Class
1
Rep
170
Posts

 
Drives: 2007 335xi
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Massachusetts

iTrader: (1)

Burned the east and seeding now. Works fine. I will seed until I get another cease and desist order
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2012, 12:26 PM   #93
MB330
Major
MB330's Avatar
United_States
15
Rep
1,345
Posts

 
Drives: 330i
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Los Angeles, CA

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2006 E90 330i  [5.00]
2013 F30 320i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ez_2get View Post
i've successfully burned North America West 2012 map. thnx genepoole. i noticed though that compared to 2011 map, this ain't got the speed trap. i read somewhere here that that normally would have to be added manually, and DVD needs to be re-burned. nevertheless, big tnx to gene. saved a some $$$ here.
You are right, last year disk 2011.1 was modified to add speed cameras.
I don't know if you herd what happen in LA last year. City make decisions that all speed cameras illegal. The remove them and told driver do not pay if you get one but NO, WE WILL NOT RETURN ANY PAID TICKET.
Average amount of penalty was around $460, that city collected in the last few years.
__________________
'06 330i Monaco Blue/Gray/Walnut/ZPP/Navi/CA/AT -->ED 2006
'13 320i Alpine White/Black/AT
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2012, 12:37 PM   #94
Vietzboi87
First Lieutenant
3
Rep
322
Posts

 
Drives: E92 AW 335i
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: WPB, Fl

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Szemenyei View Post
I could start burning disks and shipping them if people want to throw me a few bucks via paypal.


Just have to see if i have enough dvds.
Pm me how much.
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2012, 01:06 PM   #95
bradolive
Registered
0
Rep
2
Posts

 
Drives: 2006 E90 330i
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Southern Kalifornia

iTrader: (0)

Thank you - how to update

I've downloaded and am seeding - *THANK YOU* - and just like the 2011 version I burn it and it seems to be fine. I insert it, it says to restart, but did the quick reset trick and all seems well - except there is a street that is 5 years old and shown as updated on the navteq site, but it's still not correct on the maps - is there some secret to this? Are they cached on a drive or anything? I hope that they have the updated roads on the disc after 5 years - it's a major state highway!

2006 330i iDrive
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2012, 01:44 PM   #96
sbux
First Lieutenant
sbux's Avatar
7
Rep
343
Posts

 
Drives: 330i 06
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: NY

iTrader: (0)

Hi, is speed cam added on the EAST DVD already?
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2012, 02:21 PM   #97
GenePoole
Lieutenant
9
Rep
537
Posts

 
Drives: '06 E90 330i
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Brighton, IL

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaarrEagle View Post
Thanks GenePoole! My DVD is burning now. Any way we can get scans of the DVD covers?
I scanned them at 1200 dpi:

http://hoxnet.com/drop/BMW_NAV_regio...00dpi_scan.png
http://hoxnet.com/drop/BMW_NAV_regio...00dpi_scan.png
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2012, 03:01 PM   #98
GenePoole
Lieutenant
9
Rep
537
Posts

 
Drives: '06 E90 330i
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Brighton, IL

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbux View Post
Hi, is speed cam added on the EAST DVD already?
There are no speed cams on these disks. These are unmodified BMW originals. I don't know how to modify disks in this way.
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2012, 03:16 PM   #99
MB330
Major
MB330's Avatar
United_States
15
Rep
1,345
Posts

 
Drives: 330i
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Los Angeles, CA

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2006 E90 330i  [5.00]
2013 F30 320i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradolive View Post
I've downloaded and am seeding - *THANK YOU* - and just like the 2011 version I burn it and it seems to be fine. I insert it, it says to restart, but did the quick reset trick and all seems well - except there is a street that is 5 years old and shown as updated on the navteq site, but it's still not correct on the maps - is there some secret to this? Are they cached on a drive or anything? I hope that they have the updated roads on the disc after 5 years - it's a major state highway!

2006 330i iDrive
2010 DISK (REMEMBER DUAL LAYER ONE) show hwy entrance near my house is closed. I live on this address for 12 yrs and NEVER see that happen. with 2011 they fixed this issue.
__________________
'06 330i Monaco Blue/Gray/Walnut/ZPP/Navi/CA/AT -->ED 2006
'13 320i Alpine White/Black/AT
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2012, 04:29 PM   #100
bradolive
Registered
0
Rep
2
Posts

 
Drives: 2006 E90 330i
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Southern Kalifornia

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MB330 View Post
2010 DISK (REMEMBER DUAL LAYER ONE) show hwy entrance near my house is closed. I live on this address for 12 yrs and NEVER see that happen. with 2011 they fixed this issue.
Ok, so by 2024 it should be correct. Great! Weird that TomTom and navteq have the correct data in their maps but it wasn't incorporated into this release. I was just wondering if there was a cache or something that needs clearing since I can't really tell any differences in this version from the last other than it detected a new version and wanted a restart.
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2012, 08:06 PM   #101
chillmeow
Private
1
Rep
52
Posts

 
Drives: 335i 2008, G35 2003
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Irvine, CA

iTrader: (0)

Can anyone comment on what have been improved on the new map?
Thanks
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2012, 08:11 PM   #102
GB///M5
Captain
GB///M5's Avatar
United_States
9
Rep
661
Posts

 
Drives: E90 335i, F10 M5
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Chicago

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2014 M5  [5.00]
2013 M3 (Gone, neve ...  [5.00]
2008 335i  [5.00]
I was able to extract the west iso file, but when i do the east file it wont let me

It shows that the file size is 734 PB and the compressed size is 2.82.

Any suggestions?
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2012, 08:28 PM   #103
WaarrEagle
Enlisted Member
0
Rep
36
Posts

 
Drives: 2007 Montego Blue 335 Coupe
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Houston, TX

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnie-Bay View Post
I was able to extract the west iso file, but when i do the east file it wont let me

It shows that the file size is 734 PB and the compressed size is 2.82.

Any suggestions?
Same here. Thankfully I live in the West region (TX), but I like to have the East disc in my glove box just in case. Can anyone comment on how they got the East file to extract?

Update: After thinking for a VERY long time, my computer eventually was able to open the East ISO and it only burned ~4.3 GB to the DVD. Something definitely appears wacky with the ISO file, but it does work.

Last edited by WaarrEagle; 01-17-2012 at 10:14 PM.
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2012, 10:51 PM   #104
loobie
Private First Class
1
Rep
170
Posts

 
Drives: 2007 335xi
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Massachusetts

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaarrEagle View Post
Same here. Thankfully I live in the West region (TX), but I like to have the East disc in my glove box just in case. Can anyone comment on how they got the East file to extract?

Update: After thinking for a VERY long time, my computer eventually was able to open the East ISO and it only burned ~4.3 GB to the DVD. Something definitely appears wacky with the ISO file, but it does work.
East disk gave me a warning when burning but works fine
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2012, 12:10 AM   #105
Marmaduke
Enlisted Member
1
Rep
32
Posts

 
Drives: 2007 335i
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Illinois

iTrader: (2)

DL'd and Seeding.

Thanks GenePoole!
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2012, 12:27 AM   #106
MB330
Major
MB330's Avatar
United_States
15
Rep
1,345
Posts

 
Drives: 330i
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Los Angeles, CA

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2006 E90 330i  [5.00]
2013 F30 320i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradolive View Post
Ok, so by 2024 it should be correct. Great! Weird that TomTom and navteq have the correct data in their maps but it wasn't incorporated into this release. I was just wondering if there was a cache or something that needs clearing since I can't really tell any differences in this version from the last other than it detected a new version and wanted a restart.
We are lucky!
We have 2006-2007 cars and was able update our navigation to 2012.
Guys at Audi get 2011-2012 cars with navigation POI dated back at list 3-4 years.
__________________
'06 330i Monaco Blue/Gray/Walnut/ZPP/Navi/CA/AT -->ED 2006
'13 320i Alpine White/Black/AT
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2012, 12:57 AM   #107
GB///M5
Captain
GB///M5's Avatar
United_States
9
Rep
661
Posts

 
Drives: E90 335i, F10 M5
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Chicago

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2014 M5  [5.00]
2013 M3 (Gone, neve ...  [5.00]
2008 335i  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaarrEagle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnie-Bay View Post
I was able to extract the west iso file, but when i do the east file it wont let me

It shows that the file size is 734 PB and the compressed size is 2.82.

Any suggestions?
Same here. Thankfully I live in the West region (TX), but I like to have the East disc in my glove box just in case. Can anyone comment on how they got the East file to extract?

Update: After thinking for a VERY long time, my computer eventually was able to open the East ISO and it only burned ~4.3 GB to the DVD. Something definitely appears wacky with the ISO file, but it does work.
Ok I'll give it another shot. Which program did you use to extract the file?
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2012, 02:03 AM   #108
jrdnlc
Captain
jrdnlc's Avatar
United_States
8
Rep
635
Posts

 
Drives: E90 328i
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Los Angeles, CA

iTrader: (3)

For the ones having problems extracting east disk, are you guys on a mac or windows pc?
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2012, 07:39 AM   #109
WaarrEagle
Enlisted Member
0
Rep
36
Posts

 
Drives: 2007 Montego Blue 335 Coupe
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Houston, TX

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnie-Bay View Post
Ok I'll give it another shot. Which program did you use to extract the file?
I never extracted the file - I just opened the .zip file with Windows 7 and then used Cyberlink Power2Go (some program that came with my computer) to burn the ISO .

I attached the East ISO file details. It appears the issue is with the ISO file, not the .zip file.
Attached Images
 
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2012, 08:03 AM   #110
Orion4
First Lieutenant
United_States
8
Rep
313
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 335i Sport Line Sedan
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Melbourne, FL

iTrader: (0)

For what it's worth, Tischer is selling the 2012 Update for $189 vs 199 via online ordering.
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:40 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST