E90Post

PYSPEED

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > bmw-warranty.co.uk - opinions pls

01-26-2012, 02:39 PM   #1
335tim
Second Lieutenant

Drives: e92 335i se montego blue

bmw-warranty.co.uk - opinions pls

I have only had my 335 about a week and a half but reading another post here, im looking for opinions.......

In with the deal I made for my car with the independent dealer, I got a years auto protect warranty thrown in BUT......I know (from personal experience) how ***T auto protect are and am now wondering after reading about it in another post if I should take a warranty out with these guys...

http://www.bmw-warranty.co.uk/Pages/Home.aspx

I called them today and got some reasonable quotes back. I know it isnt a "proper" BMW AUC warranty but surely its better than auto protect. I just worry that if something did go wrong and I tried to claim through auto protect that I will have the same problems I had in the past with them trying to wriggle out of everything possible. I would feel much more comfortable knowing I had the BMW warranty.

Opinions pls???
      01-27-2012, 06:44 AM   #2
335tim
Second Lieutenant

Bump?
      01-27-2012, 06:51 AM   #3
Kerr
Brigadier General

Drives: 08' 335i Coupe

Do a little search and you will find lots of threads covering the subject.

Don't think you will hear many negatives.
Kerr is offline   Scotland
      01-27-2012, 06:51 AM   #4
seanblee
Captain

Drives: E92 335i SE

Send a message via MSN to seanblee
That's the standard extended warranty that BMW offer. I have comprehensive with a 100 excess and I've claimed once (for 6 injectors, 6 plugs and 6 coils) and had no issues whatsoever. The work's done by the dealer and they know about the warranty, so there's no paying out then claiming back or similar. The only thing to be aware of is that they stipulate all servicing must be done by a BMW dealer - if you take the car to an independent, the warranty is void.

seanblee is offline   United Kingdom
      01-27-2012, 06:58 AM   #5
335tim
Second Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanblee
That's the standard extended warranty that BMW offer. I have comprehensive with a £100 excess and I've claimed once (for 6 injectors, 6 plugs and 6 coils) and had no issues whatsoever. The work's done by the dealer and they know about the warranty, so there's no paying out then claiming back or similar. The only thing to be aware of is that they stipulate all servicing must be done by a BMW dealer - if you take the car to an independent, the warranty is void.
So my car has been serviced by an independent before I bought it. Does this mean I don't qualify?
      01-27-2012, 07:00 AM   #6
Ste133
Lieutenant

Drives: A diesel..

Tim, I'm in a similar situation at the moment.

See the following post that I started not long ago:
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?p=11181205

I've done plenty of reading throughout the forums and the feedback has been 'go with BMW warranty'. It makes life much easier.

I will be signing up for mine within the next month or so when my current warranty runs out..
Ste133 is offline   United Kingdom