E90Post

Bimmer Retrofit

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - California > Better Service - Peter Pan or BMWSF?

06-10-2007, 11:06 AM   #89
yemski
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2011 1M

Garage List
2011 1M Coupe  [0.00]
my experience with BMW of SF sucks, when I went to the dealership in person I guess I didn't 'look' like someone who could afford to buy a BMW and felt arrogance from the staff. No one said anything to me or asked if I needed help (funny thing is I was ready to buy that day), finally I went out to the lot to look at the cars and a SA approached me. I told him my intent on buying and the price I was willing to offer. He gave me his card and told me to email him. I did and he never responded, even after several attempts. I will never go to BMWSF for anything, I am willing to drive further to get decent service and treatment. The fact that they judge their customers shows ignorance and prejudice on their part.

I have since bought my BMW from another dealer and have referred many other friends to avoid BMWSF like the plague
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2007, 09:48 PM   #90
BMWSF
BMW Service Manager. 21 years w/BMW cars
United_States
Rep

Drives: all bmws

you are self important, and that is good for something

good luck in the future with your BMW
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2007, 11:54 PM   #91
onthereal
Registered
Rep

Drives: 750

You know, I'm new to this and I cant believe how superficial people really are these days. Are cars this important to people's lives these days? I dont have an E90 cause in a superficial way of thinking its an entry level car. But none the less I view my car as a means of transportation. Did I pay almost $100k for this car, absolutely. Think back before you bought a BMW, what did you drive? What kind of service did you get? Have you ever owned a car less then a BMW? You people are losers.

In the defense of the manager from BMW SF (which by the way always takes care of me) at least he had the balls to respond to all the negative posts. Where's Peter Pans service manager? Being a business owner myself, customers will never be happy. Do you try to do the best you can? naturally. Can BMW of San Francisco have control over the fuel pump problems? No. Can or will they ever please everyone? No. My suggestion to all of you people is a car is a car, and things are the way it is. Deal with or buy a Mercedes (junk btw, I have 3 company cars... Pure junk)

As I stated earlier, I own a company. I will not drop names, but I sell products all over the world that are known world wide. Warranty matters are not just a drop of the dime decision made by me. I have to contact manufacturer then based off their decision I have to follow the rules. Example, one of my products a customer thought it needed a software upgrade. I contacted the manufacturer. Manufacturer stated that software upgrades are not covered by warranty just cause customer wants software update. Basically what I'm saying is that there are protocols and BMW of SF and Peter Pan or actually all dealers have to follow Manufacturer protocol. Put yourself in the "middle mans position"

Wow....cant believe all of this for a car... AMAZING!!!
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2007, 02:05 AM   #92
Ray
Rep

Drives: three series

onthereal, I completely understand your perspective. You describe yourself to be well off. You own a global company (successful, I'm sure) as your source of income with a $100,000 vehicle that you simply describe as a means of transportation. I don't blame you for thinking in this context.

If I altered your perspective to degree of my relation, I can recall the value of many products or possessions that have changed as my tax bracket rose. That water gun or pair of sneakers that I worked countless overtimes for as a child are but mere possessions to me now. Today, if my shoes are damaged, I replace them with absolutely no remorse.

As you mentioned, the E90 is an entry level vehicle, which denotes a transportation mode for a first time luxury car buyer. To most, this car is their first true luxury purchase. They can't be blamed, nor looked down upon, for treasuring their most valuable material goods.

OK, a car is just a car, we understand that. We also understand that many other car owners are nonchalant about their property. Even if some cost about $100,000. We here all take pride in this car we own. So much so that we participate in this community with others that share the same interests. Some day we will all (hopefully) achieve a similar amount of success as you. Then we may truly share and understand your values. But until that day, please understand that these cars are the rewards for the success we have achieved thus far.
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2007, 09:03 AM   #93
onthereal
Registered
Rep

Drives: 750

Threethiryeye,
I understand that people take pride in their vehicles, but as a business owner seeing how two dealerships try to please us, the consumer in every way possible in their control, they both get bashed? Naturally its okay to voice opinions, but to actually name specific names of employees of this company is just not right.

Secondly, my whole thing is remember your roots and appreciate what you have and how you got there. Not everyone is fed of the silver platter their whole lives. I really feel sorry for all of you angry people, but this is directly affecting a business. Believe it or not, in my opinion BMW SF has given nothing but excellent service. Is it their fault that my car rattles? No. Is it their fault that my check engine light comes on? No Is their fault that I made the choice to buy this car? No Is it their fault that BMW designed a vehicle that has software issues? No. Is my car similar to my PC at home and a Microsoft product that continues to crash? Yes. Do I have a choice between a MAC and a PC? Yes

Just sit on the otherside of the table and think what all of you people are doing to a business that is family owned and still going...
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2007, 11:11 AM   #94
noktekniq
Colonel
Rep

Drives: e90

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWSF View Post

Car washes. We do offer a "luxury wash" by our detail department. I would be happy to waive the $50.00 charge to anyone on the E90 post. we can wash vehicles and successfully too. ( I have rotated our valet staff to improve operations)

Jeff Johnston
BMW of San Francisco
free luxury wash? does that mean bmwsf would use the correct washing material like chamoi, mf towels, blah blah blah that would not leave any swirl marks on the car? from what i have read, the carwash in bmwsf sucks because they leave so much swirls on cars that it's unacceptable!. let me know, so i may feel better driving the car in without being paranoid getting a wash
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2007, 11:21 AM   #95
shadowcoder
Captain
Greece
Rep

Drives: 2006 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by onthereal View Post
You know, I'm new to this and I cant believe how superficial people really are these days. Are cars this important to people's lives these days?
To some people they are, to others they're not. To some they mean
something more than just a mean of transportation while others don't
give 2 cents about them. But I fail to see how you got the idea that
cars are so important to people's lives from the posts in this thread.
You seem to be confusing the car enthusiasts in here who have worked
hard for their money with people who do actually consider cars to be
that important in their lives. You fall into the second category judging
from the fact that you went and bought a $100K car because if a car
was just a car to you, then a so called entry level would have been
sufficient for you.

Quote:
I dont have an E90 cause in a superficial way of thinking its an entry level car. But none the less I view my car as a means of transportation. Did I pay almost $100k for this car, absolutely. Think back before you bought a BMW, what did you drive? What kind of service did you get? Have you ever owned a car less then a BMW?
Lets see - what did I drive? A 1964 Mercedes W110 and a 1981 Mercedes
W123. The second one gave up after 1.8 million miles (yes that's a million)
while the first one is still going strong. And btw the first one apart from oil
changes and routine service (brakes, fluids etc) has never been in for
anything else. What kind of service I get you ask? The best every single
time. And with the outmost respect. Which isn't something I can say from
my personal experience with BMWSF. Not once, not twice but 3 times.
And once with their bodyshop.

Quote:
You people are losers.
And you are ignorant and immature so now take your little sand
bucket and go play elsewhere cause this is the adult playground. It's for
people who can make valid arguments, that value the opinions of others
and are being constructive. Coming here and calling people loser is childish
to say the least. Let us know if we should treat you like a 5 year old. We
can't relate to that like you do and behave but we can at least try and
accommodate you.

Quote:
In the defense of the manager from BMW SF
(which by the way always takes care of me) at least he had the balls to respond to all the negative posts. Where's Peter Pans service manager? Being
Why does it matter where Peter Pan's service manager is? The BMWSF
manager considers himself better or BMWSF service superior because he
posted in this thread and Peter Pan's hasn't? Surely not if he is a smart
guy. It just shows the extra something which now he needs to implement
and prove, back at the dealership's service department. Put your house
in order before you go judging about your neighbor's mess...

Quote:
a business owner myself, customers will never be happy. Do you try to do the best you can? naturally. Can BMW of San Francisco have control over the fuel pump problems? No. Can or will they ever please everyone? No.
It's the wrong attitude to think that in the first place. That you can't or
won't please everyone. In today's world were competition is so much
harder and businesses fight for the pennies in some cases, you are dead
if you think like that about your customers.

Quote:
My suggestion to all of you people is a car is a car, and things are the way it is.
That couldn't be further from the truth - that things are the way it is and
people should just accept it.

Quote:
Deal with or buy a Mercedes (junk btw, I have 3 company cars... Pure junk)
But of course - mercedes was waiting for you to pass judgment and
potential buyers will value your opinion.....not

As I said above, BMWSF shouldn't care what mercedes does worse and
then go and say "but look, mercedes is even worse than us and their
cars are junk". Who the hell cares? I didn't bring my mercedes to BMWSF,
I brought my E90. Show me that you can do a better job and you have
better practices and ethics.

Quote:
As I stated earlier, I own a company. I will not drop names, but I sell products all over the world that are known world wide. Warranty matters are not just a drop of the dime decision made by me. I have to contact manufacturer then based off their decision I have to follow the rules. Example, one of my products a customer thought it needed a software upgrade. I contacted the manufacturer. Manufacturer stated that software upgrades are not covered by warranty just cause customer wants software update. Basically what I'm saying is that there are protocols and BMW of SF and Peter Pan or actually all dealers have to follow Manufacturer protocol. Put yourself in the "middle mans position"

Wow....cant believe all of this for a car... AMAZING!!!
The middle man's position? You're so funny

But lets talk about the middle man. The middle man here has an attitude
problem. The middle man here doesn't treat the customers with respect,
lies to them, tries to steal their money etc. You're being confused and from
the whole thread of 5 pages or so, you chose to keep in your brain cells
only a couple of posts that mentioned about the fuel pump issues and on
that you tried to defend BMWSF

I suggest you go back and read the posts again.

We'll be here to answer any of your questions or hear your constructive
adult comments.

But be advised that if you come here again calling people losers you shall
be spanked like a 5 yeard old and sent back to your mommy
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2007, 01:53 PM   #96
Ray
Rep

Drives: three series

onthereal,
I agree. We as consumers have choices.

My company has experienced its fair share of bashing on the internet in the exact same mode as this we have here. People naturally discuss their purchasing/service experiences. Unfortunately, as we know, news of negative experiences travel exponentially faster then possitive ones. The internet has obviously increased information to a greater scale.

I also agree that privately owned retailers are not at fault for the products they did not create. They are mere representatives of the company and are responsible for the goods and services recommended by the manufacturer.

The members of this forum are discussing their experiences and eventhough some are negative, many others are possitive. There is a reason why some dealerships have a good reputation and others do not. Obviously we can not satisfy everyone, but coming close to that is pretty damn good.

A sole representative can not join a forum, rebute, and expect everything to be ok. However, they can apologize for any dissatisfaction and use the negative feedback as a tool for improvement.
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2007, 03:37 PM   #97
typeszh
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Drives: E90

Back on topic.

I got my car serviced at BMWSF for the first time and everything went very well. I luckily and appreciatively was offered a loaner car from enterprise, which was a concern for me since I needed a car while my car was in for service. I hope that this excellence in service continues as I plan on using BMWSF for all my maintenance needs.

For Jeff if he reads this, you have a good team (atleast my SA was) and I appreciate your willingness to see that the customer's are taken care of.
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2007, 10:51 PM   #98
BMWSF
BMW Service Manager. 21 years w/BMW cars
United_States
Rep

Drives: all bmws

thanks for your positive feedback.

Jeff Johnston
BMW of San Francisco
Appreciate 0