E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > BMW Coding > BMW CODING success

01-26-2012, 07:31 PM   #3719
jphughan
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 Cayman GT4

Quote:
Originally Posted by laladuo View Post
I try to coding the CIC, but read the Ecu, Ncs show DATATRANSMISSION TO INTERFACE DISTURBED, I can coding the kombi nfrm addition to cic.My daten is V41.How should I do?Update daten?
No, use a more recent cable driver, make sure Latency is set to 1, and then disable Pin 8 if necessary (that discussion has been had multiple times in this thread). Or since you have an older model you might need to use the adapter that was included with your cable -- assuming of course you bought the right cable.

Gone but not forgotten:
'11.75 M3 E92 Le Mans | Black Nov w/ Alum | 6MT (owned 5/2011 - 11/2015)
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2012, 08:30 PM   #3720
bumere90
Grozniy
United_States
Rep
Drives: Carless

Quote:
Originally Posted by jphughan View Post
No, use a more recent cable driver, make sure Latency is set to 1, and then disable Pin 8 if necessary (that discussion has been had multiple times in this thread). Or since you have an older model you might need to use the adapter that was included with your cable -- assuming of course you bought the right cable.
I agree.
You have to desolder pin 8 I think
      01-28-2012, 12:41 PM   #3721
blingman
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 3er

Is this program for coding only or can it be used as a diagnostic tool also?
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2012, 05:26 PM   #3722
laladuo
Rep
Drives: BMW E90 325i

Quote:
Latency is set to 1,Then I use the second step, so i can use the VIM.Thx.
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2012, 09:52 PM   #3723
blingman
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
No, but TRC file is overwritten when you read a module. After you read the specific module, copy the contents of the TRC file into the MAN file (clear out anything that's already in the MAN file before you paste the contents of the TRC file), make your changes there, save it, and then code. That method tends to be easier than doing a Save As and manually adding a file extension.
This was where I was stuck. I saved the TRC file as .MAN extension. When it got to the part to go into the .MAN file and to look for BC_Digital_V the file, the file was duplicate of the .TRC file and didnt have any of the settings such as BC_Digital_V there. Is the FSW_PSW.TRC file suppose to be the same as FSW_PSW.MAN or different, thats where I'm confused?
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2012, 10:03 PM   #3724
jphughan
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by laladuo View Post
I try to coding the CIC, but read the Ecu, Ncs show DATATRANSMISSION TO INTERFACE DISTURBED, I can coding the kombi nfrm addition to cic.My daten is V41.How should I do?Update daten?
Quote:
Originally Posted by blingman View Post
This was where I was stuck. I saved the TRC file as .MAN extension. When it got to the part to go into the .MAN file and to look for BC_Digital_V the file, the file was duplicate of the .TRC file and didnt have any of the settings such as BC_Digital_V there. Is the FSW_PSW.TRC file suppose to be the same as FSW_PSW.MAN or different, thats where I'm confused?
The TRC file is generated when you read a module. So let's say you want to change BC_Digital_V. First read the KOMBI module, which will dump its contents into the TRC file. Then either copy/paste that into the MAN file or save the TRC as a MAN file. Then in the MAN file, make the change you want, then code it back to the car. The TRC file always contains a trace of the last module you read (or your entire car after you first start NCS), and the MAN file should always contain the settings for the module you want to code -- so basically the TRC and MAN files should always have the settings for the same module, but whereas the TRC file has the current settings for the car, the MAN file should contain the settings you want to code into the car.

Gone but not forgotten:
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2012, 10:25 PM   #3725
blingman
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
The TRC file is generated when you read a module. So let's say you want to change BC_Digital_V. First read the KOMBI module, which will dump its contents into the TRC file. Then either copy/paste that into the MAN file or save the TRC as a MAN file. Then in the MAN file, make the change you want, then code it back to the car. The TRC file always contains a trace of the last module you read (or your entire car after you first start NCS), and the MAN file should always contain the settings for the module you want to code -- so basically the TRC and MAN files should always have the settings for the same module, but whereas the TRC file has the current settings for the car, the MAN file should contain the settings you want to code into the car.
Ahhh Thanks so much for that info. Makes a lot more sense I get it now lol. Okay so thats why I thought I was doing something wrong. The BC_Digital_V is in the Kombi thats why I couldnt find it, I looked 3-4 times just to make sure and went through the whole list just to confirm haha. Appreciate the help.
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2012, 07:33 PM   #3726
blingman
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DESI4life10 View Post
+1 with that and what grant says.

I always clear these files when working on cars. Also required when working on different platform of cars (e90 to e60 etc).

Just a proper way to do things (eliminate any risk).

Expertmode is the best way to revert a module back to default
So I just did my first coding, the digital speed and it was successful. The TRC and MAN file stayed at what was last there, when you mention keep it clean, do you mean after all the coding is done like now, I can erase all the content in the TRC and MAN file and it should be just blank? Then next time when I code something else, it will read the module and place the readings there(this is to eliminate any extra things that might not get replace and removed and cause error). Am I understanding this?
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2012, 07:46 PM   #3727
jphughan
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
So I just did my first coding, the digital speed and it was successful. The TRC and MAN file stayed at what was last there, when you mention keep it clean, do you mean after all the coding is done like now, I can erase all the content in the TRC and MAN file and it should be just blank? Then next time when I code something else, it will read the module and place the readings there(this is to eliminate any extra things that might not get replace and removed and cause error). Am I understanding this?
Correct, after you're done coding (or before you open NCS next time you want to code), it's generally a good idea to clear our both your TRC and MAN files -- partially to avoid confusion but also because I've seen NCS error out trying to talk to a car when those files still have content in them. Seems to happen mostly if I'm trying to talk to a different model than I coded last time.

Gone but not forgotten:
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2012, 09:01 PM   #3728
blingman
Lieutenant
Rep

Awesome, appreciate it! in the Excel spreadsheet, what does FRM(NFRM) mean under module, the diy said to alway pick CAS after you pick your model E89. I cant find the WL_SL_1 for corner delete in the FRM under CAS?

Also, does anyone have a more updated spreadsheet and other cool functions?
I'm assuming since a lot of these function dont have the X under my year model 2006, it does not work. I would like to have angel eyes on at all time when car is on, also angel eye on when unlocking and dim off when locking the car. Thanks! (MY 2006 N52 if it matters)
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2012, 09:21 PM   #3729
jphughan
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Awesome, appreciate it! in the Excel spreadsheet, what does FRM(NFRM) mean under module, the diy said to alway pick CAS after you pick your model E89. I cant find the WL_SL_1 for corner delete in the FRM under CAS?

Also, does anyone have a more updated spreadsheet and other cool functions?
I'm assuming since a lot of these function dont have the X under my year model 2006, it does not work. I would like to have angel eyes on at all time when car is on, also angel eye on when unlocking and dim off when locking the car. Thanks! (MY 2006 N52 if it matters)
It says FRM (NFRM) because older cars have an FRM module and newer cars have the newer version called NFRM. I'm not sure why you always have to pick CAS at that initial option, but it always seems to work so I don't really question it. If you can't find WL_SL_1 in your car it's probably because your car doesn't allow customizing the welcome lighting. Is it really that important to you not to have your corner LED flash when the car is unlocked? Usually the only thing you need for corner LED delete is to set SIDEMARKER_US (or some extended version of that name) to nicht_aktiv, which is what controls sidemarker behavior when the headlights are on. But if you don't have the WL options you probably can't set your angel eyes to come on when you unlock the car or fade out when you lock. You'd probably be looking at a hardware module if you really want that.

As far as I know, that Google Doc spreadsheet is the list that everyone keeps up to date. If the X isn't in the 2006 column it just means it hasn't been tested on that model year, not necessarily that it won't work (the spreadsheet doesn't have a convention for marking an item as "I tried it and it failed", only "It works" or "Unknown", unfortunately). I tried coding a 2006 and I don't think I was able to force the angel eyes on all the time. I definitely couldn't set them to be DRLs (that ability started somewhere in 07, I believe, and they didn't come that way from the factory until even later), but the owner actually wanted them to be permanently turned off because he was about to install aftermarket lighting. He also found out that 2006 is apparently one of the most aggravating model years to deal with in terms of aftermarket lighting....

Gone but not forgotten:

Last edited by jphughan; 01-30-2012 at 09:31 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2012, 12:10 AM   #3730
Canadian 335xi
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 335xi

Quote:
If the X isn't in the 2006 column it just means it hasn't been tested on that model year, not necessarily that it won't work (the spreadsheet doesn't have a convention for marking an item as "I tried it and it failed", only "It works" or "Unknown", unfortunately).
How about we move forward with "NO" in the box if it does not work. I think a few people should say NO too. For example, NO1, NO2 and then NO3 becomes a NO. That way it's not just 1 person that might make a mistake....?

As much as it's good to know what works, it's just as valuable to know what does not.... I'm just a reader of this (amazing) work but how about it? (Can't use an X...)
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2012, 08:57 PM   #3731
E90PAT
SOFLO CODING
Slovenia
Rep
Drives: Z4M

Hey guys what is the latest version daten files? i just downloaded v43 but upon further search im seeing people saying that v44 is out.. even v45? so whats the latest available?
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2012, 08:58 PM   #3732
onebadmofo
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90 M3

Appreciate 0
      01-31-2012, 09:08 PM   #3733
E90PAT
SOFLO CODING
Slovenia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by onebadmofo View Post
link please
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2012, 09:23 PM   #3734
E90PAT
SOFLO CODING
Slovenia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90PAT View Post
link please
oh and non of this

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...ghlight=usenet

usenet stuff, dont approve.
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2012, 11:20 PM   #3735
mortyx10
Rep
Drives: 2002 BMW 745i

Hi everyone
I am trying to code my friend's E64 but as soon as I hit back (f6) I get the following error instead of the module names.

What am I doing wrong?
Thanks in advance for helping.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-31-2012, 11:36 PM   #3736
BPMSport
United_States
Rep
Drives: Harrop M3 / F10 M5 / F82 M4

Garage List
2000 BMW M5  [0.00]
1990 BMW 735i Turbo  [0.00]
2008 BMW M3  [7.50]
2015 BMW M3  [0.00]
2015 BMW M5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mortyx10 View Post
Hi everyone
I am trying to code my friend's E64 but as soon as I hit back (f6) I get the following error instead of the module names.

What am I doing wrong?
Thanks in advance for helping.
Max drehzahl is max revolutions/speed

clear the man and trc files and try again

-----| Like us on Facebook | Instagram || Tuning Information | Remote Coding |-----
----Visit us at www.BPMSport.com - Emotion. Driven. | Toll Free: (888) 557-5133----
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2012, 05:24 AM   #3737
mortyx10
Rep
Drives: 2002 BMW 745i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Benvo View Post
Max drehzahl is max revolutions/speed

clear the man and trc files and try again

Hi Mike
Thanks for the input...will try this tomorrow
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2012, 04:14 PM   #3738
e90-ZeRo
Prone to sudden bursts of acceleration
United_States
Rep
Drives: 3-Series

I can't get inpa to recognize my car.

COM1 is assigned to "BMW USB ODB Port (COM1) "

Thiugh in the diy.pdf, i strayed away:

I got a Chinese K+ DCAN cable and when I plugged it in to my netbook, it failed to install any drivers.

In device manager, I pointed the device to look in the /ediabas/hardware/obd/usb2.0 Win XP/

Folder for drivers, it found them and they installed fine. But towards the later end of the pdf file, it told me to change port settings and I noticed that I didn't have them (Step 9b in DIY.pdf)

My problem when loading up INPA is that in the top left corner I have two flickering, small black circles. But I have no black circles for battery or ignition.

Edit:

Man, you read and read and read and you think you know enough now to try it on your own and something comes up, then you see a thread that says "LOL YOU DIDNT FOLLOW EVERYTHING -- LOOK AT ME, SUCH A USEFUL TIDBIT OF INFO!"

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=480261

haha, darn!

Edit: 2

DAMN, Still the same

Edit 3:

Okay so I realized that the programs (EDIABAS/INPA/NCSEXPER) are kinda picky so I didn't realize I HAD to put them in the C:\ (root) directory. Now that I've done that, installed the proper drivers,

I've got ONE black solid circle for BATTERY, but not for IGNITION

Edit 4:

Okay, despite not having the IGNITION black circle there, I decided to continue.

I have successfully done a sidemarker_US delete, and the digital speedo

Wow this is easy -- after 5 hours of headaches and getting frustrated, and after some poor soul learned it with less guidance than us! haha

Last edited by e90-ZeRo; 02-03-2012 at 09:09 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2012, 10:58 AM   #3739
peet
Rep
Drives: 2006 S4

Matrix of coding features?

Hi everyone, I've been doing this on the mini side for a while now and the significant other just got a 2010 335i. I'd like to code some features for her but am wondering if someone has a reference spreadsheet of what works on which models? On the mini side we have a google doc spreadsheet that shows which frame module, which coding feature and value work and have been verified by the community - anything like that exist for the e9x?

Thanks tons in advance!
Peet
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2012, 11:06 AM   #3740
jphughan
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by peet View Post
Hi everyone, I've been doing this on the mini side for a while now and the significant other just got a 2010 335i. I'd like to code some features for her but am wondering if someone has a reference spreadsheet of what works on which models? On the mini side we have a google doc spreadsheet that shows which frame module, which coding feature and value work and have been verified by the community - anything like that exist for the e9x?

Thanks tons in advance!
Peet
You mean other than the spreadsheet linked in Post #1?

Gone but not forgotten:
Appreciate 0