E90Post
 


GTB Performance
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Cobb made me look like an idiot tonite...



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      02-04-2012, 12:29 AM   #1
RnmEvo9
Lieutenant Colonel
28
Rep
1,692
Posts

 
Drives: 2007 335i
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Pembroke Pines, FL

iTrader: (2)

Angry Cobb made me look like an idiot tonite...

And yet, I am so glad that they did. Please accept my apology for derailing several threads of Cobb users posting their outstanding track times as tonite I witnessed firsthand what Stage 2+ did for my car. I only had one run tonite because I went there without a helmet like a boss. I am number 4037:

Name:  Cobb stage 2+.jpg
Views: 14101
Size:  72.5 KB

Mods are the same as before, just different tune:

Cobb Stage 2+ aggressive stock throttle
Helix FMIC
Raceland downpipes

I had 1/4 tank of good ol' Shell 93 pump gas.

Cobb please send me race gas maps, PRETTY PLEASE!!!
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2012, 12:35 AM   #2
deltalima0
Lieutenant
6
Rep
410
Posts

 
Drives: 335i
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: sc

iTrader: (1)

Welcome to the club you should be able to run 12.3 consistently on stg2+ aggressive maps.
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2012, 12:41 AM   #3
Q4P
Colonel
Q4P's Avatar
United_States
33
Rep
2,296
Posts

 
Drives: Too Much
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: World

iTrader: (0)

117 traps on pump gas with an FMIC and Dp's?? That's incredible...

What tranny do u have?
__________________
2jZ + RB26 + 4G63 + LS9 + N54 =
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2012, 12:47 AM   #4
RnmEvo9
Lieutenant Colonel
28
Rep
1,692
Posts

 
Drives: 2007 335i
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Pembroke Pines, FL

iTrader: (2)

The 12.3 is nice I will admit, but I was more ecstatic about that trap speed. I have a steptronic transmission. The car next to me was a GT500.
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2012, 12:54 AM   #5
Q4P
Colonel
Q4P's Avatar
United_States
33
Rep
2,296
Posts

 
Drives: Too Much
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: World

iTrader: (0)

weight, wheels, tires?
__________________
2jZ + RB26 + 4G63 + LS9 + N54 =
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2012, 01:04 AM   #6
skinrock
Agent Smith
skinrock's Avatar
46
Rep
2,860
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 Fusion AWD
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: The Matrix

iTrader: (9)

Garage List
2007 335i  [3.45]
Damn, that's pretty good with that 60'. Work on your launch and those will be great numbers. I think I'm going back to the track tomorrow after seeing this.
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2012, 01:06 AM   #7
RnmEvo9
Lieutenant Colonel
28
Rep
1,692
Posts

 
Drives: 2007 335i
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Pembroke Pines, FL

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Q4P View Post
weight, wheels, tires?
Stock weight, wheels and tires hence the shitty 2.1 60ft.
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2012, 03:32 AM   #8
Streetsweeper360
Banned
2
Rep
120
Posts

 
Drives: 135 I
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: ARound!

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RnmEvo9 View Post
Stock weight, wheels and tires hence the shitty 2.1 60ft.
Seems you ran the same traps as clap with less mods !! Do you believe in the Cobb stage 2 straight pump gas now,Over the jb4 map 7 with 2 types of fuels ?Or do you still think atco's twin track is the one you ran at tonight ?? I'm not a hater and congrat you.Nice run ram.
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2012, 03:41 AM   #9
nafoo
Major
nafoo's Avatar
United_States
17
Rep
1,148
Posts

 
Drives: Boosted Bimmer
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Earth

iTrader: (15)

Maybe I'm a little slow this late at night. But when you say Cobb made you look like an idiot do you mean because your time was too fast and the track didn't let you run again because you didn't bring a helmet?
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2012, 03:47 AM   #10
skinrock
Agent Smith
skinrock's Avatar
46
Rep
2,860
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 Fusion AWD
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: The Matrix

iTrader: (9)

Garage List
2007 335i  [3.45]
Quote:
Originally Posted by nafoo View Post
Maybe I'm a little slow this late at night. But when you say Cobb made you look like an idiot do you mean because your time was too fast and the track didn't let you run again because you didn't bring a helmet?
I was getting the impression he just asked too many questions instead of just trying it out.
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2012, 03:47 AM   #11
Streetsweeper360
Banned
2
Rep
120
Posts

 
Drives: 135 I
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: ARound!

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nafoo View Post
Maybe I'm a little slow this late at night. But when you say Cobb made you look like an idiot do you mean because your time was too fast and the track didn't let you run again because you didn't bring a helmet?
He tries to be funny .He made a thread a about once and said,look what your downpipes did to my car or some crap like that.I looked uP his history makes no sense to write threads tittles like that.I did give him props for the trap or more to cobb! The quick for no mods .p.s is that your car ram with all the swirl marks?
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2012, 09:03 AM   #12
RnmEvo9
Lieutenant Colonel
28
Rep
1,692
Posts

 
Drives: 2007 335i
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Pembroke Pines, FL

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nafoo View Post
Maybe I'm a little slow this late at night. But when you say Cobb made you look like an idiot do you mean because your time was too fast and the track didn't let you run again because you didn't bring a helmet?
They made me look like an idiot for doubting the results of others like in this thread:

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=594179

My dumbass starts questioning those times and trap speeds around page 3, and now I trap similarly with less mods. Way to shoot myself in the foot!

Weather was a cloudy 70 degrees last night as well. Overall I am VERY satisfied how it ran with few mods.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebigragu99 View Post
Seems you ran the same traps as clap with less mods !! Do you believe in the Cobb stage 2 straight pump gas now,Over the jb4 map 7 with 2 types of fuels ?Or do you still think atco's twin track is the one you ran at tonight ?? I'm not a hater and congrat you.Nice run ram.
I really can't argue with the results from my car just from switching. Cobb got a flawless victory over me last night.
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2012, 09:05 AM   #13
RnmEvo9
Lieutenant Colonel
28
Rep
1,692
Posts

 
Drives: 2007 335i
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Pembroke Pines, FL

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebigragu99 View Post
He tries to be funny .He made a thread a about once and said,look what your downpipes did to my car or some crap like that.I looked uP his history makes no sense to write threads tittles like that.I did give him props for the trap or more to cobb! The quick for no mods .p.s is that your car ram with all the swirl marks?
If I want to be funny, I can be. My car is SGM, not marble.
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2012, 09:57 AM   #14
mundo74
Lieutenant
7
Rep
432
Posts

 
Drives: 08' E90 335
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: P.Pines, FL

iTrader: (2)

Good traps and et. Going to pbir to test my stage 1 Cobb later this month
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2012, 10:03 AM   #15
JaSSon
Down with the N54.
JaSSon's Avatar
4
Rep
392
Posts

 
Drives: I has a E92!
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Columbus, OH

iTrader: (0)

you red lighted. :-P
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2012, 10:04 AM   #16
Beemw335
Colonel
29
Rep
2,016
Posts

 
Drives: 335i
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: My car is my home

iTrader: (2)

Log your boost, Im curious to see how much boost your running!
Great run btw
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2012, 10:27 AM   #17
KG3356MT
Second Lieutenant
KG3356MT's Avatar
United_States
3
Rep
268
Posts

 
Drives: E90 M3 DCT
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: queens,NY

iTrader: (1)

very nice Rnmevo9. Believe in Cobb.
__________________
2011 E90 M3 DCT
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2012, 10:40 AM   #18
nafoo
Major
nafoo's Avatar
United_States
17
Rep
1,148
Posts

 
Drives: Boosted Bimmer
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Earth

iTrader: (15)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RnmEvo9
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebigragu99 View Post
He tries to be funny .He made a thread a about once and said,look what your downpipes did to my car or some crap like that.I looked uP his history makes no sense to write threads tittles like that.I did give him props for the trap or more to cobb! The quick for no mods .p.s is that your car ram with all the swirl marks?
If I want to be funny, I can be. My car is SGM, not marble.
Am I the only one who saw what rnmEvo9 did with his quote? Rofl
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2012, 10:54 AM   #19
BuraQ
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
BuraQ's Avatar
United_States
63
Rep
3,202
Posts


 
Drives: 11" E92 335is
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Florida

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2011 BMW 335is  [3.03]
I was with RnmEvo9 last night, and I was right behind of him. Let me tell you something, that sh*t was epic man. I was probably more exited than him he was just shocked in disbelief that he did 12.3 @ 117 mph

He acted like he was dreaming and had to pinch himself couple of times

RnmEvo9 knew if he screwed up I was going to eat him up alive on the time LMAO

Since it was warmer last night I did 12.6 @ 109 1.9 - 60' consistently. If I had Cobb with the same 60' running Stage 2+ I am pretty sure it would have resulted in another :



All I am missing is DPs which I will get after I get another car this summer, then it will be time for Cobb tune.
__________________
BQ Tuning by WedgePerformance - Torque Junkies
400+ launches, 3 Driveshafts, No DCT Slippage, Flash Only
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2012, 10:58 AM   #20
Turkeybaster115
Banned
31
Rep
1,544
Posts

 
Drives: 335I
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Illinois

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RnmEvo9 View Post
The 12.3 is nice I will admit, but I was more ecstatic about that trap speed. I have a steptronic transmission. The car next to me was a GT500.
hey dude, first of all congrats. That's a very solid time for your car! Sorry, but I have to be completely honest with you on one thing though. Your current power output has far exceeded the limits of your trans. At this stage you need the level 10 AT tranny upgrade, done by one of our members. If you are not going to upgrade your tranny, then be smart and limit heavily your use of the car at these power levels, if you want your trans to last.
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2012, 11:17 AM   #21
KG3356MT
Second Lieutenant
KG3356MT's Avatar
United_States
3
Rep
268
Posts

 
Drives: E90 M3 DCT
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: queens,NY

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turkeybaster115 View Post
hey dude, first of all congrats. That's a very solid time for your car! Sorry, but I have to be completely honest with you on one thing though. Your current power output has far exceeded the limits of your trans. At this stage you need the level 10 AT tranny upgrade, done by one of our members. If you are not going to upgrade your tranny, then be smart and limit heavily your use of the car at these power levels, if you want your trans to last.
There are guys running what he has with meth and their transmission is ok.
__________________
2011 E90 M3 DCT
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2012, 11:22 AM   #22
Turkeybaster115
Banned
31
Rep
1,544
Posts

 
Drives: 335I
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Illinois

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG3356MT View Post
There are guys running what he has with meth and their transmission is ok.
I was just stating facts. Our 6AT has torque input limits, designated by the manufacturer (ZF).
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:50 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST