E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > Looking to buy projectors for an 08 328 xi with halogens

02-08-2012, 04:47 PM   #1
Mike1982
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 328 XI

Looking to buy projectors for an 08 328 xi with halogens

Hello I am looking to purchase projectors for my 2008 328 xi with halogen set up. Please feel free to contact me with anyone who is selling a pair. I am looking to purchase these immediately. I am new to BMW and was replacing my highbeam bulbs today with the gp thunder 8500k halogens and i must have broke something because the inside housing of the headlight is very loose and bounces around when I drive now.
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2012, 05:32 PM   #2
Alpineweiss e90
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: AW 330xi

Are you retrofitting projectors? Because oem BMW halogens don't use projectors, only the xenons do.

For projectors, check out theretrofitsource.com

If they are shaking I would bet you didn't install the bulbs correctly. The halogens don't autolevel like the xenons do, so there is no stepper motor ball joint that can disconnect.
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2012, 06:51 PM   #3
Mike1982
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 328 XI

Hey thank you for the response. Can I just buy a pair of projectors with the angel eyes and use stock halogen bulbs with it or do I need to install xenon lights with the projectors? And I think I actually broke the housing when I put the bulb in because where the bulb goes in is really lose and I can move it up and down now with my hand.
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2012, 04:50 PM   #4
Cbozz
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3

Garage List
I was shopping around for projector headlights to fit bmw with halogen headlights and I found a bunch, most of them, though, have the check mark like pattern and it doesn't look good at all. You want to look for a z-beam pattern which resambles the OEM look of projection. Now the question is where to find those..? I know Depo sells those, I purchased a pair. The ones I got unfortunately had something wrong with their pattern too tho, I could see a vertical lines splitting the illuminated area on the ground. Whoever knows the best fit for projectors with the OEM look, let me know!!
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2012, 06:26 PM   #5
LocDawgg
Captain
Rep
Drives: AW e90

You can purchase the FX projectors or the morimoto projectors should fit BMW housing as well.

These can be purchased at
Thereterofitsource.com

Of course you need ample time to retrofit these projectors in. So you would be without your headlights for awhile. You might want to purchase an extra set just for a project.

As for angel eyes, the best upgrade out there is LED angel eyes even better then halogen angel eyes that are standard.

I was originally going to retrofit projectors and led angel eyes but I ran out of time and interest.

If anyone wants to finish the project, I am currently selling e90 projector xenon headlights, and LED angel eyes. All you need is to buy the projectors you want and an hid kit (bulbs and ballasts) and retrofit everything in.

PM me for details and links to my for sale thread.
Appreciate 0