E90Post

MINHS Auto Care Center

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > DIY Guides > Carbon Fiber Interior with Clear Coated

Comment

Tutorial Tools Search this Tutorial
Carbon Fiber Interior with Clear Coated
Published by D-Raw
01-06-2012
Carbon Fiber Interior with Clear Coated

Hey guys, I think the carbon fiber vinyl wrap is a moderately easy and cheap mod to make the interior of your car look so great. I was just wondering have any of you guys tried using a clear colored spray paint and coated your interior a couple layers to give that carbon fiber a more real look to that of the actual carbon fiber panels? If so can I see some pictures
Tutorial Tools
By abhishriv on 01-24-2012, 11:05 AM
I was thinking how that would look also.. although the carbon vinyl (3M di-noc) is not exactly smooth, it would take quite a few coats to get a flat surface, along with possible sanding in between clear coats. I think the actual process would be a little more work than just spraying clearcoats onto the vinyl. Also not sure how the vinyl would react to the chemicals in the clearcoat spray...
By D-Raw on 02-11-2012, 09:47 AM
Member reviews
Difficulty [ 1 = Difficult ]
20%20%20%
Cost [ 1 = Expensive ]
20%20%20%
DIY Clarity [ 1 = Not clear ]
20%20%20%
Average 20%

it doesnt look too bad
By typemoon on 02-12-2012, 08:41 PM
do light layers and quick, over spray will make your cf wrap look black and no longer give the weave cf look
By AcExSpades on 02-13-2012, 11:41 PM
I want to do this too...
Comment