E90Post

Evolve Automotive

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > Need some help with suspension choice

02-16-2012, 07:57 PM   #1
EuroB6
Private First Class

Drives: 08 E90 335i Sport

Need some help with suspension choice

I don't post much, but I'm on the forums on a daily basis, and need some clarification. I would like to put a suspension kit on my car, no coilovers, but can't get a clear answer on ride height. I have a 2008 335i sedan with sport package. The car sits nice and low currently. In spring, I plan to mount my 19" BBS CH wheels. I would like to eliminate the wheel gap, and still have a decent ride quality. I was thinking of doing the H&R Cup kit,but I have no idea which one will give the look I am looking for, sport or touring. Also, how is the Eibach Pro Kit, with Koni shocks? I do not want a front raked look to the car. To me, that just looks ridiculous. My question is, guys with the setups, can you give me your input on ride quality and possibly post pics of your cars and suspension.
Now, I have searched and searched the forums, and I get mixed reviews and pictures of cars, one looks too low, one looks tok high, etc. I just need feedback and pics from people that have the same model and sport package as me. Thanks

Last edited by EuroB6; 02-16-2012 at 08:11 PM.
      02-16-2012, 08:25 PM   #2
rgbimmer
Private

Drives: 2011 335i Sedan, Space Gray

[quote=EuroB6;11361694]I don't post much, but I'm on the forums on a daily basis, and need some clarification. I would like to put a suspension kit on my car, no coilovers, but can't get a clear answer on ride height. I have a 2008 335i sedan with sport package. The car sits nice and low currently. In spring, I plan to mount my 19" BBS CH wheels. I would like to eliminate the wheel gap, and still have a decent ride quality. I was thinking of doing the H&R Cup kit,but I have no idea which one will give the look I am looking for, sport or touring. Also, how is the Eibach Pro Kit, with Koni shocks? I do not want a front raked look to the car. To me, that just looks ridiculous. My question is, guys with the setups, can you give me your input on ride quality and possibly post pics of your cars and suspension.
Now, I have searched and searched the forums, and I get mixed reviews and pictures of cars, one looks too low, one looks tok high, etc. I just need feedback and pics from people that have the same model and sport package as me. Thanks[/QUOT

I am just starting to read up on suspension so I don't know what I'm talking about, but you may want to consider the BMW performance suspension. It is a step up from the sport suspension yet, only lowers the car 10mm's. It sounds like you don't want the car dropped much further, but from what i gather, most packages drop the car 1/2 to 1 inch. It's fairly expensive, but might be worth looking into.
      02-16-2012, 11:25 PM   #3
EuroB6
Private First Class

Drives: 08 E90 335i Sport

Actually, it seems that the BMW perf. Is a slight drop. I wouldn't mind getting a bit lower. Basically the fenders almost touching the tire. Maybe squeezing your pinky in there. Again, I am interested in a shock/spring combo, but hoping that this will NOT give me that front rake.