E90Post

GetBMWParts

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > What happens when BMW Assist Expires?

02-17-2012, 01:17 PM   #23
DaveL
Banned

Drives: 2010 335 coupe msport

Get AAA
      02-17-2012, 01:20 PM   #24
BimmerCop
Banned

Drives: 2007 BMW 335i Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by slingxshot View Post
Hey guys. My BMW Assist will expire in about 5 months. I was wondering when it does, if I press the SOS button. Will it work? Will they respond? What happens?

Thanks!
Once it expires, the button is automatically re-routed to one of those 1-900 sex hot lines.
BimmerCop is offline   United_States
      02-17-2012, 01:25 PM   #25
Dark_Knight_335
Came to the N55 Darkside

Drives: 2011 335 E93 M-Sport

So update for those concered about emergency services. You will be fine if god forbid the worst happens. The rep said, and I quote, "there is no way we would deny you the safety and peace of mind of emergency service if something were to happen to you in your car."
Rest easy friends.
Dark_Knight_335 is offline   United_States
      02-17-2012, 02:14 PM   #26
jphughan
Brigadier General

Drives: 2011.75 M3 E92 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDeFranco1 View Post
So update for those concered about emergency services. You will be fine if god forbid the worst happens. The rep said, and I quote, "there is no way we would deny you the safety and peace of mind of emergency service if something were to happen to you in your car."
Rest easy friends.
Hmm, while that's comforting and all, but that dramatically changes the value equation of paying for the Safety plan after the free period expires. Remote Unlock is essentially useless if you have Comfort Access which makes it impossible to lock your keys in the car or trunk. Other than that sending Google Maps destinations to your car is nice but not $200/yr nice, and Stolen Vehicle Recovery is nice for an insurance break but honestly if my car is stolen I probably don't want it back. I also wonder if only crash-triggered calls would be accepted or if non-automatic SOS calls would be accepted as well, e.g. "I feel like I'm about to have a heart attack." Given that emergency still works, if I just wanted Concierge I'd find it doubly annoying that I had to pay for Safety as well just to get that.
11 M3 E92 Le Mans | Black Nov w/ Alum | 6MT | Premium 2 | Convenience | 19" | EDC | Prem Audio | Moonroof | BMW Apps | Vorshlag Adjustable Camber Plates | StopTech ST-60 380mm BBK | Castrol SRF Fluid | ModMyNav.com rear camera | OEM Euro Sunglasses Holder
jphughan is offline   United_States
      02-17-2012, 02:19 PM   #27
AddictedToBavarian
My other ride is a Bianchi Infinito

Drives: E46 M3

My friend's belt snapped leaving her stranded in her E90 so she pressed the button for help. The lady told her that her warranty has expired, couldn't help her, and forwarded her call to the local pd. That's what happens after you don't have warranty. BMW doesn't give a shit about you. Lol
AddictedToBavarian is offline   Portugal
      02-17-2012, 02:36 PM   #28
EQUANT
First Lieutenant

Drives: 320d

Quote:
Originally Posted by 328xi0wner View Post
That's what happens after you don't have warranty. BMW doesn't give a shit about you. Lol
Just buy a new BMW, d'ooh!
      02-17-2012, 02:48 PM   #29
PMCU
Private

Drives: ABM E92

Quote:
Originally Posted by 328xi0wner View Post
My friend's belt snapped leaving her stranded in her E90 so she pressed the button for help. The lady told her that her warranty has expired, couldn't help her, and forwarded her call to the local pd. That's what happens after you don't have warranty. BMW doesn't give a shit about you. Lol
What belt is this referring to?
      02-17-2012, 03:55 PM   #30
jphughan
Brigadier General

Drives: 2011.75 M3 E92 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMCU View Post
Presumably seat belt. You wouldn't want to travel without that, so if you can't buckle your seat belt you're as good as stranded.

(The only belt I think it could be is the serpentine belt. In other cars maybe timing, but in these cars that's a chain.)
11 M3 E92 Le Mans | Black Nov w/ Alum | 6MT | Premium 2 | Convenience | 19" | EDC | Prem Audio | Moonroof | BMW Apps | Vorshlag Adjustable Camber Plates | StopTech ST-60 380mm BBK | Castrol SRF Fluid | ModMyNav.com rear camera | OEM Euro Sunglasses Holder
jphughan is offline   United_States
      02-17-2012, 06:08 PM   #31
AddictedToBavarian
My other ride is a Bianchi Infinito

Drives: E46 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMCU View Post
Power steering.
AddictedToBavarian is offline   Portugal