E90Post
 


MINHS Auto Care Center
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Technical Forum > 335i Remap Advice



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      01-11-2012, 06:20 AM   #23
paapaa
Second Lieutenant
Finland
6

 
Drives: 335i AT Coupe
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Finland


Posts: 208
iTrader: (0)

Send a message via MSN to paapaa
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpina_B3_Lux View Post
Just for comparison, my first remap (Evotech) got to 399hp/560Nm. My current GIAC stage 2 is at 433hp/677Nm or 456hp/700Nm with meth.

Evolve and DMS are both very good in the UK. GIAC is also distributed through Regal Autosport. COBB would also be an alternative, considering they support European cars now.

Alpina_B3_Lux
399hp/560nm without anything else than remap? gee! thats nice i live in Finland but still many tuners here too, will have to think this.well of course i could send parts to other country but still would like to prefer local tuner if something happens.
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2012, 08:38 AM   #24
Alpina_B3_Lux
Colonel
Germany
61

 
Alpina_B3_Lux's Avatar
 
Drives: Audi R8 V10, BMW 330d E91 LCI
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Germany


Posts: 2,451
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2009 335i  [4.39]
Quote:
Originally Posted by paapaa View Post
399hp/560nm without anything else than remap? gee! thats nice i live in Finland but still many tuners here too, will have to think this.well of course i could send parts to other country but still would like to prefer local tuner if something happens.
No, that included AR Design catted downpipes and an aftermaket intercooler. With just a remap 360-380hp and 500-530Nm should be doable.

With COBB you don't need to send in anything, you can remap the car yourself via OBD. Same for Evolve, they also have a flash-at-home device.

Alpina_B3_Lux
__________________
Audi R8 V10; sold: BMW 335i
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2012, 09:29 AM   #25
paapaa
Second Lieutenant
Finland
6

 
Drives: 335i AT Coupe
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Finland


Posts: 208
iTrader: (0)

Send a message via MSN to paapaa
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpina_B3_Lux View Post
No, that included AR Design catted downpipes and an aftermaket intercooler. With just a remap 360-380hp and 500-530Nm should be doable.

With COBB you don't need to send in anything, you can remap the car yourself via OBD. Same for Evolve, they also have a flash-at-home device.

Alpina_B3_Lux
ahaa, ok. well, then i really have to look those tuners again. do you know
what of these 2 is "best". maybe i will go to 1 mile standing top end speed
05/2012 at airport, then use some of these tuners flash and same place again...then i can really compare the remap results.
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2012, 10:42 AM   #26
Alpina_B3_Lux
Colonel
Germany
61

 
Alpina_B3_Lux's Avatar
 
Drives: Audi R8 V10, BMW 330d E91 LCI
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Germany


Posts: 2,451
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2009 335i  [4.39]
Quote:
Originally Posted by paapaa View Post
ahaa, ok. well, then i really have to look those tuners again. do you know
what of these 2 is "best". maybe i will go to 1 mile standing top end speed
05/2012 at airport, then use some of these tuners flash and same place again...then i can really compare the remap results.
I don't have any personal experience with these two, but am aware of a number of users in this forum that have given positive feedback in relation to both. You can search around a bit, there are lots of threads on COBB in particular on the US side of this forum.

Alpina_B3_Lux
__________________
Audi R8 V10; sold: BMW 335i
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2012, 07:38 AM   #27
paapaa
Second Lieutenant
Finland
6

 
Drives: 335i AT Coupe
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Finland


Posts: 208
iTrader: (0)

Send a message via MSN to paapaa
mods...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpina_B3_Lux View Post
I don't have any personal experience with these two, but am aware of a number of users in this forum that have given positive feedback in relation to both. You can search around a bit, there are lots of threads on COBB in particular on the US side of this forum.

Alpina_B3_Lux
Allready ordered quad back exhaust,ETS 5.0" FMIC.
At last,found local tuner and i think i will get the jb4 + ar design catless ceramic coated DPs+meth injection. Now thinking about the yearly car inspection...with the ar catless dps...does it pass the emission test?

If i look correct, your manual handles +430hp 670nm with no problems?and no clutch/gearbox or other parts need to change?
thats impressive!!!

Last edited by paapaa; 02-24-2012 at 08:11 AM. Reason: uups you got manual :)
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2012, 09:01 AM   #28
Alpina_B3_Lux
Colonel
Germany
61

 
Alpina_B3_Lux's Avatar
 
Drives: Audi R8 V10, BMW 330d E91 LCI
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Germany


Posts: 2,451
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2009 335i  [4.39]
Quote:
Originally Posted by paapaa View Post
Allready ordered quad back exhaust,ETS 5.0" FMIC.
At last,found local tuner and i think i will get the jb4 + ar design catless ceramic coated DPs+meth injection. Now thinking about the yearly car inspection...with the ar catless dps...does it pass the emission test?
As long as you leave the secondary cats in place, the car should be able to pass emission testing. However, if you install catless downpipes, the DME will notice this and throw out a CEL (catalyst efficiency light). The JB4 suppresses this, but does not put the DME into the OBD-ready status that is needed to pass an OBD emission test. This can be achieved with the DPfix from Burger.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paapaa View Post
If i look correct, your manual handles +430hp 670nm with no problems?and no clutch/gearbox or other parts need to change?
thats impressive!!!
I've installed COBB recently and now the clutch is slipping. However, a stronger one is just being installed (ClutchMasters FX300).

Alpina_B3_Lux
__________________
Audi R8 V10; sold: BMW 335i
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2012, 09:59 AM   #29
paapaa
Second Lieutenant
Finland
6

 
Drives: 335i AT Coupe
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Finland


Posts: 208
iTrader: (0)

Send a message via MSN to paapaa
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpina_B3_Lux View Post
As long as you leave the secondary cats in place, the car should be able to pass emission testing. However, if you install catless downpipes, the DME will notice this and throw out a CEL (catalyst efficiency light). The JB4 suppresses this, but does not put the DME into the OBD-ready status that is needed to pass an OBD emission test. This can be achieved with the DPfix from Burger.

I've installed COBB recently and now the clutch is slipping. However, a stronger one is just being installed (ClutchMasters FX300).

Alpina_B3_Lux
Thanks for the info. I will keep in mind the dp fix.
http://burgertuning.com/dpfix.html

says "The JB4 tuning system includes this functionality built in so a DPFIX is not required if you are already running a JB4 Performance Tuner!"

so if i understand correctly, with JB4 no need for the add on-wires..or the wires are allready in the JB4.
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2012, 12:40 PM   #30
Alpina_B3_Lux
Colonel
Germany
61

 
Alpina_B3_Lux's Avatar
 
Drives: Audi R8 V10, BMW 330d E91 LCI
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Germany


Posts: 2,451
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2009 335i  [4.39]
Quote:
Originally Posted by paapaa View Post
Thanks for the info. I will keep in mind the dp fix.
http://burgertuning.com/dpfix.html

says "The JB4 tuning system includes this functionality built in so a DPFIX is not required if you are already running a JB4 Performance Tuner!"

so if i understand correctly, with JB4 no need for the add on-wires..or the wires are allready in the JB4.
Yes and no.

As I said, the JB4 suppresses the CEL that you would normally get when running catless DPs. However, what it doesn't do, is putting the engine management in OBD-ready status. If you don't have that status, you will not pass an OBD emissions test, as it means the engine management is not ready but is still adapting to its sensor inputs. Which it permanently does with the JB4.

If you want to achieve the OBD-ready status, you will need to install the DPfix in addition to the JB4.

Or if you want to avoid all that hassle, get a COBB Access Port - for the stage 2 maps (for which catless DPs are necessary) the catalyst fault codes are removed in the DME itself, so you don't need to add any wires at all.

Alpina_B3_Lux
__________________
Audi R8 V10; sold: BMW 335i
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2012, 11:00 PM   #31
paapaa
Second Lieutenant
Finland
6

 
Drives: 335i AT Coupe
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Finland


Posts: 208
iTrader: (0)

Send a message via MSN to paapaa
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpina_B3_Lux View Post
Yes and no.

As I said, the JB4 suppresses the CEL that you would normally get when running catless DPs. However, what it doesn't do, is putting the engine management in OBD-ready status. If you don't have that status, you will not pass an OBD emissions test, as it means the engine management is not ready but is still adapting to its sensor inputs. Which it permanently does with the JB4.

If you want to achieve the OBD-ready status, you will need to install the DPfix in addition to the JB4.

Or if you want to avoid all that hassle, get a COBB Access Port - for the stage 2 maps (for which catless DPs are necessary) the catalyst fault codes are removed in the DME itself, so you don't need to add any wires at all.

Alpina_B3_Lux
Got quick reply from cobbtuning support and very happy with all information i got.for example "the Stage 2+FMIC have an increase of over 50% when compared to stock" thats enough for me.

alltough ONLY answer regarding to emission test is a little bit open question still to me ". You will see no fault code on the dash regarding the O2 sensors.
We have also not thoroughly tested the ready status, though it is something we plan to investigate further.
" does this mean, that i can go to emission test or that ready status is not available at all?
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2012, 10:19 AM   #32
paapaa
Second Lieutenant
Finland
6

 
Drives: 335i AT Coupe
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Finland


Posts: 208
iTrader: (0)

Send a message via MSN to paapaa
after reading for hours here and there about different tuning setups...well
it got my head very messy, how the f..k i can know which is good setup and which is not so good about everything some one says that its good and some say the exact setup is not so good.

1.IF i install in a tuning shop at the same time:tune,ETS FMIC + cattless dps + intake upgrade, is the cobb accessport easiesti way?and not any special tool/modification needed...i mean i dont know if some dps have places for oem sencors and some not.

2.what would be best setup you recommed of the following:

-tune
cobb ap
jb4
procede

-intake
afe pro dry
bms dci
injen dci
stett cai

-downpipes
cp-e
active autowerke
VRSF
Agency Power
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2012, 10:43 AM   #33
zltm089
Major General
United Kingdom
90

 
zltm089's Avatar
 
Drives: 335i SE Coupe Space Grey
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: LONDON


Posts: 7,416
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2006 BMW 335i  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by paapaa View Post
after reading for hours here and there about different tuning setups...well
it got my head very messy, how the f..k i can know which is good setup and which is not so good about everything some one says that its good and some say the exact setup is not so good.

1.IF i install in a tuning shop at the same time:tune,ETS FMIC + cattless dps + intake upgrade, is the cobb accessport easiesti way?and not any special tool/modification needed...i mean i dont know if some dps have places for oem sencors and some not.

2.what would be best setup you recommed of the following:

-tune
cobb ap
jb4
procede

-intake
afe pro dry
bms dci
injen dci
stett cai

-downpipes
cp-e
active autowerke
VRSF
Agency Power
If I had the money, I would go for Cobb tune, Injen or BMS dci, AR Design downpipes, and a ETS or Forge Intercooler. As they've received good reviews across the board.
__________________

Current Car: E92 335i SE Dream Cars: AMG SL65 Black,GallardoSuperleggera, GTR 2012, Agera R, F430 Scuderia, DBS, EVO X FQ400, Lexus LFA, F10 M5, M4, GT3 RS4.0, Ferrari 458, Ferrari F12, R8 V10 plus, Jaguar F Type V8, Lamborghini LP700-4 Aventador, Chevrolet Camaro ZL1, C63 AMG Coupe Black, Vanquish 2012, Laferrari, GT3 991, McLaren 650s.
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2012, 11:43 AM   #34
paapaa
Second Lieutenant
Finland
6

 
Drives: 335i AT Coupe
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Finland


Posts: 208
iTrader: (0)

Send a message via MSN to paapaa
thanks and found out that BMS dp fix, directly connects to ecu->obd ready for reading

Last edited by paapaa; 02-28-2012 at 12:59 AM.
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2013, 03:21 PM   #35
dandog
New Member
0

 
Drives: e93 335i m sport convert 07
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: london, uk


Posts: 19
iTrader: (0)

any remapping companies we should avoid??

i am looking at bw chip tune in west london, anyone got anything to say about them??
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2013, 06:13 PM   #36
zltm089
Major General
United Kingdom
90

 
zltm089's Avatar
 
Drives: 335i SE Coupe Space Grey
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: LONDON


Posts: 7,416
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2006 BMW 335i  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by dandog View Post
any remapping companies we should avoid??

i am looking at bw chip tune in west london, anyone got anything to say about them??
Jason is a top guy. I received a very good service on the dyno day and cannot fault him at all.
__________________

Current Car: E92 335i SE Dream Cars: AMG SL65 Black,GallardoSuperleggera, GTR 2012, Agera R, F430 Scuderia, DBS, EVO X FQ400, Lexus LFA, F10 M5, M4, GT3 RS4.0, Ferrari 458, Ferrari F12, R8 V10 plus, Jaguar F Type V8, Lamborghini LP700-4 Aventador, Chevrolet Camaro ZL1, C63 AMG Coupe Black, Vanquish 2012, Laferrari, GT3 991, McLaren 650s.
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2013, 01:41 PM   #37
dandog
New Member
0

 
Drives: e93 335i m sport convert 07
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: london, uk


Posts: 19
iTrader: (0)

what was your 335i like afterwards, what specs did you get, hows your mpg afterwards
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:43 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST