E90Post

MINHS Auto Care Center

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Aftermarket angel eye headlights- Sonar

03-09-2012, 09:55 AM   #1
Triggster
First Lieutenant

Drives: 07 E90 M Sport 330D

Aftermarket angel eye headlights- Sonar

I mentioned in the DIY headlight blackout thread that I fitted after market headlights. Mart1000 and makkan00 requested some pictures. I'll posts more this weekend when it gets dusky/dark.

I purchased these from ebay second hand but they were never used. I also purchased chrome indicator bulbs since to detango the orange ones as well as white led sidelights.

Here is a comparison, the headlight to be fitted is on top.

Here is the headlight upside down. It came with wires than needed to be spliced in. Not sure why they didnt just wire them to the sidelights but its maybe for people who want to choose whether they want both angels on at the same time or even have the little leds on at all.

Here they are fitted. Im very happy with the look of them, they along with he black grills changed the look of the front of the car and made it a lot better looking.

As for the spread and beam pattern I haven't got this properly adjusted yet. Its not the easiest thing to adjust as the screws are at the back of the headlight and I dont have a size 8 head for my ratchet. The angel eyes are visible in day light but the camera had flash on so it was quite hard to see.

I might replace the dipped and full beams with Osram night breakers to give a nicer white light.

*Will post more pics soon*

Last edited by Triggster; 03-09-2012 at 10:08 AM.
Triggster is offline   United Kingdom
      03-09-2012, 10:59 AM   #2
Mart1000
Capt Slow

Drives: Leon FR Supercopa

Did they have levelling motors do you can adjust from inside car also? Thanks for posting mate I think they look better tab std halogens for sure but the beam pattern and light output concerns me.
      03-09-2012, 12:27 PM   #3
makkan00
Major General

Drives: E90

Glad to see some photos and initial quick review from you.

Looks very good from the side.
And from the front, flash has glared it.

Not being demanding, but can you kindly take some more photos with
1- Complete front (with your grill). That will give us idea, how these look on E90.
2- Also please take them on a SUNNY day so we can see how good are halo rings, and one in dull light.
3- Take your time to adjust the beam pattern and when you get appropriate findings, please share with us.

I would also like to know (as Mart asked), are these motorized adjustable from the car?

Looking good so far.
      03-09-2012, 04:25 PM   #4
Theivz
First Lieutenant

Drives: e91 320d msport business ed

wow that looks really good! very impressed
      03-09-2012, 07:59 PM   #5
Triggster
First Lieutenant

Drives: 07 E90 M Sport 330D

It seems you have to remove the motors off your old headlights if you want levelling. I didn't bother but might be a job for the future.
Triggster is offline   United Kingdom