E90Post
 


N54Tuning.com
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Great Lakes > *OFFICIAL Michigan Chat & Meet Thread*



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      03-12-2012, 03:16 PM   #155
francars
Private
United_States
1

 
francars's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 E91 MT ZSP (gone)
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Bay Area, CA


Posts: 62
iTrader: (0)

Hey guys,

I am from the West Coast in NorCal and have found an 07 E91 MT I am considering to purchase and bring back home. The car has 33k miles, had rear bumper replaced due to minor accident. I am planning to have her for a few years but am worried about rust issues. Car is I believe in Ann Arbor. So my question is anyone close that can check her out and also any suggestions on RUST?

TIA
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2012, 04:04 PM   #156
anerbe
Major
16

 
Drives: 2013 S4
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: BH, MI


Posts: 1,246
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by francars View Post
Hey guys,

I am from the West Coast in NorCal and have found an 07 E91 MT I am considering to purchase and bring back home. The car has 33k miles, had rear bumper replaced due to minor accident. I am planning to have her for a few years but am worried about rust issues. Car is I believe in Ann Arbor. So my question is anyone close that can check her out and also any suggestions on RUST?

TIA
if only a few years, don't worry about rust - there's a warranty protecting against rust that will last longer than you keep the car for.

good luck!
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2012, 04:07 PM   #157
francars
Private
United_States
1

 
francars's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 E91 MT ZSP (gone)
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Bay Area, CA


Posts: 62
iTrader: (0)

So what about fasteners, bults, exhaust, etc? Also, will this affect my resale value in 2-3 years? People I talk to get scared of North/east cars...
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2012, 04:58 PM   #158
mashimarho
BMW Genius
United_States
320

 
mashimarho's Avatar
 
Drives: e92 LCI 335i xDrive™
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Grand Rapids, michigan


Posts: 10,292
iTrader: (36)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by francars View Post
So what about fasteners, bults, exhaust, etc? Also, will this affect my resale value in 2-3 years? People I talk to get scared of North/east cars...
For the most part, you shouldn't be scared. Also take into consideration the way you take car of the car. So, after you buy it, and you take care of it... It should be okay.


I'm sure someone nearby can take a peak at it for you!!
__________________

My Progress: http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=770326
Volk///ER///BMS///KW///VRSF///ARKYM///DD///CYBA///STOPTECH///BMW Performance ///
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2012, 04:56 PM   #159
francars
Private
United_States
1

 
francars's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 E91 MT ZSP (gone)
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Bay Area, CA


Posts: 62
iTrader: (0)

Great! Anyone close to Ann Arbor area please PM me.

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2012, 05:14 PM   #160
DirtyD
Private First Class
United_States
7

 
DirtyD's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 328xi e92 Alpine White
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Berkley, Michigan


Posts: 149
iTrader: (0)

Send a message via AIM to DirtyD Send a message via MSN to DirtyD
Quote:
Originally Posted by francars
Great! Anyone close to Ann Arbor area please PM me.

Thanks
I'm about an hour away, albeit I don't know a ton about cars, or what you're looking for. But I can take a crapton of pictures..
__________________

2008328xie92
Alpine WhiteSaddle Brown
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2012, 05:51 PM   #161
francars
Private
United_States
1

 
francars's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 E91 MT ZSP (gone)
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Bay Area, CA


Posts: 62
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2008BMW328xi View Post
I'm about an hour away, albeit I don't know a ton about cars, or what you're looking for. But I can take a crapton of pictures..
I appreciate the help PM Sent
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2012, 09:57 PM   #162
J-Spec Dan
shamone
United_States
66

 
J-Spec Dan's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 330i
Join Date: May 2011
Location: C H I C A G O


Posts: 2,602
iTrader: (2)

Garage List
2006 E90 330i  [4.08]
i'm about 20 to 30min away from AA. have a link to the car?

maybe we can have an impromptu meet in AA
__________________
BMW CCA Member 483866
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2012, 10:07 PM   #163
francars
Private
United_States
1

 
francars's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 E91 MT ZSP (gone)
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Bay Area, CA


Posts: 62
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Spec Dan View Post
i'm about 20 to 30min away from AA. have a link to the car?

maybe we can have an impromptu meet in AA
Here is link - car had small accident and rear bumper was replaced. What do you guys think for price?

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...ywordsfyc=____
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2012, 10:40 PM   #164
J-Spec Dan
shamone
United_States
66

 
J-Spec Dan's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 330i
Join Date: May 2011
Location: C H I C A G O


Posts: 2,602
iTrader: (2)

Garage List
2006 E90 330i  [4.08]
Quote:
Originally Posted by francars View Post
Here is link - car had small accident and rear bumper was replaced. What do you guys think for price?

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...ywordsfyc=____
Pretty sweet car. Do you need it to be an xi? Pricing guru's will probably chime in but I'd offer 22 and go up to 23.5 or so.

and i'll take the brushed aluminum trim !!!
__________________
BMW CCA Member 483866
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2012, 02:15 AM   #165
DirtyD
Private First Class
United_States
7

 
DirtyD's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 328xi e92 Alpine White
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Berkley, Michigan


Posts: 149
iTrader: (0)

Send a message via AIM to DirtyD Send a message via MSN to DirtyD
Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Spec Dan
Quote:
Originally Posted by francars View Post
Here is link - car had small accident and rear bumper was replaced. What do you guys think for price?

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...ywordsfyc=____
Pretty sweet car. Do you need it to be an xi? Pricing guru's will probably chime in but I'd offer 22 and go up to 23.5 or so.

and i'll take the brushed aluminum trim !!!
Jspec Dan, I might be drunk but I also might be willing to meet you at this location. Lmk!
__________________

2008328xie92
Alpine WhiteSaddle Brown
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2012, 11:19 AM   #166
francars
Private
United_States
1

 
francars's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 E91 MT ZSP (gone)
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Bay Area, CA


Posts: 62
iTrader: (0)

Its pretty cool there are good samaritans still around
I am in negotiations with seller now. I am hoping to strike a deal by end of this week and send a deposit to hold car pending inspections, etc. I am planning to buy car sight unseen so will have to rely on your eyes and judgement. This is awesome!! Stay tuned
JSpecDan and 2008BMW328xi - can you pm your contact info?
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2012, 01:17 PM   #167
J-Spec Dan
shamone
United_States
66

 
J-Spec Dan's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 330i
Join Date: May 2011
Location: C H I C A G O


Posts: 2,602
iTrader: (2)

Garage List
2006 E90 330i  [4.08]
Quote:
Originally Posted by francars View Post
Its pretty cool there are good samaritans still around
I am in negotiations with seller now. I am hoping to strike a deal by end of this week and send a deposit to hold car pending inspections, etc. I am planning to buy car sight unseen so will have to rely on your eyes and judgement. This is awesome!! Stay tuned
JSpecDan and 2008BMW328xi - can you pm your contact info?
no promises that it's in awesome condition but i'll scrutinize it as if i were the one buying.
__________________
BMW CCA Member 483866
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2012, 01:49 PM   #168
Dr.GumbyM.D.
Private First Class
United_States
1

 
Dr.GumbyM.D.'s Avatar
 
Drives: 2009 328i
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Ann Arbor, MI


Posts: 150
iTrader: (0)

If you guys want an impromptu meetup in AA before/after/during checking this car out for this guy, give me a shout. I'd love to meet a few people and shoot the shit about BMWs before the other Michigan meetup in 2 weeks.

I can't really help cause I don't know much about checking out cars.

All I learned from my CPO buying experience is that now I understand what it means when you're comparing a new vs. used car. I always figured CPO was 99%, but I learned it definitely doesn't mean that... And with the CPO warranty excluding so much... I'll definitely look for private party next time.

Anyway, post up for a meetup!
__________________
2009 328i Jet Black with Dakota Brown interior - Nav, heated seats, Premium Package
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2012, 03:41 PM   #169
J-Spec Dan
shamone
United_States
66

 
J-Spec Dan's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 330i
Join Date: May 2011
Location: C H I C A G O


Posts: 2,602
iTrader: (2)

Garage List
2006 E90 330i  [4.08]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.GumbyM.D. View Post
If you guys want an impromptu meetup in AA before/after/during checking this car out for this guy, give me a shout. I'd love to meet a few people and shoot the shit about BMWs before the other Michigan meetup in 2 weeks.

...

Anyway, post up for a meetup!
i don't know AA too well but i'd be down to meet up for a bit. any recommended spots?
__________________
BMW CCA Member 483866
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2012, 06:37 PM   #170
DirtyD
Private First Class
United_States
7

 
DirtyD's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 328xi e92 Alpine White
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Berkley, Michigan


Posts: 149
iTrader: (0)

Send a message via AIM to DirtyD Send a message via MSN to DirtyD
Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Spec Dan View Post
i don't know AA too well but i'd be down to meet up for a bit. any recommended spots?
No sir, but i'm down! As long as i'm not working! We could check the car out together if we can get a good plan going, interested?
__________________

2008328xie92
Alpine WhiteSaddle Brown
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2012, 07:52 PM   #171
Dr.GumbyM.D.
Private First Class
United_States
1

 
Dr.GumbyM.D.'s Avatar
 
Drives: 2009 328i
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Ann Arbor, MI


Posts: 150
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2008BMW328xi View Post
No sir, but i'm down! As long as i'm not working! We could check the car out together if we can get a good plan going, interested?
I shot him a PM about meeting up. We'll see if we can get a group together?
__________________
2009 328i Jet Black with Dakota Brown interior - Nav, heated seats, Premium Package
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2012, 08:21 PM   #172
DirtyD
Private First Class
United_States
7

 
DirtyD's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 328xi e92 Alpine White
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Berkley, Michigan


Posts: 149
iTrader: (0)

Send a message via AIM to DirtyD Send a message via MSN to DirtyD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.GumbyM.D. View Post
I shot him a PM about meeting up. We'll see if we can get a group together?
I'm down. Been looking to get a little meet together since I joined the forum!
__________________

2008328xie92
Alpine WhiteSaddle Brown
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2012, 08:54 PM   #173
J-Spec Dan
shamone
United_States
66

 
J-Spec Dan's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 330i
Join Date: May 2011
Location: C H I C A G O


Posts: 2,602
iTrader: (2)

Garage List
2006 E90 330i  [4.08]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.GumbyM.D. View Post
I shot him a PM about meeting up. We'll see if we can get a group together?
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2008BMW328xi View Post
I'm down. Been looking to get a little meet together since I joined the forum!
I'm free Saturday afternoon but gotta be in Commerce by 6pm or so. You guys should join in on the TSE Michigan events setup by RichardG.
__________________
BMW CCA Member 483866
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2012, 09:11 PM   #174
DirtyD
Private First Class
United_States
7

 
DirtyD's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 328xi e92 Alpine White
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Berkley, Michigan


Posts: 149
iTrader: (0)

Send a message via AIM to DirtyD Send a message via MSN to DirtyD
Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Spec Dan View Post
I'm free Saturday afternoon but gotta be in Commerce by 6pm or so. You guys should join in on the TSE Michigan events setup by RichardG.
Franco said that the dealer MIGHT be able to bring the vehicle down to Detroit.. Also, what thread are those TSE Mich. Events in?
__________________

2008328xie92
Alpine WhiteSaddle Brown
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2012, 09:20 PM   #175
Dr.GumbyM.D.
Private First Class
United_States
1

 
Dr.GumbyM.D.'s Avatar
 
Drives: 2009 328i
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Ann Arbor, MI


Posts: 150
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Spec Dan View Post
I'm free Saturday afternoon but gotta be in Commerce by 6pm or so. You guys should join in on the TSE Michigan events setup by RichardG.
I'm down for whenever Saturday.

I've joined the TSE group, and am looking forward to meeting up with everyone. Maybe I'll just meet up with you then?
__________________
2009 328i Jet Black with Dakota Brown interior - Nav, heated seats, Premium Package
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2012, 11:00 AM   #176
Agent11br
Captain
United_States
16

 
Agent11br's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 335i
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Birmingham, MI


Posts: 905
iTrader: (22)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2008BMW328xi View Post
Also, what thread are those TSE Mich. Events in?
http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=657904
__________________
07 E90 335i TiAg/Black 6MT
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:01 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST