E90Post

TireRack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Florida > fuel pump failure, mods and dealer..

03-14-2012, 04:50 PM   #1
Soldier2304
Private

Drives: 2011 E90 M-Sport

fuel pump failure, mods and dealer..

OK so I have been experiencing what it seems to be the famous fuel pump failure symptoms. I get 3-5 second cranks during idle and also when the car is moving at very slow speeds 5<. I need to take the car in to the dealer, however, im a little worried at how their approach to this issue is regarding the engine mods I have.. Can they blame a fuel pump failure on my modifications although it has been a very common problem in this cars for years? Which dealer do you guys think it's better to take it that is more relaxed with modifications? South motors or Braman? Thanks for any input and any help is appreciated.
-VMR V718 Matte Black 19"-Debadged-JB4-Injen Intake-Vishnu Catless Downpipes-ST V1 Coilovers- AW calipers ///M logo-LUX H8 V3-CF Performance spoiler-Exotics Tuning Front Lip Spoiler-Gloss Black Roof- Full Interior LED-CF BMW Emblems-CF Diffuser-CF Steering Wheel Emblem-Flat Black grill-AW reflectors-15mm spacers REAR-10mm spacers FRONT-Cyba 3.8" tips (BLUE BURNT)-Blacked out taillights
      03-14-2012, 05:09 PM   #2
E90PAT
SOFLO CODING

Drives: E90 335i

Send a message via AIM to E90PAT
No dealer will tolerate aftermarket chips. Remove the mods (specially the chip), clear the codes and tell them your pump may be acting up. Dealers can and will blame any failures of the car due to aftermarket parts and refuse to fix it or void your warranty all together.

I just came back from braman on sheridan, they replaced my injectors and pump under recall with an exhaust and intake still in. When i read the reciept, it was clearly written that they couldnt talk to the car so they had to physically check the ecu box for an "unapproved aftermarket computer."

Coding services in Broward/Miami/Gainesville and surrounding areas! Ask me!
E90PAT is offline   Slovenia
      03-14-2012, 06:43 PM   #3
E90SoFlo
Banned

Drives: E90 335i

Call you SA and ask him. Use hypothetical situations
      03-14-2012, 07:31 PM   #4
jayk877
Lieutenant

Drives: 2007 335i sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90PAT View Post
No dealer will tolerate aftermarket chips. Remove the mods (specially the chip), clear the codes and tell them your pump may be acting up. Dealers can and will blame any failures of the car due to aftermarket parts and refuse to fix it or void your warranty all together.

I just came back from braman on sheridan, they replaced my injectors and pump under recall with an exhaust and intake still in. When i read the reciept, it was clearly written that they couldnt talk to the car so they had to physically check the ecu box for an "unapproved aftermarket computer."

they did that to me also...checked the ecu box...thank god i took out my jb4 but im putting downpipes on my car so i will b looking for shops that dont mind mods. i heard AA is one.

* previous cars
2007 335i e90 Jb4, downpipes, intake, magnaflow exhaust, 375+whp
2005 SRT4 big turbo built to hell.. 420+WHP in a 2700 pound car!
jayk877 is offline   United_States