E90Post
 


Mtrack
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > BMW Coding > Coding Injectors?



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      03-23-2011, 09:12 AM   #1
fisherbln
Captain
 
Drives: 2007 335i Coupe
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: USA

Posts: 857
iTrader: (1)

Coding Injectors?

I'm still waiting on my cable in the mail. In the mean time, I'm curious if anyone has been able to code injectors yet?
__________________
2007 335i SG Coupe
2009 128i AW
fisherbln is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-23-2011, 09:42 AM   #2
Dracon
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

 
Drives: 2006 330i E90
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Nashville, TN

Posts: 694
iTrader: (9)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fisherbln View Post
I'm still waiting on my cable in the mail. In the mean time, I'm curious if anyone has been able to code injectors yet?
What kind of coding are you talking about?

If the DME has options for controlling the injectors in the coding, it might be possible but I kinda doubt it.
Dracon is online now   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-23-2011, 09:56 AM   #3
fisherbln
Captain
 
Drives: 2007 335i Coupe
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: USA

Posts: 857
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dracon View Post
What kind of coding are you talking about?

If the DME has options for controlling the injectors in the coding, it might be possible but I kinda doubt it.
New injectors have to be coded when they are replaced (or moved from cylinder to cylinder for that matter). The DME needs to be programmed for a long code that is written and barcoded on each injector. You can't just replaced them and be done with it. Rumor has it that BavTech is working on adding the feature, but at present only the dealer can do it.
__________________
2007 335i SG Coupe
2009 128i AW
fisherbln is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-23-2011, 10:14 AM   #4
Dracon
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

 
Drives: 2006 330i E90
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Nashville, TN

Posts: 694
iTrader: (9)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fisherbln View Post
New injectors have to be coded when they are replaced (or moved from cylinder to cylinder for that matter). The DME needs to be programmed for a long code that is written and barcoded on each injector. You can't just replaced them and be done with it. Rumor has it that BavTech is working on adding the feature, but at present only the dealer can do it.
Ah, that makes more sense. Yes, with the cable you should be able to do that with INPA or DIS.

INPA is the diagnostics tool used by the BMW factory, it's not very user friendly but quite powerful.

DIS is the diagnostics tool used by the BMW dealerships, it's alot more user friendly and supports all diagnostics and service functions of the car.

DIS requires a little more setup because it's runs a unix based OS. There's multiple threads on other BMW forums on setting up DIS in VMWare and making it work with a USB/OBD cable.
Dracon is online now   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-23-2011, 10:28 AM   #5
fisherbln
Captain
 
Drives: 2007 335i Coupe
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: USA

Posts: 857
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dracon View Post
Ah, that makes more sense. Yes, with the cable you should be able to do that with INPA or DIS.

INPA is the diagnostics tool used by the BMW factory, it's not very user friendly but quite powerful.

DIS is the diagnostics tool used by the BMW dealerships, it's alot more user friendly and supports all diagnostics and service functions of the car.

DIS requires a little more setup because it's runs a unix based OS. There's multiple threads on other BMW forums on setting up DIS in VMWare and making it work with a USB/OBD cable.
Thank you! That shouldn't a problem, I have well over a decade of linux administration experience.
__________________
2007 335i SG Coupe
2009 128i AW
fisherbln is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-23-2011, 10:39 AM   #6
Dracon
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

 
Drives: 2006 330i E90
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Nashville, TN

Posts: 694
iTrader: (9)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fisherbln View Post
Thank you! That shouldn't a problem, I have well over a decade of linux administration experience.
Same here except mine's in the unix area (AIX, Solaris, Tru64 before HP killed it and it's predecessor Digital Unix), it's pretty easy to get setup since you'd have an understanding of networks and such.
Dracon is online now   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-09-2012, 04:59 PM   #7
zeeman335
Lieutenant
 
zeeman335's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 M3
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Massachusetts

Posts: 498
iTrader: (2)

Chek DIY forum for How to on coding injector. I did mine
__________________
zeeman335 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-10-2012, 07:29 AM   #8
M.Etreby
Private
 
Drives: Black Sapphire E90 330i
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Egypt

Posts: 60
iTrader: (0)

Can N52 engines be coded as well, on what basis would i put the new values in INPA?
__________________
M.Etreby
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."
Gloss Black Grills, 18"287 with 12mm H&R Spacers rear, and 10mm H&R Spacers front. PBx to come soon
M.Etreby is offline   Egypt
0
Reply With Quote
      03-10-2012, 10:20 AM   #9
GenePoole
Lieutenant
 
Drives: '06 E90 330i
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Brighton, IL

Posts: 536
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.Etreby View Post
Can N52 engines be coded as well, on what basis would i put the new values in INPA?
N52 is not HPFP so I wouldn't think it's even possible let alone necessary.
GenePoole is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-19-2012, 11:59 AM   #10
ctuna
Brigadier General
 
Drives: 325xi 06 wagon MT
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Santa Cruz, Ca

Posts: 3,683
iTrader: (0)

I have read the car adapts to the new injectors

Within a couple of days and the only thing the coding does it give it a base flow rate, which the computer then tweeks to were it wants it anyway based on driving conditions fuel etc etc..

Well I read/played the DIY and I guess I'm wrong the mj coding wouldn't change.

Last edited by ctuna; 03-19-2012 at 12:45 PM.
ctuna is online now  
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:43 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST