E90Post
 


TireRack
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > BMW Canada Announces Limited E90 335xi xDrive Sedan Special Edition With Power Kit



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      03-18-2012, 10:59 AM   #859
morphius909
Lieutenant
morphius909's Avatar
7
Rep
546
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 335 Xi Special Edition-JB
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Edmonton, Alberta

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by firsttimer
Quote:
Originally Posted by morphius909 View Post
245 + Shipping Is that an okay price?

Easy DIY?
It is DIY but I know a guy who works at Mini who did it for me. Couple steps you need to follow, these ones are bigger than the Xenisis plug and play because they have and extra square piece (as seen in the website) which you have to place inside the compartment. It took my friend about 30/40 minutes to get it done.

As for being a lease, I dont think changing the lights would be an issue, would it?
I think modding a leased vehicle
Is a no no.

I bought mine so no big deal.

Maybe others on here can pipe in for lease comments.
__________________


2011 335i X Drive Special Edition-Jerez Black
35% Tint All Around / 3M Rockguard / Weathertech/ PPK2 / 18&12mm Spacers/Lux H8 V3
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2012, 12:17 PM   #860
Kernel Kurtz
Lieutenant
4
Rep
419
Posts

 
Drives: '11 e90 335xi SE 6mt
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Winnipeg, Canada

iTrader: (0)

I think modding a leased vehicle
Is a no no.


Can't speak to all dealers, but generally they are OK with cosmetic things that can be easily undone (like the black grilles or winter wheels). Mechanical mods are definitely out. LEDs are kind of a modification to the electrical system - it's iffy, but I'd rather be safe than have my warranty voided.
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2012, 06:59 PM   #861
pyceasyas123
Captain
pyceasyas123's Avatar
13
Rep
834
Posts

 
Drives: 335i Sedan
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Toronto

iTrader: (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kernel Kurtz View Post
I think modding a leased vehicle
Is a no no.


Can't speak to all dealers, but generally they are OK with cosmetic things that can be easily undone (like the black grilles or winter wheels). Mechanical mods are definitely out. LEDs are kind of a modification to the electrical system - it's iffy, but I'd rather be safe than have my warranty voided.
Quote:
Originally Posted by morphius909 View Post
I think modding a leased vehicle
Is a no no.

I bought mine so no big deal.

Maybe others on here can pipe in for lease comments.
Quote:
Originally Posted by firsttimer View Post
It is DIY but I know a guy who works at Mini who did it for me. Couple steps you need to follow, these ones are bigger than the Xenisis plug and play because they have and extra square piece (as seen in the website) which you have to place inside the compartment. It took my friend about 30/40 minutes to get it done.

As for being a lease, I dont think changing the lights would be an issue, would it?
Its not a huge deal to mod a leased car. Anything aesthetic is not an issue. Angel eye lights are only going to be an issue if you have an issue with your lights...in which case remove the AE's and put back to stock before going to the dealer. Same for performance mods...stuff like JB4, air intakes, etc can all be removed when you go to the dealer...you only go to the dealer 3 times in a lease so not that big of a deal IMO. I did this with my previous e90 and never had an issue. Planning to do the same with this SE e90. Worth the bit of hassle to enjoy more of the car
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2012, 03:42 PM   #862
B Brownburry
Private First Class
Canada
2
Rep
165
Posts

 
Drives: 335xdr 2011 CAN Spec. Edition
Join Date: May 2008
Location: montréal!

iTrader: (0)

So I got partial news for my problem.

Scary news.

They removed the oil filter, and they saw a "couple of large loose metallic parts in the engine".

They have to remove the oil pan to further assess what's happening.

ON A 6300KM BRAND NEW CAR!!!!!!!

Man this sucks, I'm wondering if they would take it back!!! I'd be better off with an used M3, at least I think the engine would be more reliable!

I am really really disapointed. I took the special edition instead of waiting for an F30, cause I thought if the e90 is in its last year, all the problems should be fixed!

I'll get back to you guys with news when I get them.
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2012, 04:47 PM   #863
morphius909
Lieutenant
morphius909's Avatar
7
Rep
546
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 335 Xi Special Edition-JB
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Edmonton, Alberta

iTrader: (0)

Errr what??

Doesn't sound right.

Just wait till they get back to you with the final verdict. Hopefully not as bad as you think!!
__________________


2011 335i X Drive Special Edition-Jerez Black
35% Tint All Around / 3M Rockguard / Weathertech/ PPK2 / 18&12mm Spacers/Lux H8 V3
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2012, 05:11 PM   #864
B Brownburry
Private First Class
Canada
2
Rep
165
Posts

 
Drives: 335xdr 2011 CAN Spec. Edition
Join Date: May 2008
Location: montréal!

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by morphius909 View Post
Errr what??

Doesn't sound right.

Just wait till they get back to you with the final verdict. Hopefully not as bad as you think!!
Hope your right.

If it takes more than another day, I hope they'll lend me something like a z4 (in my dreams), the weather is really nice theses days here...almost kind of weird we're having 20 degrees today I think.
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2012, 08:25 PM   #865
firsttimer
Private
0
Rep
88
Posts

 
Drives: BMW 335
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Edmonton

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by B Brownburry View Post
So I got partial news for my problem.

Scary news.

They removed the oil filter, and they saw a "couple of large loose metallic parts in the engine".

They have to remove the oil pan to further assess what's happening.

ON A 6300KM BRAND NEW CAR!!!!!!!

Man this sucks, I'm wondering if they would take it back!!! I'd be better off with an used M3, at least I think the engine would be more reliable!

I am really really disapointed. I took the special edition instead of waiting for an F30, cause I thought if the e90 is in its last year, all the problems should be fixed!

I'll get back to you guys with news when I get them.


Wow that sucks...I just passed 4k and so far so good but now I am worried. That is extremly disappointing. I would be losing my sh#t.
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2012, 10:39 AM   #866
pyceasyas123
Captain
pyceasyas123's Avatar
13
Rep
834
Posts

 
Drives: 335i Sedan
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Toronto

iTrader: (10)

Definitely sorry to hear this. Keep us posted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by B Brownburry View Post
So I got partial news for my problem.

Scary news.

They removed the oil filter, and they saw a "couple of large loose metallic parts in the engine".

They have to remove the oil pan to further assess what's happening.

ON A 6300KM BRAND NEW CAR!!!!!!!

Man this sucks, I'm wondering if they would take it back!!! I'd be better off with an used M3, at least I think the engine would be more reliable!

I am really really disapointed. I took the special edition instead of waiting for an F30, cause I thought if the e90 is in its last year, all the problems should be fixed!

I'll get back to you guys with news when I get them.
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2012, 11:12 AM   #867
Bobby_Sardells
First Lieutenant
Bobby_Sardells's Avatar
3
Rep
349
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 335i XDrive Special Ed.
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Anyone know a good way to remove carnage on a wheel?

I got a few curb scrapes while making a right onto Avenue off st.clair, stupid curb sticks out and i gave it a slight scrape

Is there a way to buff it out or polish it or somewhere i can repair it
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2012, 02:14 PM   #868
davidkotok
First Lieutenant
3
Rep
375
Posts

 
Drives: e92 335i
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: ny/dc

iTrader: (3)

still missing the suspension components that are its downfall
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2012, 10:03 AM   #869
B Brownburry
Private First Class
Canada
2
Rep
165
Posts

 
Drives: 335xdr 2011 CAN Spec. Edition
Join Date: May 2008
Location: montréal!

iTrader: (0)

Engine Replacement!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyceasyas123 View Post
Definitely sorry to hear this. Keep us posted.
Hi guys.

Yesterday was a sad day for my ride.

The dealership called. They don't know what happened. My engine is full of metal particules. A bit larger than dust. They've sent pics and details to BMW Canada and BMW Germany.

They still don't know/or they know and won't tell me what happened.

So the solution : they have to put a brand new engine. May I recall you, my car only had 6300 KM, and I did the break-in religiously.

It is shipped from Germany of course, so it will take around three weeks for them to receive it, plus the time to install. So I calculate 4-5 weeks.

I'm waiting for the guy who sold me the car to get back to me has to what's gonna happen now....(he's back from vacation today, and It's not the same dealership that the one where the service is done).

I do not trust the car anymore. Will all be reconnected A1 !? I'll have another break-in period to do!!!!! (this time I'll just floor it right away, no way I'm keeping it after the lease).

I'll try to upload iphone pics tonight, but right now it is an open-heart surgury!

Do you think this affects my resale value? (it's a lease, but I was considering buying it afterward)...

So this is really an horrific story for me!

For five days they gave me a beige on beige freakin' malibu, yesterday I got a 128i, and today they'll hand me a x1 (at least I'll try something different and see how the 4 banger + new AT is).

I'll get back to you guys....so be careful!
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2012, 11:32 AM   #870
morphius909
Lieutenant
morphius909's Avatar
7
Rep
546
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 335 Xi Special Edition-JB
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Edmonton, Alberta

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by B Brownburry View Post
Hi guys.

Yesterday was a sad day for my ride.

The dealership called. They don't know what happened. My engine is full of metal particules. A bit larger than dust. They've sent pics and details to BMW Canada and BMW Germany.

They still don't know/or they know and won't tell me what happened.

So the solution : they have to put a brand new engine. May I recall you, my car only had 6300 KM, and I did the break-in religiously.

It is shipped from Germany of course, so it will take around three weeks for them to receive it, plus the time to install. So I calculate 4-5 weeks.

I'm waiting for the guy who sold me the car to get back to me has to what's gonna happen now....(he's back from vacation today, and It's not the same dealership that the one where the service is done).

I do not trust the car anymore. Will all be reconnected A1 !? I'll have another break-in period to do!!!!! (this time I'll just floor it right away, no way I'm keeping it after the lease).

I'll try to upload iphone pics tonight, but right now it is an open-heart surgury!

Do you think this affects my resale value? (it's a lease, but I was considering buying it afterward)...

So this is really an horrific story for me!

For five days they gave me a beige on beige freakin' malibu, yesterday I got a 128i, and today they'll hand me a x1 (at least I'll try something different and see how the 4 banger + new AT is).

I'll get back to you guys....so be careful!
OMG!!

WTF!!

Flying the flag at half mast today....
__________________


2011 335i X Drive Special Edition-Jerez Black
35% Tint All Around / 3M Rockguard / Weathertech/ PPK2 / 18&12mm Spacers/Lux H8 V3
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2012, 12:49 PM   #871
BOGONY
Enlisted Member
United_States
2
Rep
46
Posts

 
Drives: 2012 335i cab /2011 535 XI
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: NY

iTrader: (0)

I had a 1998 Boxster. Engine replaced at 6000 miles.
Porsche picked up lease payments while car was down.
I never had another problem with the car.
Yours came with a bad engine. If it is replaced correctly, your car should be fine.
Good luck
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2012, 01:01 PM   #872
B Brownburry
Private First Class
Canada
2
Rep
165
Posts

 
Drives: 335xdr 2011 CAN Spec. Edition
Join Date: May 2008
Location: montréal!

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOGONY View Post
I had a 1998 Boxster. Engine replaced at 6000 miles.
Porsche picked up lease payments while car was down.
I never had another problem with the car.
Yours came with a bad engine. If it is replaced correctly, your car should be fine.
Good luck
Hope you are right!!!
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2012, 01:04 PM   #873
pyceasyas123
Captain
pyceasyas123's Avatar
13
Rep
834
Posts

 
Drives: 335i Sedan
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Toronto

iTrader: (10)

make sure you get bmw to compensate you somehow...not just by giving you a loaner car...this is a big mistake...everyone makes mistakes (unfortunate that you are on the receiving end) but its all about how they recover...tell them that. Engine replacement doesnt mean your car is completely terrible...i wouldnt write off buying it out...

Quote:
Originally Posted by B Brownburry View Post
Hi guys.

Yesterday was a sad day for my ride.

The dealership called. They don't know what happened. My engine is full of metal particules. A bit larger than dust. They've sent pics and details to BMW Canada and BMW Germany.

They still don't know/or they know and won't tell me what happened.

So the solution : they have to put a brand new engine. May I recall you, my car only had 6300 KM, and I did the break-in religiously.

It is shipped from Germany of course, so it will take around three weeks for them to receive it, plus the time to install. So I calculate 4-5 weeks.

I'm waiting for the guy who sold me the car to get back to me has to what's gonna happen now....(he's back from vacation today, and It's not the same dealership that the one where the service is done).

I do not trust the car anymore. Will all be reconnected A1 !? I'll have another break-in period to do!!!!! (this time I'll just floor it right away, no way I'm keeping it after the lease).

I'll try to upload iphone pics tonight, but right now it is an open-heart surgury!

Do you think this affects my resale value? (it's a lease, but I was considering buying it afterward)...

So this is really an horrific story for me!

For five days they gave me a beige on beige freakin' malibu, yesterday I got a 128i, and today they'll hand me a x1 (at least I'll try something different and see how the 4 banger + new AT is).

I'll get back to you guys....so be careful!
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2012, 01:40 PM   #874
morphius909
Lieutenant
morphius909's Avatar
7
Rep
546
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 335 Xi Special Edition-JB
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Edmonton, Alberta

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyceasyas123 View Post
make sure you get bmw to compensate you somehow...not just by giving you a loaner car...this is a big mistake...everyone makes mistakes (unfortunate that you are on the receiving end) but its all about how they recover...tell them that. Engine replacement doesnt mean your car is completely terrible...i wouldnt write off buying it out...
bad engines happen. Maybe it was built on a friday afternoon, dunno.

But yeah my preference would be take the car back and get a new one, or compensate you in a big way.
__________________


2011 335i X Drive Special Edition-Jerez Black
35% Tint All Around / 3M Rockguard / Weathertech/ PPK2 / 18&12mm Spacers/Lux H8 V3
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2012, 11:18 PM   #875
Boco335iXdriveSE
Private
0
Rep
76
Posts

 
Drives: 335i Xdrive Special Edition
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Markham

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by B Brownburry View Post
Hi guys.

Yesterday was a sad day for my ride.

The dealership called. They don't know what happened. My engine is full of metal particules. A bit larger than dust. They've sent pics and details to BMW Canada and BMW Germany.

They still don't know/or they know and won't tell me what happened.

So the solution : they have to put a brand new engine. May I recall you, my car only had 6300 KM, and I did the break-in religiously.

It is shipped from Germany of course, so it will take around three weeks for them to receive it, plus the time to install. So I calculate 4-5 weeks.

I'm waiting for the guy who sold me the car to get back to me has to what's gonna happen now....(he's back from vacation today, and It's not the same dealership that the one where the service is done).

I do not trust the car anymore. Will all be reconnected A1 !? I'll have another break-in period to do!!!!! (this time I'll just floor it right away, no way I'm keeping it after the lease).

I'll try to upload iphone pics tonight, but right now it is an open-heart surgury!

Do you think this affects my resale value? (it's a lease, but I was considering buying it afterward)...

So this is really an horrific story for me!

For five days they gave me a beige on beige freakin' malibu, yesterday I got a 128i, and today they'll hand me a x1 (at least I'll try something different and see how the 4 banger + new AT is).

I'll get back to you guys....so be careful!
Sorry to hear that....I am sure the dealer will fixe it well for you.
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2012, 03:51 PM   #876
Thrash
Private First Class
Thrash's Avatar
No_Country
1
Rep
182
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 335i
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Vancouver

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boco335iXdriveSE View Post
I took my car to my BMW dealer on Saturday, as l wanted to leave my car there and pick it up on Monday, which my sales rep said is fine. This is because in am on a training for a month and not able to take any time off.
When I got there, my sales rep took me to the service supervisor (I think he is the supervisor or manager), he told me that if the reason why the service engine light's on is due to the fuel cap being not tightened enough after filling up the gas, then it'd not be under warranty and that it'd caused me a hundred and something dollar for them reset the code. I of course freaked out at this!!! As I have checked and am very sure that I have tightened the fuel cap. They said after the engine light has lit up, it will not go away even if i tighten the cap after. I am quite sure that i have e tightened the cap. Anyway, it did not take them long to check and came back to me saying that it was indeed the fuel cap was not tightened. Though they did not charge me for it at the end, but I am not sure if they are indeed telling me the truth of what the real problem was. At this point I feel much released as I have convinced myself it was the fuel cap, but how I did not tighten it enough, I have no idea.
I find it quite stupid because if the warning light is caused by the loosen fuel cap, then how stupid the system is if it can't clear the warning light when the cap is lightened up after? I asked the service supervisor why it took the system 3 days to detect a loosen fuel cap and trigger the yellow engine light, and not immediately? He said it'd sometime take 2 to 3 days to trigger the light. Really????
Although i am not familiar with the system used in the car, but I feel he was full of crap. This just what I feel......
BTW they tried that fuel thing with me...just laughed at them and told them to diagnose properly.

My engine light came on as well.... so far it has been at the dealer for 3 weeks, changed the VVT motor, didn't fix the problem, ordered a new DME from Germany, the unit arrived but I probably won't get the car back until next week...very frustrating, purchased the car in Nov. 2011.
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2012, 05:04 PM   #877
Thrash
Private First Class
Thrash's Avatar
No_Country
1
Rep
182
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 335i
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Vancouver

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by firsttimer View Post
Hey

I just got these...amazing. Pure white...the crap one they sell at BMW still leave the yellow...their called Xenesis or something...not good in my opinion.

http://www.bimmereyes.com/
What year is your car?, on mine the angels seem white... is it a noticeable difference.
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2012, 05:50 PM   #878
pyceasyas123
Captain
pyceasyas123's Avatar
13
Rep
834
Posts

 
Drives: 335i Sedan
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Toronto

iTrader: (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aig01 View Post
What year is your car?, on mine the angels seem white... is it a noticeable difference.
all SE cars are 2011. The angels are yellowish. Lux bulbs will make them more like the xenons. Very noticeable difference.
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2012, 06:01 PM   #879
Thrash
Private First Class
Thrash's Avatar
No_Country
1
Rep
182
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 335i
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Vancouver

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyceasyas123 View Post
all SE cars are 2011. The angels are yellowish. Lux bulbs will make them more like the xenons. Very noticeable difference.
Thanks, off to order the LUX...just debating on the JB4 as I still think there may be shadow codes that the dealer can see..
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2012, 06:16 PM   #880
pyceasyas123
Captain
pyceasyas123's Avatar
13
Rep
834
Posts

 
Drives: 335i Sedan
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Toronto

iTrader: (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aig01 View Post
Thanks, off to order the LUX...just debating on the JB4 as I still think there may be shadow codes that the dealer can see..
i used jb3 in my old e90 for 3 years and never had an issue...i have jb4 now and so far no problems. go for it
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:53 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST