E90Post
 


 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > For your consideration.....



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      05-29-2011, 09:36 AM   #45
SelSol
First Lieutenant
SelSol's Avatar
England
6
Rep
329
Posts

 
Drives: 335D SE
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Cambridge

iTrader: (0)

Hang on, those engel eyes look neat, I dont really like how I've got xenons but the angel eyes are traditional yellowish tinge. Can I change them out?
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2011, 04:01 AM   #46
parapaul
Colonel
parapaul's Avatar
United Kingdom
38
Rep
2,216
Posts

 
Drives: E91 330d M Sport
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Stoke on Trent

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
That looks stunning, simply stunning. Top marks, even on the yellow fogs
__________________
Just how many Yorkshire sheep can you fit inside one exhaust?
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2011, 08:09 AM   #47
Pablo Pablo
New Member
0
Rep
21
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 E90 335d
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Glasgow

iTrader: (0)

Absolutely gorgeous - congrats, NotNormal.

I'm definitely having an E92 335d next time I change.
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2011, 11:15 AM   #48
COBRAEDWARDS
Private
COBRAEDWARDS's Avatar
United Kingdom
0
Rep
59
Posts

 
Drives: E92 335D
Join Date: May 2011
Location: NEWCASTLE

iTrader: (1)

awsome! wouldn't change a thing.

Appreciate 0
      05-30-2011, 02:34 PM   #49
Tunechisback
Private
Tunechisback's Avatar
2
Rep
55
Posts

 
Drives: BMW E92 Coupe
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Hampshire

iTrader: (0)

Beautiful car mate, tastefully modded!! I kinda like the yellow fogs aswell, despite other's comments on them! Something unique.

Only thing i'd do is get some big yellow calipers and personally - if it's practical in your situation (don't live near speed bumps or whatever) i'd throw some coilovers on and get a bit more of a drop on it, not stupid but just a little more.

Great car though mate
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2012, 02:32 PM   #50
NotNormal
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
9
Rep
572
Posts

 
Drives: Audi A6 Avant 3.0TDi Quattro
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Lincolnshire

iTrader: (3)

I had afew bits done today, I was fed up of the aluminium interior trim in my E92, the door trims seem to tarnish to easy ..... So I thought about time I did something about it....

The dash :





And close up :



The door trims : ( rear quarter trims done to match also)





And the rear ash tray / vent :



I've also had the window trim wrapped in satin black, as the were becoming tarnished near the mirror section. About 6" of the trim looked like it was being rubbed through, you could see the aluminium through the black
Very bizarre, as nothing rubs against it .....

Bt here are the trims :





And close up for the people that want to see the finished quality :




I've also had my Motorsport grilles wrapped n the satin black, but the light was failing, so I didn't photo them, but they are spot on ..... Highly recommended, PW Pro, if you want anything wrapping!

Have a look at his website, he has some pictures on there of the other work he's undertaken

www.pwpro.co.uk

I have a couple of other things planned for later on in the month too .....
__________________
Always a pallbearer never a corpse....
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2012, 02:53 PM   #51
HB330i
Private
0
Rep
74
Posts

 
Drives: 2007 E92 330i
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: U.K

iTrader: (0)

How has your experiance with the eibach lowering springs been? Every time someone on the forum mentions using lowering springs people say dont do it because it gives a terrible ride and drastically reduces shock life?
Also who does your work? Im local to lincoln and looking round for someone to use ( other than main dealer) for serviceing etc. Any experiance with forrest motors?
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2012, 04:31 PM   #52
NotNormal
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
9
Rep
572
Posts

 
Drives: Audi A6 Avant 3.0TDi Quattro
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Lincolnshire

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HB330i View Post
How has your experiance with the eibach lowering springs been? Every time someone on the forum mentions using lowering springs people say dont do it because it gives a terrible ride and drastically reduces shock life?
Also who does your work? Im local to lincoln and looking round for someone to use ( other than main dealer) for serviceing etc. Any experiance with forrest motors?
Hi, the eibach's are fine tbh, a little firmer than stock, but only a little, I find that when I ran the m sport shocks, eibach springs and run flats the bound and rebound was all to cock. Changing to the non-runflat tyres has changed things allot....very compliant and well matched

Having done over 50000 miles on this setup I'm sure that damper life is fine, my car is currently on about 94,000 miles, 40000 of which were completely standard before I owned it.
Tbh, I'd not worry too much about suspension life on these springs, seems to be fine for me

Derek Forrest knows his stuff, personally, I don't use him.
If its servicing, I use Astle BMW in Grimsby, for everything els, I have my friend on the Allenby that has a garage do things
__________________
Always a pallbearer never a corpse....
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2012, 01:03 AM   #53
Yoro35i
TROll
Yoro35i's Avatar
United Kingdom
31
Rep
2,343
Posts

 
Drives: E92 335I M
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: London

iTrader: (1)

Hi, do u have the part number for the springs? I can't find the kit with 15mm f n 5mm r drop.

Thanks
__________________
MY08 E92 335i M Sport|Wrap by Surrey Project |ETS Intercooler|VSRF Dp's|BMS OCC|BMC filter|CoBB AP|EBC Yellow & Coolcarbons rear|Alpina AT Map|Michelin PSS |CF grills,CF mirror,CF Performace spoiler|LCI light|CIC controller retrofit|2014 Mods: Birds B3 Suspension kit,Project Mu pads,Afe Filter and PTF Protune & Pilot sports cups. Gone:Forged FMIC, Eisenmann Race Quad, Eisenmann Sport Dual, Duke Dynamic Diffuser. Eibach Pro springs.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2012, 02:52 AM   #54
NotNormal
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
9
Rep
572
Posts

 
Drives: Audi A6 Avant 3.0TDi Quattro
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Lincolnshire

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoro35i View Post
Hi, do u have the part number for the springs? I can't find the kit with 15mm f n 5mm r drop.

Thanks
I don't know othe part number, as far as I know it's the only eibach pro kit the offer for the 335d coupe

The 15mm and 5mm figures are the actual amount of drop they have given my car, measured from the centre of the wheel arch to the centre of the wheel
__________________
Always a pallbearer never a corpse....
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2012, 05:45 AM   #55
omaragha
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
21
Rep
1,868
Posts

 
Drives: 335i DCT E93
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Windsor, UK

iTrader: (4)

Nice car - where did you get the VMR's buddy ?
__________________
Engine Mods: JB4 G5 ISO, Wedge Flash, BMS DCI, ETS FMIC, ER CP, AR Catless DP's, BMS OCC, BMS Cowel filters & Forge DV's.
Running Gear Mods: Graphite Atomic CSL's, Birds B3 Suspension, Stoptech Grooved Rotors & Yellow Stuff pads.
Cosmetic: Performance Grill and Diffuser, Carbon Badges, Carbon Interior
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2012, 06:52 AM   #56
SeanCorky
Sparkling Graphite
SeanCorky's Avatar
United Kingdom
2
Rep
168
Posts

 
Drives: E92 335i M-Sport
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Liverpool

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
FYI, the tarnished look of the high gloss shadowline can be polished out.
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2012, 09:20 AM   #57
NotNormal
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
9
Rep
572
Posts

 
Drives: Audi A6 Avant 3.0TDi Quattro
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Lincolnshire

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by omaragha View Post
Nice car - where did you get the VMR's buddy ?
Thanks, honestly, I cannot remember exactly where I got them from, but I have a strong suspicion it was a trader on here

I'll have a scan through my receipts when I get a spare 5 mins and I'm in the office next


Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanCorky View Post
FYI, the tarnished look of the high gloss shadowline can be polished out.
not when the metal is showing underneath the black coating

It it wasn't from polishing either - not sure what caused it but the same/simmilar thing has happened on my mate 135i too
Doesn't matter now, the wrapped satin looks what I want at the moment
__________________
Always a pallbearer never a corpse....
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2012, 10:33 AM   #58
Cyprio
Captain
Cyprio's Avatar
United Kingdom
10
Rep
919
Posts

 
Drives: 2014 Audi S4 B/Edition
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Colchester. UK

iTrader: (2)

A clever idea with the window trims.
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2012, 10:56 AM   #59
NotNormal
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
9
Rep
572
Posts

 
Drives: Audi A6 Avant 3.0TDi Quattro
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Lincolnshire

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyprio View Post
A clever idea with the window trims.
Easier and cheaoper than replacing the trim for OEM

Also, if you wanted a standard finish, i.e. gloss finish, you can do this too
__________________
Always a pallbearer never a corpse....
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2012, 04:22 PM   #60
parapaul
Colonel
parapaul's Avatar
United Kingdom
38
Rep
2,216
Posts

 
Drives: E91 330d M Sport
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Stoke on Trent

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
Very impressed, looks like they've made a fantastic job of the wrapping.
__________________
Just how many Yorkshire sheep can you fit inside one exhaust?
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2012, 05:08 PM   #61
E92Dan
Captain
E92Dan's Avatar
9
Rep
646
Posts

 
Drives: 330d
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: northampton

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dxb335d View Post
Sorry mate I meant I don't like aftermarket
blue or White.

Standard yellow is far better and looks menacing.
I have to agree about the angel eyes, had a black E92 M3 behind me with yellow angels,it looked so menacing. The white lights give the car a wide eyed surprised look in my opinion.
Love the drop and spacers, very nice might have to copy
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2012, 06:39 PM   #62
omaragha
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
21
Rep
1,868
Posts

 
Drives: 335i DCT E93
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Windsor, UK

iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotNormal View Post
Thanks, honestly, I cannot remember exactly where I got them from, but I have a strong suspicion it was a trader on here

I'll have a scan through my receipts when I get a spare 5 mins and I'm in the office next


Much appreciated.
__________________
Engine Mods: JB4 G5 ISO, Wedge Flash, BMS DCI, ETS FMIC, ER CP, AR Catless DP's, BMS OCC, BMS Cowel filters & Forge DV's.
Running Gear Mods: Graphite Atomic CSL's, Birds B3 Suspension, Stoptech Grooved Rotors & Yellow Stuff pads.
Cosmetic: Performance Grill and Diffuser, Carbon Badges, Carbon Interior
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2012, 02:32 PM   #63
NotNormal
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
9
Rep
572
Posts

 
Drives: Audi A6 Avant 3.0TDi Quattro
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Lincolnshire

iTrader: (3)

Well, I thought I'd prep for the winter, and make an addition or two and swap out a couple of things.

As I wasn't happy with the LED H8 bulbs I'd previously bought, the colour wasn't what I wanted, i.e. purple tinge, and the outer rings were alittle weak in luminosity, so I bought these :



They're an H8 Creen LED bulb, emits a strong light, and gets the outer ring lit up strongly even in bright daylight.

The bulb differences - old :



The new :



And here's a picture of them on, in bright sunlight.
Not easy to capture the true colour of the bulbs, but they have a nice purple tinge to them, not LCi intense, but just nice :



With that sorted, I turned my attention to the mechanicals - over the past year the glow plugs have started to flag up as faults one by one. So I replaced them today.
The originals were Beru, but I opted to replace them with Bosch.
I prefer Bosch products, and I was alittle shocked to find they were Beru, especially when the rest of the fuel system + ignition components are Bosch.

I was crapping myself if I'm honest, after stripping back the plastics, and removing the inlet manifold, the next part I was dreading, but to my relief and surprise all six came out with ease. No snapped glow plugs or pulled threads.

Whist I had the inlet manifold off, I thought I'd swap out the swirl flaps, yes, I am aware that they're a modified design and are not a risk on my model, but I thought as I've just ticked over 110,500 miles, I'd remove them rather than risk it.
Once I removed them, I was happily surprised to see that all six were in perfect condition.
Fitted the blanking plugs :



As I do most of my work at my friends unit, handy to have cover and a full selection of tools, I've only driven the car about 10 miles, but initial impressions are good.
__________________
Always a pallbearer never a corpse....

Last edited by NotNormal; 11-28-2012 at 03:03 PM.
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2012, 02:56 AM   #64
Stanleywan1211
Enlisted Member
0
Rep
44
Posts

 
Drives: 2012 328i M sport
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Norcal

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotNormal View Post
Well, I thought I'd prep for the winter, and make an addition or two and swap out a couple of things.

As I wasn't happy with the LED H8 bulbs I'd previously bought, the colour wasn't what I wanted, i.e. purple tinge, and the outer rings were alittle weak in luminosity, so I bought these :



They're an H8 Creen LED bulb, emits a strong light, and gets the outer ring lit up strongly even in bright daylight.

The bulb differences - old :



The new :



And here's a picture of them on, in bright sunlight.
Not easy to capture the true colour of the bulbs, but they have a nice purple tinge to them, not LCi intense, but just nice :



With that sorted, I turned my attention to the mechanicals - over the past year the glow plugs have started to flag up as faults one by one. So I replaced them today.
The originals were Beru, but I opted to replace them with Bosch.
I prefer Bosch products, and I was alittle shocked to find they were Beru, especially when the rest of the fuel system + ignition components are Bosch.

I was crapping myself if I'm honest, after stripping back the plastics, and removing the inlet manifold, the next part I was dreading, but to my relief and surprise all six came out with ease. No snapped glow plugs or pulled threads.

Whist I had the inlet manifold off, I thought I'd swap out the swirl flaps, yes, I am aware that they're a modified design and are not a risk on my model, but I thought as I've just ticked over 110,500 miles, I'd remove them rather than risk it.
Once I removed them, I was happily surprised to see that all six were in perfect condition.
Fitted the blanking plugs :



As I do most of my work at my friends unit, handy to have cover and a full selection of tools, I've only driven the car about 10 miles, but initial impressions are good.
What year is your car? I have the 2012 e92 and the ring is white and its fairly bright even in day time to me, but it is very nice to change it into purple or any other color, did you just bought a LED bulb in purple etc. do you mind telling me how you do that?
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2012, 05:21 AM   #65
stabmacho90
Private First Class
2
Rep
176
Posts

 
Drives: BMW 320i 2005 55 plate black
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: London

iTrader: (0)

Niceeeee!!! Are those real velocity vb3 wheels from the states??
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2012, 05:26 AM   #66
NotNormal
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
9
Rep
572
Posts

 
Drives: Audi A6 Avant 3.0TDi Quattro
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Lincolnshire

iTrader: (3)

Stanley, your car is different to mine - mines a pre-lci, thus I have H8 bulbs x2, one in each headlamp unit. Your car has 4 LED, one in each ring.

The early uk lci coupes light colour has a purple tinge, much like my car now.

Changing your LED's will be much more complex and involved.

Personally, if i had your car I'd leave them as they are as they will have 4 perfectly illuminated rings, my main issue was the outer rings weren't bright enough in day light, the colour change was a bonus

Hope this helps

Tom
__________________
Always a pallbearer never a corpse....
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:39 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST