E90Post
 


TNT Racewerks
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > All-Wheel-Drive (Xi / xDrive) Talk > Little wheel help please



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      04-02-2012, 11:16 AM   #1
prairieoyster
Private
 
Drives: 2011 335xi SE
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Regina, the city that rhymes with fun.

Posts: 68
iTrader: (3)

Little wheel help please

I've spent about 10 days searching, and I still don't feel comfortable placing this order.

2011 335xi sedan, stock suspension, no drop.

Wheels specifically are:

Morr VS8.2

19 x 8.5 ET35 with 235/35
19 x 10 ET36 with 275/30

I'm concerned about the rears. Looks to be about 10mm less room on the strut side. To me it "looks" like it will be fine.

Will it?

Again, no drop, stock suspension.

Thanks.
prairieoyster is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      04-02-2012, 11:30 AM   #2
bimmerlicious
Enlisted Member
 
bimmerlicious's Avatar
 
Drives: 08 E92 335xi
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Canada, AB

Posts: 49
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by prairieoyster View Post
I've spent about 10 days searching, and I still don't feel comfortable placing this order.

2011 335xi sedan, stock suspension, no drop.

Wheels specifically are:

Morr VS8.2

19 x 8.5 ET35 with 235/35
19 x 10 ET36 with 275/30

I'm concerned about the rears. Looks to be about 10mm less room on the strut side. To me it "looks" like it will be fine.

Will it?

Again, no drop, stock suspension.

Thanks.
Should be fine on stock height, my friend is running similar setup on his 2010 e90 i believe his rear off set is 19 x 10 38mm 275/30.. i am sure that 2mm won't make a huge difference.
bimmerlicious is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-02-2012, 12:33 PM   #3
SilverEmu
Private First Class
 
SilverEmu's Avatar
 
Drives: '11 335i xDrive SE
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: ON

Posts: 124
iTrader: (0)

From your id, your probably have the ruby black w/oyster.....

I had the exact same setup you are contemplating on my '10 335i. My tires were Continental ExtremeContact DW - they have a slightly rounder sidewall profile and they fit just great. See here:

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=595212

Keep in mind that not all 275s are created equal. A tire with a more square sidewall profile (like Bridgestone RE-11 or Michelin PSS) will be different, but I don't think you will have problems.
SilverEmu is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      04-02-2012, 12:47 PM   #4
prairieoyster
Private
 
Drives: 2011 335xi SE
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Regina, the city that rhymes with fun.

Posts: 68
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverEmu View Post
From your id, your probably have the ruby black w/oyster.....

I had the exact same setup you are contemplating on my '10 335i. My tires were Continental ExtremeContact DW - they have a slightly rounder sidewall profile and they fit just great. See here:

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=595212

Keep in mind that not all 275s are created equal. A tire with a more square sidewall profile (like Bridgestone RE-11 or Michelin PSS) will be different, but I don't think you will have problems.
BINGO! Apparently my search skills are not as fine tuned as I thought. That is exactly what I was looking for. And that is exactly the wheel, Smoked Titanium. Thanks for finally sealing the deal for me!

Oh, and my id....I never even made that connection believe it or not. Would have been good though if I did have the ruby black/oyster. But I have Jerez Black. Not sure what I was thinking when I came put with that handle.
prairieoyster is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      04-02-2012, 04:29 PM   #5
MORRWheels
 
MORRWheels's Avatar
 
Drives: BMWs
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: USA

Posts: 1,714
iTrader: (1)

Send a message via AIM to MORRWheels
No worries, you will have no issues at all! We have done tons of XI's with those specs, and all have been fine. Any questions at all, you know where to find us
__________________

W: morrwheels.com | E: sales@morrwheels.com | O: 877.947.6677
THE INDUSTRY'S BEST KEPT SECRET

Last edited by MORRWheels; 04-02-2012 at 04:53 PM.
MORRWheels is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-02-2012, 04:51 PM   #6
prairieoyster
Private
 
Drives: 2011 335xi SE
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Regina, the city that rhymes with fun.

Posts: 68
iTrader: (3)

Outstanding! Thank you for the confirmation. I just ordered them.

It's gonna be a loooong 4-6 weeks, but I'm betting it'll be worth the wait!
prairieoyster is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      04-02-2012, 07:58 PM   #7
Andy@MORR
Lieutenant
 
Andy@MORR's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Doral, FL

Posts: 509
iTrader: (-1)

Great!! It'll be worth the wait when you open those boxes - trust me

Quote:
Originally Posted by prairieoyster View Post
Outstanding! Thank you for the confirmation. I just ordered them.

It's gonna be a loooong 4-6 weeks, but I'm betting it'll be worth the wait!
__________________

W: morrwheels.com | E: andy@morrwheels.com | O: 877.947.6677
THE INDUSTRY'S BEST KEPT SECRET
Andy@MORR is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:14 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST