E90Post

TireRack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Southwest > Spring Install DFW - Need Recommendations...

03-27-2012, 11:48 PM   #1
texas347
Private

Drives: 2008 E90 335I

Spring Install DFW - Need Recommendations...

I was about to start putting them in myself but am now considering having it done. Or, Option #2 would be to pay someone who has done this a number of times and who knows the shortcuts to do it with me so I get the experience. I have a nice garage and all the tools - including impacts, etc. I'm not afraid to tackle this but I've seen it take anywhere from 2 hours to 2 days which has me a bit concerned!

Any shop recommendations?? ( I searched and just PM'd Lonestar22 and I will be calling Concept Racing ). ProTuning in Ft. Worth is booked this week. I want this done asap - ideally before the weekend or on Saturday at the latest.

Thanks !!
texas347 is offline   United_States
      03-28-2012, 08:45 AM   #2
Turboboi562
Register

Drives: E92

E-mail me. Onetightagent@gmail.com i know someone thats very cheap.
Turboboi562 is offline   United_States
      03-28-2012, 09:56 AM   #3
BlackBB6
Lieutenant

Drives: E92 335i 6MT

Garage List
What color car do you have? Just curious, I work out in Westlake so I am always driving through Trophy Club.

Cobb in plano might not be the cheapest or closest option but I would trust them to do it right. They did my fender roll for not much more than other shops, they were able to see me pretty quickly too if you want to check them out.
BlackBB6 is offline   United_States
      03-29-2012, 10:24 PM   #4
texas347
Private

I did locate a place - Evolution Dynamics will be installing them tomorrow. Thanks everyone for the PM's. Much appreciated. They guys their gave me a great price and they were able to do it this week.

BlackBB6 - I have a titanium silver E90. It looked stock until today! I put on a set of gunmetal Forgestar F14's earlier. I'll get some pics up after the springs are on. Your car looks great by the way. I love that color combo.
      04-02-2012, 02:07 PM   #5
swift

Drives: 2009 335i E90

How'd the install go? What springs did you go with and what's it look like now? I'll be looking for a shop to do mine soon.
      04-02-2012, 06:01 PM   #6
texas347
Private

I went to Evolution Dynamics and Kevin installed them. I could not be any happier. He was done in no time and there were zero issues. Stellar Experience with Evo Dynamics. I will go back. He is a previous 335 owner so even though his focus is EVO's he still likes the 335's and knows them well.

As for the springs, after much deliberation, I went with B&G. They ended up being perfect. Car is still settling but the drop is ideal for me. The fenders are just above the tops of tires. Not even a finger width gap. Ride quality is good. The car does feel more controlled and the rebound is improved over stock. I kept the stock shocks for now with the intention of upgrading those later or doing coils. For now, I am really happy though.

I'll get some pics posted. I just put on Forgestar F14's in gunmetal along with new tires. Once I get a chance, I'll post some photos.
      04-02-2012, 08:39 PM   #7
Imperator
Major

Drives: 2010 E92 335i

Nice! Looks like you got Facebook'd:

How long did they take? Do they have an alignment rack on-site?

My family lives in Trophy Club and I'm out there a couple times a month.
Imperator is offline   United_States