E90Post
 


N54Tuning.com
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Canada > 2012 Track Events (Québec, Ontario & North East USA)



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      03-16-2012, 01:00 PM   #89
Tonybest
Enrollment Officer
Tonybest's Avatar
Canada
61
Rep
4,931
Posts

 
Drives: 997.2 Porsche C4S
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Montreal, Qc.

iTrader: (1)

There is a small group of track junkies from the Montreal area who are interested in VIR in Sep 22 - 24. This trip might just happen. We could book a Villa right at the track... to save on lodging & food costs.
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2012, 05:42 PM   #90
montreal red
chris
montreal red's Avatar
Canada
146
Rep
12,127
Posts

 
Drives: White Boat
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Toronto

iTrader: (31)

Send a message via MSN to montreal red
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonybest View Post
There is a small group of track junkies from the Montreal area who are interested in VIR in Sep 22 - 24. This trip might just happen. We could book a Villa right at the track... to save on lodging & food costs.
i am one of them!

let me know if this trip is going to happen. it will certainly change my plans for other track days. need to manage my track limited track budget for this year.
__________________

Current: 2013 F10 M5 & 2013 GLK350
997.1 GT3RS (gone)
2009 WRX STI (gone)
e92 M3 (gone)
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2012, 02:20 PM   #91
Tonybest
Enrollment Officer
Tonybest's Avatar
Canada
61
Rep
4,931
Posts

 
Drives: 997.2 Porsche C4S
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Montreal, Qc.

iTrader: (1)

So I sent my docs to Viper/Bimmershop Signed up for Friday May 11th. Still a long time to wait before my first event.

Next event to sign up for is Trillium at Mosport June 1 - 2 - 3

Looks like I am not doing any BMW Quebec club events this year...


And Chris, I am yes for sure (VIR) as long as Joel comes since he would be transporting my track wheels. Still waiting for his definitive track schedule.
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2012, 04:53 PM   #92
kenneth
Major General
kenneth's Avatar
Canada
88
Rep
8,674
Posts

 
Drives: 335i Sedan
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Montreal

iTrader: (16)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonybest View Post
So I sent my docs to Viper/Bimmershop Signed up for Friday May 11th. Still a long time to wait before my first event.

Next event to sign up for is Trillium at Mosport June 1 - 2 - 3

Looks like I am not doing any BMW Quebec club events this year...


And Chris, I am yes for sure (VIR) as long as Joel comes since he would be transporting my track wheels. Still waiting for his definitive track schedule.
That's the only one we'll do together this year!
__________________
SB, Terra, 6MT. Only a few mods here and there.....nothing extreme!
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2012, 11:06 PM   #93
montreal red
chris
montreal red's Avatar
Canada
146
Rep
12,127
Posts

 
Drives: White Boat
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Toronto

iTrader: (31)

Send a message via MSN to montreal red
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonybest View Post
So I sent my docs to Viper/Bimmershop Signed up for Friday May 11th. Still a long time to wait before my first event.

Next event to sign up for is Trillium at Mosport June 1 - 2 - 3

Looks like I am not doing any BMW Quebec club events this year...


And Chris, I am yes for sure (VIR) as long as Joel comes since he would be transporting my track wheels. Still waiting for his definitive track schedule.
no bmw QC ?? i thought you were doing their tremblant event in aug?
__________________

Current: 2013 F10 M5 & 2013 GLK350
997.1 GT3RS (gone)
2009 WRX STI (gone)
e92 M3 (gone)
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2012, 08:54 AM   #94
Tonybest
Enrollment Officer
Tonybest's Avatar
Canada
61
Rep
4,931
Posts

 
Drives: 997.2 Porsche C4S
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Montreal, Qc.

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenneth View Post
That's the only one we'll do together this year!
I will seriously miss you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal red View Post
no bmw QC ?? i thought you were doing their tremblant event in aug?
Well it's a Mon and Tues event in August... So I will probably sign up for Calabogie with PCA the Sat - Sun just before. Less days out of the office.

Probably make it a 3 day event with Friday being a Viper event at Calabogie.
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2012, 08:59 AM   #95
Tonybest
Enrollment Officer
Tonybest's Avatar
Canada
61
Rep
4,931
Posts

 
Drives: 997.2 Porsche C4S
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Montreal, Qc.

iTrader: (1)

So this morning I dropped off my winter tires mounted on OEM wheels at Talon. They will switch to my new dunlops direzzas SS Z1 .
Next step. Finish the old SS Z1s that are on the OZ wheels (1 event left) and then mount a new set of R888 on the OZs.

Summer daily driving wheels are on the M. Did that yesterday evening.

I need to sell my huge Blizzaks now... they have less than 200 kms on them. 225/45/18 and 255/40/18

860 brand new in the US... 600$ ?
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2012, 11:32 AM   #96
Tonybest
Enrollment Officer
Tonybest's Avatar
Canada
61
Rep
4,931
Posts

 
Drives: 997.2 Porsche C4S
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Montreal, Qc.

iTrader: (1)

NT01 or R888?
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2012, 11:11 AM   #97
Tonybest
Enrollment Officer
Tonybest's Avatar
Canada
61
Rep
4,931
Posts

 
Drives: 997.2 Porsche C4S
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Montreal, Qc.

iTrader: (1)

Added June 8th event at ICAR with Viperclub.

Also Viperclub says they have an event at Mosport the 8th of October... maybe they are doing it with ASE (?)
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2012, 06:08 PM   #98
jgalaxy
Gearing
jgalaxy's Avatar
Canada
40
Rep
3,799
Posts

 
Drives: E46 M3
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Montreal

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonybest View Post
NT01 or R888?
NT01 last a little longer. Ran them both last year. NT01s are also less expensive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonybest View Post
Added June 8th event at ICAR with Viperclub.

Also Viperclub says they have an event at Mosport the 8th of October... maybe they are doing it with ASE (?)
They bought some spots from ASE. That is one I would like to be at. Weather permitting.
__________________
"Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking
about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we." - George W

Appreciate 0
      03-22-2012, 06:15 PM   #99
Tonybest
Enrollment Officer
Tonybest's Avatar
Canada
61
Rep
4,931
Posts

 
Drives: 997.2 Porsche C4S
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Montreal, Qc.

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgalaxy View Post
NT01 last a little longer. Ran them both last year. NT01s are also less expensive.

They bought some spots from ASE. That is one I would like to be at. Weather permitting.
IMHO... too long a drive for a 1-day event
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2012, 10:56 AM   #100
Tonybest
Enrollment Officer
Tonybest's Avatar
Canada
61
Rep
4,931
Posts

 
Drives: 997.2 Porsche C4S
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Montreal, Qc.

iTrader: (1)

So I am confirmed for Viperclub on May 11th. Many of us going... yeah.
PhoenixCMR at the Glen in June and July: booked
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2012, 12:16 PM   #101
Tonybest
Enrollment Officer
Tonybest's Avatar
Canada
61
Rep
4,931
Posts

 
Drives: 997.2 Porsche C4S
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Montreal, Qc.

iTrader: (1)

also booked August Patroon/Ottawa at CMP all 3 days.
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2012, 07:53 AM   #102
kenneth
Major General
kenneth's Avatar
Canada
88
Rep
8,674
Posts

 
Drives: 335i Sedan
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Montreal

iTrader: (16)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonybest View Post
So I am confirmed for Viperclub on May 11th. Many of us going... yeah.
PhoenixCMR at the Glen in June and July: booked
Besides you and I, who is going May 11?
__________________
SB, Terra, 6MT. Only a few mods here and there.....nothing extreme!
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2012, 09:25 AM   #103
Tonybest
Enrollment Officer
Tonybest's Avatar
Canada
61
Rep
4,931
Posts

 
Drives: 997.2 Porsche C4S
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Montreal, Qc.

iTrader: (1)

Joel, you, I... +?
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2012, 05:06 PM   #104
jgalaxy
Gearing
jgalaxy's Avatar
Canada
40
Rep
3,799
Posts

 
Drives: E46 M3
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Montreal

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonybest View Post
Joel, you, I... +?
So far I've payed up for the two CMR events, 3 Viperclub (2 LCMT and 1 CMP), and the AISA session at CMP in May.

I've pretty much struck out on the used trailer market and am now frantically trying to order a new one in time for early May.
__________________
"Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking
about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we." - George W

Appreciate 0
      04-01-2012, 06:21 PM   #105
montreal red
chris
montreal red's Avatar
Canada
146
Rep
12,127
Posts

 
Drives: White Boat
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Toronto

iTrader: (31)

Send a message via MSN to montreal red
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonybest View Post
So this morning I dropped off my winter tires mounted on OEM wheels at Talon. They will switch to my new dunlops direzzas SS Z1 .
Next step. Finish the old SS Z1s that are on the OZ wheels (1 event left) and then mount a new set of R888 on the OZs.

Summer daily driving wheels are on the M. Did that yesterday evening.

I need to sell my huge Blizzaks now... they have less than 200 kms on them. 225/45/18 and 255/40/18

860 brand new in the US... 600$ ?
you're selling the blizzaks huh? guess u'll have to hang on to them till next winter. unless u sell them for really cheap.
__________________

Current: 2013 F10 M5 & 2013 GLK350
997.1 GT3RS (gone)
2009 WRX STI (gone)
e92 M3 (gone)
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2012, 09:06 AM   #106
Tonybest
Enrollment Officer
Tonybest's Avatar
Canada
61
Rep
4,931
Posts

 
Drives: 997.2 Porsche C4S
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Montreal, Qc.

iTrader: (1)

Going to Canbec April 17th for Inspection I. They will check my valve adjustments plus an overall checkup.

I will attempt to install my track brake pads by myself on the weekend of the 28 - 29th of April... first event the following weekend at CMP.
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2012, 07:10 PM   #107
jgalaxy
Gearing
jgalaxy's Avatar
Canada
40
Rep
3,799
Posts

 
Drives: E46 M3
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Montreal

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonybest View Post
Going to Canbec April 17th for Inspection I. They will check my valve adjustments plus an overall checkup.

I will attempt to install my track brake pads by myself on the weekend of the 28 - 29th of April... first event the following weekend at CMP.
Have them inspect the Vanos exhaust tabs, bolts, and solenoid for signs of failure. Number one engine issue on the S54. I will be removing mine and replacing with the VAC Vanos delete next year.

Valve adjustment for us track guys on the S54 should be done at least once per year.
__________________
"Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking
about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we." - George W

Appreciate 0
      04-11-2012, 06:52 AM   #108
Tonybest
Enrollment Officer
Tonybest's Avatar
Canada
61
Rep
4,931
Posts

 
Drives: 997.2 Porsche C4S
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Montreal, Qc.

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgalaxy View Post
Have them inspect the Vanos exhaust tabs, bolts, and solenoid for signs of failure. Number one engine issue on the S54. I will be removing mine and replacing with the VAC Vanos delete next year.

Valve adjustment for us track guys on the S54 should be done at least once per year.
I'll make sure to mention all that... thanks
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2012, 06:53 AM   #109
Tonybest
Enrollment Officer
Tonybest's Avatar
Canada
61
Rep
4,931
Posts

 
Drives: 997.2 Porsche C4S
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Montreal, Qc.

iTrader: (1)

Just checked online... registration for VIR in Sept and for Mosport June 1 through the 3rd is still closed...
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2012, 10:32 PM   #110
jgalaxy
Gearing
jgalaxy's Avatar
Canada
40
Rep
3,799
Posts

 
Drives: E46 M3
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Montreal

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonybest View Post
Just checked online... registration for VIR in Sept and for Mosport June 1 through the 3rd is still closed...
Thanks. As an aside, I'll likely drop by this weekend to drive the car back home directly. No trailer detail this time. I may need a hand getting out the front door like last time. I'll bring the wood. You in this weekend?
__________________
"Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking
about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we." - George W

Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:44 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST