E90Post
 


Bimmertech
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N57 / M57 Turbo Diesel Discussions - 335d > 335D - DPF Removed + Exhaust + IC + Some stg3 software



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      04-10-2012, 04:04 PM   #23
cssnms
Brigadier General
 
cssnms's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 BMW 335d
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Murland

Posts: 3,182
iTrader: (4)

Thank you for the mad translation skills or was that written in your native language? In either case thank you. I wish I could read/speak more than one language "Hola" and "gracias" that's all I got.

Does he mention where he got it? I also e-mailed vtech to see if they know anything about it.
cssnms is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-10-2012, 04:16 PM   #24
CarleeSWE
OEM+ is the shit
 
CarleeSWE's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW 335ia Crimsonred
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Sweden East

Posts: 528
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cssnms View Post
Thank you for the mad translation skills! I wish I could read/speak more than one language "Hola" and "gracias" that's all I got.

Does he mention where he got it? I also e-mailed vtech to see if they know anything about it.
No problemo This is the BigTom IC-core http://shop.klracing.se/sv/artiklar/...akanslutn.html If thatīs the one you can read more about it here http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=426942 But it could be a thinner IC core, so I hope Vtech will send you the correct info
__________________
M-Tech - MFD - 9/10,5x18" BBS E28 - H&R - COBB - Supersprint - BMS - BigTom IC - Ultimate Racing
www.Youtube.com/user/CarleeSWE www.Garaget.org/Carlee82
CarleeSWE is offline   Sweden
0
Reply With Quote
      04-10-2012, 06:03 PM   #25
cssnms
Brigadier General
 
cssnms's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 BMW 335d
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Murland

Posts: 3,182
iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarleeSWE View Post
No problemo This is the BigTom IC-core http://shop.klracing.se/sv/artiklar/...akanslutn.html If thatīs the one you can read more about it here http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=426942 But it could be a thinner IC core, so I hope Vtech will send you the correct info
Thanks I am familiar with the Big Tom IC, just looking for more details about make and fitment since we d owners have very little to go by considering nobody state-side has installed an aftermarket IC or even removed it for that matter and compared it against the 335i IC to see what if any differences there are.

I thought that if perhaps someone else did the work already that we could get more details. To bad he's not on the boards.
cssnms is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-11-2012, 10:01 AM   #26
Tiago
Private First Class
 
Tiago's Avatar
 
Drives: E46 M3 / E61 35d
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Lisbon, Portugal

Posts: 119
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cssnms View Post
Thanks I am familiar with the Big Tom IC, just looking for more details about make and fitment since we d owners have very little to go by considering nobody state-side has installed an aftermarket IC or even removed it for that matter and compared it against the 335i IC to see what if any differences there are.

I thought that if perhaps someone else did the work already that we could get more details. To bad he's not on the boards.
From what i seen, i took a better option with the wagner-tuning ic and my car is a 535d which has a bit different IC than the 335d. For you, it should be bolt on mod because it is made for the 335i (that has the same IC than the 335d and therefore use the same supports), is shorter than the Big Tom and expose more the water radiator to prevent water cooling issues and has a bit more capacity.

Big Tom IC: 450x300x102 - 13,50L
Wagner-tuning: 520x210x150 - 13,57L

From the link provided about his car, it has 410hp and 835nm with meth.
__________________
Tiago is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-11-2012, 10:05 AM   #27
cssnms
Brigadier General
 
cssnms's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 BMW 335d
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Murland

Posts: 3,182
iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiago View Post
From what i seen, i took a better option with the wagner-tuning ic and my car is a 535d which has a bit different IC than the 335d. For you, it should be bolt on mod because it is made for the 335i (that has the same IC than the 335d and therefore use the same supports), is shorter than the Big Tom and expose more the water radiator to prevent water cooling issues and has a bit more capacity.

Big Tom IC: 450x300x102 - 13,50L
Wagner-tuning: 520x210x150 - 13,57L

From the link provided about his car, it has 410hp and 835nm with meth.
How do you know it is the same IC at the 335i? This is the question that we are trying to confirm.

While it looks to be the same IC as the 335i when looking at realoem, the cores could very well be differnt since the 335d not only has a different engine/turbo set-up but it runs at much higher boost pressures which may require a different core. There also seems to be at least 1 sublte physical difference when comparing the parts on realoem.

I wish we could track down this owner, he could help us out big time.
cssnms is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-11-2012, 11:37 AM   #28
Tiago
Private First Class
 
Tiago's Avatar
 
Drives: E46 M3 / E61 35d
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Lisbon, Portugal

Posts: 119
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cssnms View Post
How do you know it is the same IC at the 335i? This is the question that we are trying to confirm.

While it looks to be the same IC as the 335i when looking at realoem, the cores could very well be differnt since the 335d not only has a different engine/turbo set-up but it runs at much higher boost pressures which may require a different core. There also seems to be at least 1 sublte physical difference when comparing the parts on realoem.

I wish we could track down this owner, he could help us out big time.
I'm not 100% sure about the 3 series, but in the 5 series the 535i and 535d share the same IC part number. Sometimes the pics in the realoem don't show the true design. The best is to compare the part numbers: same part numbers = same part. And this makes sense with the new cost savings policy from BMW, to share the same parts the most as possible for all production models.

Besides that, the wagner-tuning ic has a bar and plate core which is capable to handle with high pressure alot better than the stock tube and fin core.
__________________
Tiago is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-11-2012, 11:37 AM   #29
CarleeSWE
OEM+ is the shit
 
CarleeSWE's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW 335ia Crimsonred
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Sweden East

Posts: 528
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cssnms View Post
How do you know it is the same IC at the 335i? This is the question that we are trying to confirm.

While it looks to be the same IC as the 335i when looking at realoem, the cores could very well be differnt since the 335d not only has a different engine/turbo set-up but it runs at much higher boost pressures which may require a different core. There also seems to be at least 1 sublte physical difference when comparing the parts on realoem.

I wish we could track down this owner, he could help us out big time.
I asked him but he didn't know what IC core he has, I think Vtech bought and installed everything for him. Does 335d have the same heat soak issue as the 335i?
__________________
M-Tech - MFD - 9/10,5x18" BBS E28 - H&R - COBB - Supersprint - BMS - BigTom IC - Ultimate Racing
www.Youtube.com/user/CarleeSWE www.Garaget.org/Carlee82
CarleeSWE is offline   Sweden
0
Reply With Quote
      04-11-2012, 12:00 PM   #30
cssnms
Brigadier General
 
cssnms's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 BMW 335d
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Murland

Posts: 3,182
iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarleeSWE View Post
I asked him but he didn't know what IC core he has, I think Vtech bought and installed everything for him. Does 335d have the same heat soak issue as the 335i?
Thanks.

I contacted vtech about this car and in particular about the IC, but they were not very helpful.

Yes our cars are prone to heat soak like the 335i, esp with a tune.
cssnms is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-11-2012, 12:04 PM   #31
cssnms
Brigadier General
 
cssnms's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 BMW 335d
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Murland

Posts: 3,182
iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiago View Post
I'm not 100% sure about the 3 series, but in the 5 series the 535i and 535d share the same IC part number. Sometimes the pics in the realoem don't show the true design. The best is to compare the part numbers: same part numbers = same part. And this makes sense with the new cost savings policy from BMW, to share the same parts the most as possible for all production models.

Besides that, the wagner-tuning ic has a bar and plate core which is capable to handle with high pressure alot better than the stock tube and fin core.
Different part numbers, but they look the same. Connections might be different though.

We are still trying to either find an owner near a shop that is willing or vice versa that is familiar with the 335i IC so they can compare the differences.
cssnms is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-11-2012, 12:59 PM   #32
Concentric190
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: 335d
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Willowbrook, IL

Posts: 262
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
1997 BMW M3  [0.00]
2009 BMW 335d  [0.00]
1995 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by cssnms View Post
Thanks I am familiar with the Big Tom IC, just looking for more details about make and fitment since we d owners have very little to go by considering nobody state-side has installed an aftermarket IC or even removed it for that matter and compared it against the 335i IC to see what if any differences there are.

I thought that if perhaps someone else did the work already that we could get more details. To bad he's not on the boards.
I have an intercooler that I'm planing on installing when I get some time soon.

I'd like to get to the track before the install so I can see if there is any changes though.
__________________
///Andres
09 335d evolve tuned - 327whp / 490wtq -- 13.0@105
95 M3 Turbo - Built 3.0l s52, PTE74GTQ, AEM EMS & CDI
97 M3 NASA TTB build for 2014!
Concentric190 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-15-2012, 09:06 PM   #33
taibanl
Brigadier General
 
taibanl's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: NA

Posts: 3,346
iTrader: (4)

Garage List
2011 335d  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolieman1220
how i'd love black smoke, turbo spool noises and an exhaust note...
Why black smoke? The other stuff i get.
__________________
taibanl is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-25-2012, 11:59 AM   #34
tonyteam
Enlisted Member
 
Drives: 535d E60 272hp
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Italy

Posts: 33
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiago View Post
From what i seen, i took a better option with the wagner-tuning ic and my car is a 535d which has a bit different IC than the 335d. For you, it should be bolt on mod because it is made for the 335i (that has the same IC than the 335d and therefore use the same supports), is shorter than the Big Tom and expose more the water radiator to prevent water cooling issues and has a bit more capacity.

Big Tom IC: 450x300x102 - 13,50L
Wagner-tuning: 520x210x150 - 13,57L

From the link provided about his car, it has 410hp and 835nm with meth.
the meth how many hp gives, without modification in Ecu map ?
i mean the only ADD horsepower by w-meth
tonyteam is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-25-2012, 12:29 PM   #35
PSEE
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2009 335d
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: BMW, MA

Posts: 251
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolieman1220
how i'd love black smoke, turbo spool noises and an exhaust note...
Why black smoke? The other stuff i get.


I believe he's being facetious.

I'm pretty certain an earlier poster who stated "Irresponsible" was being dead
serious.


Why are the rest of the posters in this thread falling over themselves to obtain a system like this for their diesels?

Belching black smoke ISN'T something that is considered desirable.

As the other guy so succinctly said, "IRRESPONSIBLE"


Similar posters rave about removing their catalytic converters for HP gains.


PSEE is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-25-2012, 12:34 PM   #36
Puerto Rican 335d
Colonel
 
Puerto Rican 335d's Avatar
 
Drives: Montego Blue 335d
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Puerto Rico

Posts: 2,494
iTrader: (0)

If I could I would remove the DEF and other factors WE in the US of A have to have installed in our vehicles, when the REST of the world does NOT comply with US of A and EU. Dont even start with DIESELS truck which are not regulated, this is an issue most of us specially me is botheringsome
Puerto Rican 335d is offline   Puerto Rico
0
Reply With Quote
      07-25-2012, 09:16 PM   #37
TeamMancusoSW
Enlisted Member
 
Drives: 2011 335d
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Houston TX

Posts: 30
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSEE View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolieman1220
how i'd love black smoke, turbo spool noises and an exhaust note...
Why black smoke? The other stuff i get.


I believe he's being facetious.

I'm pretty certain an earlier poster who stated "Irresponsible" was being dead
serious.


Why are the rest of the posters in this thread falling over themselves to obtain a system like this for their diesels?

Belching black smoke ISN'T something that is considered desirable.

As the other guy so succinctly said, "IRRESPONSIBLE"


Similar posters rave about removing their catalytic converters for HP gains.


Just because it smokes doesn't mean it's broke!

Last edited by TeamMancusoSW; 07-25-2012 at 09:24 PM.
TeamMancusoSW is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-26-2012, 06:06 AM   #38
Puerto Rican 335d
Colonel
 
Puerto Rican 335d's Avatar
 
Drives: Montego Blue 335d
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Puerto Rico

Posts: 2,494
iTrader: (0)

I for got to mention I hv been in close contact with Nick of Wagner ICs in USA and the Doc from Germany that actually went to Wagner in Germany and they had to do a 3D of the actual OEM IC to START making one for us, the 335i IC will NOT work with our "D" Hence, tubing is different , the DOC told me in 2 months they will have one for us, Nick told me 4 months. If you have seen the Wagner ICs they are SWEET looking and look almost OEM!!! I am waiting for that IC to come out.
Puerto Rican 335d is offline   Puerto Rico
0
Reply With Quote
      07-26-2012, 08:09 AM   #39
cssnms
Brigadier General
 
cssnms's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 BMW 335d
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Murland

Posts: 3,182
iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puerto Rican 335d View Post
I for got to mention I hv been in close contact with Nick of Wagner ICs in USA and the Doc from Germany that actually went to Wagner in Germany and they had to do a 3D of the actual OEM IC to START making one for us, the 335i IC will NOT work with our "D" Hence, tubing is different , the DOC told me in 2 months they will have one for us, Nick told me 4 months. If you have seen the Wagner ICs they are SWEET looking and look almost OEM!!! I am waiting for that IC to come out.
Good info Axel, thanks. This info warrants another/new thread that can be updated periodically as more details become available (like the meth thread).
cssnms is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-26-2012, 09:24 AM   #40
Puerto Rican 335d
Colonel
 
Puerto Rican 335d's Avatar
 
Drives: Montego Blue 335d
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Puerto Rico

Posts: 2,494
iTrader: (0)

yep I saw the Wagner IC and fell in love since it looked so OEM but will wait for the new IC made by them in the next few months
Puerto Rican 335d is offline   Puerto Rico
0
Reply With Quote
      07-26-2012, 09:27 AM   #41
Tiago
Private First Class
 
Tiago's Avatar
 
Drives: E46 M3 / E61 35d
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Lisbon, Portugal

Posts: 119
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puerto Rican 335d View Post
I for got to mention I hv been in close contact with Nick of Wagner ICs in USA and the Doc from Germany that actually went to Wagner in Germany and they had to do a 3D of the actual OEM IC to START making one for us, the 335i IC will NOT work with our "D" Hence, tubing is different , the DOC told me in 2 months they will have one for us, Nick told me 4 months. If you have seen the Wagner ICs they are SWEET looking and look almost OEM!!! I am waiting for that IC to come out.
That is very strange. I have a close friend with a E91 335d (non LCI) and he followed my advice about the Wagner IC. It was a direct fit for his car.
Besides my mods, his car also has hybrid turbos. He wants to break the 420hp mark.
__________________
Tiago is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-26-2012, 09:34 AM   #42
Puerto Rican 335d
Colonel
 
Puerto Rican 335d's Avatar
 
Drives: Montego Blue 335d
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Puerto Rico

Posts: 2,494
iTrader: (0)

tiago this info I got was from the DOC in Germany, Wagner couldnt make a fix for the 335d since the 335i tubing would not match thats why they decided to scan it 3D and make one that is correctly and adpatable to our "D"s now remember although the same engine in Portugal its different tubing here in USA, maybe that is a factor but I doubt it cause the DOC is in Germany, dont know what to say on this
Puerto Rican 335d is offline   Puerto Rico
0
Reply With Quote
      07-26-2012, 09:46 AM   #43
335dwagon
Private First Class
 
335dwagon's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 BMW 335D wagon
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Filderstadt, Deutschland

Posts: 116
iTrader: (0)

The 335i intercooler is 100% non compatible without major
Front end modifications.
__________________
335dwagon is offline   Germany
0
Reply With Quote
      07-26-2012, 09:50 AM   #44
Puerto Rican 335d
Colonel
 
Puerto Rican 335d's Avatar
 
Drives: Montego Blue 335d
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Puerto Rico

Posts: 2,494
iTrader: (0)

GRACIAS Doc!!! There go the Doc confirmed he's the guy that ACTUALLY went to Wagner!! Rest my case amigos
Puerto Rican 335d is offline   Puerto Rico
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:19 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST