E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > Bluetooth Problems i am sick and tired

07-03-2007, 12:35 AM   #1
Socialworker
New York City Social worker
Rep
Drives: 2006 325I

Bluetooth Problems i am sick and tired

http://app3.websitetonight.com/proje...oads/blue1.jpg

http://app3.websitetonight.com/proje...oads/blue2.jpg

http://app3.websitetonight.com/proje...oads/blue3.jpg

I have a 2006 Bmw 325I, i picked it up around summer of 2005. The car worked without any problems for about a year. I noticed BMW assist was not working. they replaced the "TCU" since then the blue tooth has worked when it wants to. I brought 4 brand new phones thinking it was the phone as per the BMW tech. However now i have my fourth new phone (black berry pearl) and I am sure its not the phone. This is the problem:

The car always pairs up with the phone, there has never been a problem with that. after 30-60 minutes on the phone via bluetooth. The person i am talking with cuts off and there is no sound. The Navi screens still states connected and the timer is still ticking. I then reach for the cell phone which states Bluetooth signal is weak, do you want to use the handset? I Click yes and then i can NOW hear the caller via the handset phone to my ear. then the navi screen still states connected and the timer is still ticking. I try to use the i drive and end the phatom call but nothing works. By the way i am still talking to the caller via the phone and not bluetooth. The car finally drops the call and then i get a blue screen that states please pair the phone. I tell the caller i will talk to them later and then try to pair the phone. The car refuses to pair. I even try to delete the pervious profile and start over again. the car refuses to delete the old profile. I try to disable bluetooth via the car, but the box will not uncheck. I noticed only after shutting oFF the entire car and letting it sit for several minutes will now t allow me to pair again. however the same thing happens 30-60 later. does anyone have a clue? I even attached my invoices from BMW. it appear they also dont have a clue. i have three razor phones and one pearl. This is just crazy!
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2007, 08:21 AM   #2
JSpira
Freude am Fahren
Austria
Rep
Drives: Fünfer, Dreier, +

I tend to think that this points to the TCU but to rule out the phone, do you still have one of the other phones you purchased and is that other phone known to be compatible?

Testing against another phone known to be compatible should rule in or out the TCU.

Jonathan

E90 2006 330xi
E90 2006 325i
E39 2003 530i Sport*
E46 2000 328Ci*
E36 1996 328iS*
E36 1992 325i*
E30 1991 318is
E21 1982 320iS*
E21 1979 320 (6-Zyl)*
*retired

Nominated: Most Contributing Member
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2007, 11:42 PM   #3
Socialworker
Rep

yes, the razor phone is on the approved listing, i picked up about three of those.
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2007, 12:57 AM   #4
BK
Smiling politely
United_States
Rep
Drives: 330i

Garage List
2006 330i  [9.00]
Ugh. Strange that it showed up a year into ownership, too. Not something I wanted to hear, as I'm coming up on the anniversary mark myself with no major issues (knocking on wood).
      07-04-2007, 01:42 AM   #5
karliejai
Da Kid
United_States
Rep
Drives: JetBlack e90 335i

honestly... my bluetooth sucks!

MODS: OEM Front Splitter | ACS Roof Spoiler | OEM Trunk Spoiler | Matt Black Front Grill | Black Shadowline Window Trim | Painted Front Lower Rod | Blacklines | JDM Yellow Fogs | Custom Silver CF Headlights with LUX 4.0 | Eisenhaus Sports Exhaust
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2007, 10:46 AM   #6
Socialworker
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by karliejai View Post
honestly... my bluetooth sucks!
what do you mean it suck, do you have the same problems i have?
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2007, 09:42 AM   #7
gmcwv
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '06 330i Sport

I got into my car one day and the bluetooth connection would just not work. I have had the car for almost 2 years now and never had a problem with the bluetooth. So when it stopped working I called and made an appt for my car. Well it was a couple of weeks before they could come get it and so during that time I had to fly out of town so my car sat for 3 days at the airport, when I got back it worked. So I called the dealer and they still wanted it in so that is were it is now so I will let you know what they say. They tried the same line on me about it might be the phone. I went to the bluetooth setup menu and the enable bluetooth box was unchecked and I couldn't even check it and the Assist button would not even work and the phone menu would tell me that they phone was not installed.
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2007, 01:06 PM   #8
gmcwv
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '06 330i Sport

Well got my car back (plus a dent) and they "looked" at it but did nothing as far as the Bluetooth went. So they are supposed to pick it back up again look at the dent and update the computer to the newest version (which they said they did in the first place)...ugh
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2007, 03:42 PM   #9
msimon18
Retired
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4 s30i

Garage List
I thionk the software has TIME BOMBS loaded in the programming so it can go boinkers on anniversaries, birthdays and other special events.........

M3 GTR - 1/5 scale - 4.2 HP w/ Collari hydraulic brakes - would you believe ~80 MPH on straightaway !!
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2007, 08:20 AM   #10
Socialworker
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by msimon18 View Post
I thionk the software has TIME BOMBS loaded in the programming so it can go boinkers on anniversaries, birthdays and other special events.........

So i had my car bluetooth looked at again. They stated they did not find anything and was able to pair it up with thier phone. I protested and they looked at the car again and stated the same thing. I am not sure what i plan on doing next. I think it is not fair..... one of my option is trade the 2006 325i for a 5 series and hope the next car bluetooth would work. But for now the bluetooth issue is dead. BMW is more inclined to blame the cell phone rather that their stuff. I give up on BMW and bluetooth.
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2007, 07:27 PM   #11
tambo916
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 325i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Socialworker View Post
http://app3.websitetonight.com/proje...oads/blue1.jpg

http://app3.websitetonight.com/proje...oads/blue2.jpg

http://app3.websitetonight.com/proje...oads/blue3.jpg

I have a 2006 Bmw 325I, i picked it up around summer of 2005. The car worked without any problems for about a year. I noticed BMW assist was not working. they replaced the "TCU" since then the blue tooth has worked when it wants to. I brought 4 brand new phones thinking it was the phone as per the BMW tech. However now i have my fourth new phone (black berry pearl) and I am sure its not the phone. This is the problem:

The car always pairs up with the phone, there has never been a problem with that. after 30-60 minutes on the phone via bluetooth. The person i am talking with cuts off and there is no sound. The Navi screens still states connected and the timer is still ticking. I then reach for the cell phone which states Bluetooth signal is weak, do you want to use the handset? I Click yes and then i can NOW hear the caller via the handset phone to my ear. then the navi screen still states connected and the timer is still ticking. I try to use the i drive and end the phatom call but nothing works. By the way i am still talking to the caller via the phone and not bluetooth. The car finally drops the call and then i get a blue screen that states please pair the phone. I tell the caller i will talk to them later and then try to pair the phone. The car refuses to pair. I even try to delete the pervious profile and start over again. the car refuses to delete the old profile. I try to disable bluetooth via the car, but the box will not uncheck. I noticed only after shutting oFF the entire car and letting it sit for several minutes will now t allow me to pair again. however the same thing happens 30-60 later. does anyone have a clue? I even attached my invoices from BMW. it appear they also dont have a clue. i have three razor phones and one pearl. This is just crazy!
I have the EXACT same problem see my earlier post.

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65864

It has been intermintent and fine as of late so I haven't brought it to the dealership, but it sounds like you and I have the same problem. It seems to act up when I try and pair a second phone. It is very frustrating when the call just goes silent about 20 minutes in and then you pick up the handset and the other person is still talking, all while the headunit show the call as still being connected. I don't have navi, but the problem is exactly the same.

I don't get it. Won't they just replace the bluetooth unit for you? Tell them to try that or did they already do that?
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2007, 08:59 PM   #12
Socialworker
Rep

they are refusing to change the unit, they stated they cannot reproduce the problem. they stated their phone works, like i told them this does not happen all the time but it happen most of the time. Its frustrated because i spend 3 hours a day with the car, they only spend 30 minutes or less. I would think since i spend more time with the car driving i know the car well. but i give up! next year i will trade or sell the car.i hate to say, this will be someone elses problems. My wife has this joke when i trade the car in then they will tell me the bluetooth does not work.

They will blame everything on your phone, software or the phone itself. they will then ask to hold the phone for 24 hours. I did this twice and they stated it was no problem. i told them you have to talk on the phone and make several calls. they stated they did not do that . then they asked to hold the phone again, but i was expected an important call and could not. they stated they will use thier phone......overall i give up!!! when i got the car back the phone worked good until the next day...
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2011, 07:39 AM   #13
mikekilpatrick
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW F10 550 Xdrive Msport

I have run into the same problem. I can hear people on my blue tooth navi phone call with 3-5 bars showing for a connection, but the other person says I am garbled. Have had the microphone replaced, the TCU replaced and 3 different phones. I just don't know what else to do.
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2011, 08:15 AM   #14
fdriller9
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '06 AW 330xi

Garage List
2006 330xi  [6.44]
Has this car been in an accident? Check the most connections. Mainly the bends in th most cables. They can't be bent past a certain degree or they won't carry the signal or they can crack the fiber optic cable.
Appreciate 0