E90Post
 


Lux Angel Eyes
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Eric's HPF Single Turbo N54 Is ALIVE - VIDEO



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      04-08-2012, 08:47 AM   #1079
AYF80
Captain
11
Rep
967
Posts

 
Drives: 2015 AY F80
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Nashville, TN

iTrader: (0)

Yeah the HPFP and the injectors were replaced by BMW on thursday. The HPFP actually went out while on the Dyno on wednesday. I know its common especially since it was the original pump, but i was just thinking to myself how lucky i was that i ended up with a good one.

All the injectors were replaced under the BMW recall, the report stated that 5 of 6 injectors were in a un expectable tolerance or something like that.
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2012, 10:12 AM   #1080
LuSt4Boost
Second Lieutenant
United_States
2
Rep
290
Posts

 
Drives: CTS-V
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: MD

iTrader: (2)

Glad everything is going great... Cant wait for your review.
__________________
http://www.e90post.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=50760&dateline=132735  2876
N54|Twin Tebow power! + JB4
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2012, 11:38 AM   #1081
gian335
Major
gian335's Avatar
12
Rep
1,031
Posts

 
Drives: e92 335
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: uknown

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HPF 335i #1 View Post
Yeah the HPFP and the injectors were replaced by BMW on thursday. The HPFP actually went out while on the Dyno on wednesday. I know its common especially since it was the original pump, but i was just thinking to myself how lucky i was that i ended up with a good one.

All the injectors were replaced under the BMW recall, the report stated that 5 of 6 injectors were in a un expectable tolerance or something like that.
good to hear your up and running

hows the transmission running with the turbo ? any trouble at shift point?
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2012, 12:46 PM   #1082
AYF80
Captain
11
Rep
967
Posts

 
Drives: 2015 AY F80
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Nashville, TN

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gian335 View Post
good to hear your up and running

hows the transmission running with the turbo ? any trouble at shift point?
no clue, I have not herd anything about the trans at all yet. All I know is that if there are issues with shifting or slipping, its going to get built.
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2012, 06:22 PM   #1083
HPF Chris
Lieutenant
59
Rep
500
Posts

 
Drives: 2006 330i & 530i
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Portland, OR

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishace View Post
That dyno session must have been a game changer..........
It made 474rwhp and we maxed out the MAP sensor at 20psi. We will be installing a different map sensor shortly.

Appreciate 0
      04-10-2012, 06:41 PM   #1084
Joshboody
Lieutenant Colonel
25
Rep
1,708
Posts

 
Drives: pickemuptruck
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Phoenix, AZ

iTrader: (7)

Cool, I'm assuming 91oct... let's see some logs! very interested in the timing curve. actually street logs would be even better.
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2012, 12:27 PM   #1085
M///1rider
Banned
M///1rider's Avatar
United_States
8
Rep
584
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 BMW 1M
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: NJ

iTrader: (0)

cant wait for this to get up and running so there can be competitive pricing battles going on between Procede/FFTEC and HPF...... wonder which ones going to be more expensive any guess?

what about price range?

no more than 5k for hardware (turbo, exhaust manifold, and in HPF's case an Intake manifold)
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2012, 01:26 PM   #1086
Themythx
Private First Class
Themythx's Avatar
1
Rep
195
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 335i
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: SC

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M///1rider View Post
cant wait for this to get up and running so there can be competitive pricing battles going on between Procede/FFTEC and HPF...... wonder which ones going to be more expensive any guess?

what about price range?

no more than 5k for hardware (turbo, exhaust manifold, and in HPF's case an Intake manifold)
Hopefully its not to far fetched trying to get my car ready for this and that alone isn't cheap lol
__________________
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2012, 06:41 PM   #1087
AYF80
Captain
11
Rep
967
Posts

 
Drives: 2015 AY F80
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Nashville, TN

iTrader: (0)

Waiting for final pump gas 20 PSI tuning Dyno...
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2012, 06:46 PM   #1088
dlbrooks18
Brigadier General
dlbrooks18's Avatar
52
Rep
3,583
Posts

 
Drives: e90 335i
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Los Angeles

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HPF 335i #1 View Post
Yeah the HPFP and the injectors were replaced by BMW on thursday. The HPFP actually went out while on the Dyno on wednesday. I know its common especially since it was the original pump, but i was just thinking to myself how lucky i was that i ended up with a good one.

All the injectors were replaced under the BMW recall, the report stated that 5 of 6 injectors were in a un expectable tolerance or something like that.
Under warranty?? They had no issues with single turbo Can't wait for a review of your car1
__________________

2008 E90 335
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2012, 07:02 PM   #1089
AYF80
Captain
11
Rep
967
Posts

 
Drives: 2015 AY F80
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Nashville, TN

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlbrooks18 View Post
Under warranty?? They had no issues with single turbo Can't wait for a review of your car1
It was replaced under the recall with the injectors. I guess HPF brings cars there all the time, so i don't think the Single was a big deal. lol.
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2012, 07:12 PM   #1090
jazze90
Captain
No_Country
6
Rep
671
Posts

 
Drives: '07 335i, '09 M3
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Thornhill

iTrader: (0)

Wow 474 hp! did you do any more dynos?
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2012, 07:12 PM   #1091
dlbrooks18
Brigadier General
dlbrooks18's Avatar
52
Rep
3,583
Posts

 
Drives: e90 335i
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Los Angeles

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HPF 335i #1 View Post
It was replaced under the recall with the injectors. I guess HPF brings cars there all the time, so i don't think the Single was a big deal. lol.
Cool.. I'm excited for you, when will you be getting your car back?
__________________

2008 E90 335
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2012, 07:19 PM   #1092
AYF80
Captain
11
Rep
967
Posts

 
Drives: 2015 AY F80
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Nashville, TN

iTrader: (0)

Chris, any final tuning updates or Dyno's?
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2012, 07:22 PM   #1093
AYF80
Captain
11
Rep
967
Posts

 
Drives: 2015 AY F80
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Nashville, TN

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlbrooks18 View Post
Cool.. I'm excited for you, when will you be getting your car back?

Im planning on 2 weeks for arival. HPF just needs to finalize and lock in the tune and install a few parts I have sitting around.

Then she will ship out. I assume it will take at least 5-8 days to get here.
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2012, 08:31 PM   #1094
GetWellSoon
Banned
GetWellSoon's Avatar
United_States
5
Rep
242
Posts

 
Drives: 2009 335i e92
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Brooklyn & NJ

iTrader: (0)

Bro I would of shot myself, to have them use the car for all this time and to get 470 whp, you could've got the same with Rb's for $3000
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2012, 09:27 PM   #1095
M3_WC
Colonel
29
Rep
2,242
Posts

 
Drives: M3
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GetWellSoon View Post
Bro I would of shot myself, to have them use the car for all this time and to get 470 whp, you could've got the same with Rb's for $3000
Bro...that is on 20psi, they are putting in a new sensor and raising the boost. A few pages back they are shooting for mid to low 500whp, on 92 octane(no meth).
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2012, 10:48 PM   #1096
-StanceCity-
Banned
19
Rep
1,344
Posts

 
Drives: love to piss on fucker's face
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: are you that fucker? lol

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HPF 335i #1 View Post
Im planning on 2 weeks for arival. HPF just needs to finalize and lock in the tune and install a few parts I have sitting around.

Then she will ship out. I assume it will take at least 5-8 days to get here.
Cool! I thought you were going to get the car back in 2015. The wait to drive your own car is finally over....
Congrats man.
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2012, 06:24 AM   #1097
Irishace
ElevenPointFive
Irishace's Avatar
Canada
32
Rep
2,052
Posts

 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Toronto

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GetWellSoon View Post
Bro I would of shot myself, to have them use the car for all this time and to get 470 whp, you could've got the same with Rb's for $3000
+1, pretty sad really.
__________________
2008 Jerez Black - 6MT E92 M3
Evolve | H&R | Apex | Exotics Tuning
2015 Pearl Black - DSG MK7 GTI
Burger Motorsports Beta Tester
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2012, 06:48 AM   #1098
pits200
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
33
Rep
1,917
Posts

 
Drives: 09 335i X-Drive Black Sapphire
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Pittsburgh

iTrader: (0)

Ya, I don't understand. Its hard to compare this single to shivs because hasn't his always used meth where this is pump only?

I mean 470 definitely doesn't seem impressive. I'm surprised they'd give the car back to you without testing it at higher horsepower/psi numbers.

And with that dyno curve, I couldn't see this car running any better than mid 11s
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2012, 09:22 AM   #1099
E90SoFlo
Banned
53
Rep
2,675
Posts

 
Drives: E90 335i
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Naples, FL

iTrader: (9)

I would wait until the car is finished before making assumptions.
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2012, 10:34 AM   #1100
dlbrooks18
Brigadier General
dlbrooks18's Avatar
52
Rep
3,583
Posts

 
Drives: e90 335i
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Los Angeles

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90SoFlo View Post
I would wait until the car is finished before making assumptions.
+1
__________________

2008 E90 335
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
hpf single turbo, single turbo n54

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:11 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST