E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Dual clutch transmissiom with jb4 or procede

04-13-2012, 10:33 PM   #1
GazM4
Rep
Drives: M4 Conv. 335 Cobb (stolen)

Dual clutch transmissiom with jb4 or procede

Hello everyone!

I have a twin turbo 335i, post 2009 come with dual clutch transmission here.

1. I am looking to chip procede or jb4 does anyone know which oneworks better with the dual clutch 7 speed?

2. Also do you guys know what 0-60 times i should be expecting for the dual clutch with stock everything.

3 Does the dual cone air intake actually make a difference. What does it do to mpg? Fuel is effing expensive here in the uk £ 1.50 per litre!

4. Does procede or jb4 give u better mpg than stock when making love to the car and not pounding it

5. Most importantly, Can i just get the car chipped with procede or jb4 without doing any of the fancy mods like intercoolers, downpipes and exhausts etc or are these necessary? i dont plan to race, but would fancy giving a better car a run for its money at the traffic lights ill prob also do the dual cone air intake but dont want to do other mods if i dont have to.

Thanks guys, as u have figured im new to the game
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2012, 01:13 AM   #2
Dark9T
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 Red 335i E92 AT

Try both of them and tell us which one is better for you!!!
      04-14-2012, 01:20 AM   #3
PR3CI5N
need4speed
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 E90 M 335i

You 100% can run just a JB4 with no other mods safely. I wouldn't own a 335i without a JB4 lol And for the DCI, I run them just for the sound purpose. On a cold night they increase hp but when it's hot they def don't help. I'd get them. Easy install/uninstall
      04-14-2012, 02:46 AM   #4
phil200tdi
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 335i M Sport E90 LCI manual

There is a uk section of this forum with a number of guys running jb4 (myself included).

Juiceduptuning.co.uk is a UK distributor for the jb4 and numerous other products, checkout the website.

You just need to work out whether you have an N54 (twin turbo) or N55 engine (twin power turbo) - 2009 was the year it changed...
      04-14-2012, 03:19 AM   #5
boostaholic786
Captain
Rep
Drives: E92 N54 with MHD Custom flash

No I'm pretty sure like 100% sure that 2009 was the N54 motor. Well atleast over here in the U.S.. And I also am a die hard JB4 guy. Just intall the JB4 and all you would do is set it to map 1. You will notice a HUGE increase in power and A MAJOR change in torque! Once you see how big of a difference with just the JB4, I can almost guarantee you that your going to want to do more And the JB4 has everything you need if you want to continue to do any other modifications! I def think you should do an intake and put some downpipes on it. It makes SUCH a huge difference too, along with the way it makes the car sound and then the JB4 can really do some work :P And also I have heard the Proceed is a little more complicated than the JB4.
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2012, 03:24 AM   #6
Themythx
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i

I installed just the procede and there DCI and notice a great increase of power and the DCI makes a nice little swoosh sound when gear changing. And it comes with a lot of features all of which I'm still learning. But i would say procede but then again i haven't tried JB4 heard good things though.
      04-14-2012, 07:56 AM   #7
GazM4
Rep
Drives: M4 Conv. 335 Cobb (stolen)

Thanks a lot for the replies guys. Now that i know other mods are not necessary i am seriously tempted.

What if any change have you experienced to fuel consumption when driving normally?

My engine is definitely the twin turbo one as it does not have twinpower written on it.

My biggest concern is voiding the warranty on the car. People say the jb4 is not detectable but are you guys sure? Would i need to remove anything physical before i went in to a dealership?

Does jb4 interfere with the stock launch control feature?
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2012, 08:38 AM   #8
Themythx
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by UK335er View Post
Thanks a lot for the replies guys. Now that i know other mods are not necessary i am seriously tempted.

What if any change have you experienced to fuel consumption when driving normally?

My engine is definitely the twin turbo one as it does not have twinpower written on it.

My biggest concern is voiding the warranty on the car. People say the jb4 is not detectable but are you guys sure? Would i need to remove anything physical before i went in to a dealership?

Does jb4 interfere with the stock launch control feature?
I have taken my procede v5 to the dealer i think three times since i have had it and nothing. It has something that doesn't pick up the dealer when they scan. And I'm stationed in the germany so these dealers know a lot about bmw and still have never said a thing. just put it in map 0 and it drives as if it was stock.