E90Post

PYSPEED

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > Exterior Lighting Help, Angel Eyes & Low Beam Headlights

04-14-2012, 02:08 AM   #1
StealthFish
Private First Class
United_States

Drives: 335i E92 (Crimson Fury)

Exterior Lighting Help, Angel Eyes & Low Beam Headlights

Hi everyone, I am new to the Beamer modding scene. I have a few questions about the lighting for the angel eyes and the low beams. I have done some research and found that the stock E92 low beams are D1S Xenon and the angel eyes are H8. The thing with that is, I am trying to figure out the ballast for the low beams. Are they 35w as well and the bulbs? I am also trying to get white angel eyes but I read up that the light is too dim if I would just get white bulbs H8 replacements, is this true or can I just get super white H8 bulbs? Would this be the same for the D1S as well? Can I just replace the stock bulb with like a 5K or a 6K bulb and it will have a whiter effect than the stock 4300K bulb?

Thanks,
Dav
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2012, 08:10 AM   #2
ChasVS
Colonel
United_States

Drives: 2012 MB ML350 Bluetec

You can go whiter H8 bulbs or look at the LED options available. They are brighter and whiter than any H8 bulb you'll find.
      04-14-2012, 08:38 AM   #3
JDLM
Banned
United_States

Drives: 2009 335i Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by StealthFish View Post
Hi everyone, I am new to the Beamer modding scene. I have a few questions about the lighting for the angel eyes and the low beams. I have done some research and found that the stock E92 low beams are D1S Xenon and the angel eyes are H8. The thing with that is, I am trying to figure out the ballast for the low beams. Are they 35w as well and the bulbs? I am also trying to get white angel eyes but I read up that the light is too dim if I would just get white bulbs H8 replacements, is this true or can I just get super white H8 bulbs? Would this be the same for the D1S as well? Can I just replace the stock bulb with like a 5K or a 6K bulb and it will have a whiter effect than the stock 4300K bulb?

Thanks,
Dav

You have a Bimmer not a beamer
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2012, 11:55 AM   #4
StealthFish
Private First Class
United_States

Drives: 335i E92 (Crimson Fury)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDLM View Post
You have a Bimmer not a beamer
Sorry, hehe, I guess I'm the newb. Excuse my lingo. Bimmer, not Beamer, got it.

Thanks JDML.

Also, thanks ChasVS. I'm assuming that since I type that long paragraph and nothing else was answered, I got it right? So I am going with the LEDs Angel eyes and just a different bulb for the D1S Xenon. Thanks again guys.
Appreciate 0