E90Post

Extreme Power House

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Photo/Video/Media Gallery > Finally Have My Own Teaser!

04-14-2012, 06:07 PM   #23
PaulG6201
Rep

Drives: 2010 335xi M Sport Coupe

Any reason you opted to paint instead of powdercoating? Just curious...
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2012, 06:38 PM   #24
Bimmer84
Guardian of the Night
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2010 335i M Sport Coupe

Garage List
2010 335i E92  [3.75]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverII View Post
real nice
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chismakop View Post
Is it gunmetal or ferric grey on your wheels? They came out 100%
Thanks! Rollingstone answers your question below! But yes, OEM Lamborghini paint.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rollinstone157 View Post
Me Gusta! It came out great, what an amazing color for wheels!
Although I'll be completely honest, I'm really not a fan of the dark tinted stripe over the blinker area of your tails. I really don't think it flows well at all, sorry...
If I were you, I would get E92 LCI tails (euro amber blinker of course!) and get a very, very light tint over that.

Read the pic post (#17) it says they were powder-coated using a Lamborghini Paint color. Come on now
Thanks! I'm very happy with my color choice. As for the tails, it was just something I wanted to try out... I'm not going to keep it and will get LCIs one of these days...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barny View Post
I like that full side shot, looks good.

Off topic and out of curiosity, would a automatic car wash rip off a spoiler like that?
Thanks, ebay special I would never take mine through an auto wash, but if 155mph on the autobahn doesn't rip it off, I doubt the car wash would.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric335 View Post
Damn thats nice!!! Cost?
I paid 360 euros (470ish dollars) This included all four rims painted, and two rims having some rash repair from my loving wife.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulG6201 View Post
Any reason you opted to paint instead of powdercoating? Just curious...
I needed to get two rims repaired, both would have needed to be resprayed.. so I figured, hell, if you are painting two, might as well do all four... and then we came up with the color since I was thinking a gun metal color anyway. At the time, powdercoating didn't even cross my mind, since either way they would have had to have been painted.

Again, thanks everyone! These pictures just don't do the color justice, and I will try and get a good shoot in one of these days. Carbon Fiber Diffuser and Black Chrome quad tips en route, so I may wait until then!
2010 335i M Sport Coupe -- Black Sapphire Metallic|Coral Red|Loaded|JB4 Stage 3|BMS DCI|VRSF DPs|Camaross 6k AE|Performance Gloss Black Grilles|CF Performance Spoiler|CF Quad Diffuser|Double Layer Black Chrome Quad Tips|CF Roundels|Smoked Reflectors|Red Cyba Scoops|193s Painted Lamborghini Metallic Dark Gray
Appreciate 0