E90Post
 


PYSPEED
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion > Nugent's Violent Rhetoric



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      04-18-2012, 10:23 AM   #1
xbook
Lieutenant Colonel
 
xbook's Avatar
 
Drives: '14 EBII M235i & '06 R53 GP
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Northridge, CA

Posts: 1,536
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 E82  [0.00]
Nugent's Violent Rhetoric

Ted Nugent has gone and shouted his brand of conservatism from the hilltop again, but this time it has gone a little too far. Implying that President Obama needs to be shot, and that the Democrats need their heads cut off in november.

Ted Nugent Speaks @ NRA Convention

Back in 2003 when the Iraq war started, the Dixie Chicks were ripped apart by the GOP for expressing that they didn't support what President Bush was doing. They didn't express their views in a violent manner, they said that they were ashamed the President was from Texas. Not terribly offensive when it comes to war protest slogans.

Now here we have an entertainer comparing the President to a coyote that needs to be shot. Violent rhetoric that can be construed as him making threats towards the President. Especially with comments like "I'm going to be dead or in jail this time next year" peppered in for extra flavor.

Where is the GOP rebuking this guy's statements?
__________________
xbook is offline   Zimbabwe
0
Reply With Quote
      04-18-2012, 12:10 PM   #2
ScotchAndCigar
Banned
 
ScotchAndCigar's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 128i space gray vert
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: New England

Posts: 817
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xbook View Post
Where is the GOP rebuking this guy's statements?
I'm sure this will earn him another guest spot on the Hannity show.
ScotchAndCigar is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-18-2012, 12:50 PM   #3
ideliver
Major
 
ideliver's Avatar
 
Drives: 08 E60 M5 & 08 Infiniti QX56
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: At the gas station

Posts: 1,232
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2006 MB S430 SOLD  [0.00]
2003 E46 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by xbook View Post
Where is the GOP rebuking this guy's statements?
The same place the Dem's are on any of the non-sense that any "celeb" says...

Why is this country so obcessed with celebrity??? It's pathetic...

BTW...if any of us said that crap...we would be arrested first...then questioned...such is life for us common folk...

it is time for us to realize that the classes are not rich and poor...but ruling class and ruled class...and we are all the later
__________________
Cars I've owned '76 Chevelle 350 RIP '82 Monte Carlo 350 RIP '82 Mustang 302 RIP '88 Honda CRX RIP '88 Olds Toronado sold '94 Toyota Tercel sold '99 Acura TL sold 2002 Porsche 911 sold 2003 E46 M3 Blk/gr 2006 MB S430 sold Current: 2008 Infiniti QX56 & 2008 E60 M5

ideliver is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-18-2012, 01:17 PM   #4
xbook
Lieutenant Colonel
 
xbook's Avatar
 
Drives: '14 EBII M235i & '06 R53 GP
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Northridge, CA

Posts: 1,536
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 E82  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ideliver View Post
The same place the Dem's are on any of the non-sense that any "celeb" says...

Why is this country so obcessed with celebrity??? It's pathetic...

BTW...if any of us said that crap...we would be arrested first...then questioned...such is life for us common folk...

it is time for us to realize that the classes are not rich and poor...but ruling class and ruled class...and we are all the later
This isn't about being obsessed about a celebrity. This is specifically about someone who openly suggested violence against the president, that shouldn't be looked at lightly. This type of violent rhetoric needs to stop.

And I agree, If I went out and said something similar to what he said, I'd be seeing my wife from behind plexiglass from now on. If I'm lucky.
__________________
xbook is offline   Zimbabwe
0
Reply With Quote
      04-18-2012, 02:02 PM   #5
txz4
Major
 
txz4's Avatar
 
Drives: 2006 M coupe
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: san antonio, texas

Posts: 1,098
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xbook View Post
Ted Nugent has gone and shouted his brand of conservatism from the hilltop again, but this time it has gone a little too far. Implying that President Obama needs to be shot, and that the Democrats need their heads cut off in november.

Ted Nugent Speaks @ NRA Convention

Back in 2003 when the Iraq war started, the Dixie Chicks were ripped apart by the GOP for expressing that they didn't support what President Bush was doing. They didn't express their views in a violent manner, they said that they were ashamed the President was from Texas. Not terribly offensive when it comes to war protest slogans.

Now here we have an entertainer comparing the President to a coyote that needs to be shot. Violent rhetoric that can be construed as him making threats towards the President. Especially with comments like "I'm going to be dead or in jail this time next year" peppered in for extra flavor.

Where is the GOP rebuking this guy's statements?
Didnt see or hear that part about implying beheading? Though i agree, the Nuge needs to bring the crazy in.
txz4 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-18-2012, 02:55 PM   #6
Templar
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Templar's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 E92 M3
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: One of the coasts...

Posts: 1,816
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by txz4 View Post
Didnt see or hear that part about implying beheading? Though i agree, the Nuge needs to bring the crazy in.
He said exactly that, that Repubs need to cut their heads off. Sure, it was a metaphor, but a poorly spoken metaphor. He's an idiot anyway, and gives human beings a bad name.

I support guns and gun rights, but this guy is just a dipshit...
__________________
'11 BMW E92 ///M3 - ZCP and DCT
'13 Toyota Tundra - 4x4 Platinum CrewMax, 5.7l iForce V8
Templar is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-18-2012, 05:48 PM   #7
E90SoFlo
Banned
 
Drives: E90 335i
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Naples, FL

Posts: 2,675
iTrader: (9)

I don't see anywhere it says "shooting" in Nugents message.

Silly ObamaFanBoi's
E90SoFlo is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-18-2012, 06:52 PM   #8
xbook
Lieutenant Colonel
 
xbook's Avatar
 
Drives: '14 EBII M235i & '06 R53 GP
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Northridge, CA

Posts: 1,536
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 E82  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by E90SoFlo View Post
I don't see anywhere it says "shooting" in Nugents message.

Silly ObamaFanBoi's
"It isn’t the enemy that ruined America. It’s good people who bent over and let the enemy in," he said. "If the coyote’s in your living room pissing on your couch, it’s not the coyote’s fault. It’s your fault for not shooting him."

Oh yeah, you're the person who suggested that people that stand up for their rights are uneducated, I remember you.
__________________
xbook is offline   Zimbabwe
0
Reply With Quote
      04-18-2012, 07:17 PM   #9
OldArmy
Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2007 Z4 3.0si
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Central Virginia

Posts: 523
iTrader: (0)

Is anyone here actually concerned about the opinion of a whacked out guitarist? Celebrities are just famous, not creatures of substance or merit. Chill.
OldArmy is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-18-2012, 07:21 PM   #10
ScotchAndCigar
Banned
 
ScotchAndCigar's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 128i space gray vert
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: New England

Posts: 817
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90SoFlo View Post
I don't see anywhere it says "shooting" in Nugents message.

Silly ObamaFanBoi's
. It's the gay-basher chiming in on the wrong side of things, again. So what do you think "chop their heads off" meant? And why would he either be dead or in jail? Is that our fault too? This makes you a terrorist sympathizer. They should send you to Guantanomo and let you rot. Or maybe you'd be better just going away.
ScotchAndCigar is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-18-2012, 07:25 PM   #11
ScotchAndCigar
Banned
 
ScotchAndCigar's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 128i space gray vert
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: New England

Posts: 817
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldArmy View Post
Is anyone here actually concerned about the opinion of a whacked out guitarist? Celebrities are just famous, not creatures of substance or merit. Chill.
For an "army guy", you sure can't distinguish an opinion from a threat of violence. Makes you pretty useless, methinks.
ScotchAndCigar is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-18-2012, 07:30 PM   #12
xbook
Lieutenant Colonel
 
xbook's Avatar
 
Drives: '14 EBII M235i & '06 R53 GP
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Northridge, CA

Posts: 1,536
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 E82  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldArmy View Post
Is anyone here actually concerned about the opinion of a whacked out guitarist? Celebrities are just famous, not creatures of substance or merit. Chill.
When we have congress people being shot down in public, yes I am concerned about someone in the public expressing these violent thoughts. it is a FELONY to threaten the life of the president, whether you agree or disagree with his policies. Civil discourse is far better than suggesting people get killed.
__________________
xbook is offline   Zimbabwe
0
Reply With Quote
      04-19-2012, 04:21 AM   #13
OldArmy
Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2007 Z4 3.0si
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Central Virginia

Posts: 523
iTrader: (0)

So I guess you guys think that Nugent is an actual danger to the president? That's just silly. And the S.S. must feel the same since he's not in custody. There's plenty in this world to be afraid of, don't have to make stuff up.
OldArmy is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-19-2012, 05:52 AM   #14
ideliver
Major
 
ideliver's Avatar
 
Drives: 08 E60 M5 & 08 Infiniti QX56
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: At the gas station

Posts: 1,232
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2006 MB S430 SOLD  [0.00]
2003 E46 M3  [0.00]
I am no supporter of President Obama. I think he's failed in advancing his parties agenda. He could have repealed the Bush era tax cuts and got "Medicare for all" in his first two years. I think he's deficient in his understanding of basic economic principles.

That being said, I try to preface his name with the title 'president' because he's earned that title. He still is our leader.

He does not deserve the hateful personal words that threaten violence. No one does. Defending such language is dangerous and wrong. I can't believe there can be 2 sides to this discussion.

Further, the fact that Ted Nugget Is given a national voice, is an embarrassment.
__________________
Cars I've owned '76 Chevelle 350 RIP '82 Monte Carlo 350 RIP '82 Mustang 302 RIP '88 Honda CRX RIP '88 Olds Toronado sold '94 Toyota Tercel sold '99 Acura TL sold 2002 Porsche 911 sold 2003 E46 M3 Blk/gr 2006 MB S430 sold Current: 2008 Infiniti QX56 & 2008 E60 M5

ideliver is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-19-2012, 08:56 AM   #15
xbook
Lieutenant Colonel
 
xbook's Avatar
 
Drives: '14 EBII M235i & '06 R53 GP
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Northridge, CA

Posts: 1,536
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 E82  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ideliver View Post
I am no supporter of President Obama. I think he's failed in advancing his parties agenda. He could have repealed the Bush era tax cuts and got "Medicare for all" in his first two years. I think he's deficient in his understanding of basic economic principles.

That being said, I try to preface his name with the title 'president' because he's earned that title. He still is our leader.

He does not deserve the hateful personal words that threaten violence. No one does. Defending such language is dangerous and wrong. I can't believe there can be 2 sides to this discussion.

Further, the fact that Ted Nugget Is given a national voice, is an embarrassment.
Well said iDeliver.
__________________
xbook is offline   Zimbabwe
0
Reply With Quote
      04-19-2012, 01:52 PM   #16
Templar
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Templar's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 E92 M3
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: One of the coasts...

Posts: 1,816
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldArmy View Post
Is anyone here actually concerned about the opinion of a whacked out guitarist? Celebrities are just famous, not creatures of substance or merit. Chill.
All you need to do is take a look at the youth of America. Dressing up like Snooki on Halloween shows you how bad people are.

People take what celebrities say to heart, whether you believe it or not. I'm not saying they should, because they certainly shouldn't, but people do. For that reason, celebrities should be careful of what they say. Spouting violent nonsense like he did isn't just wrong, it is downright criminal. The level of attention he gets (good or bad) means that his words get out there to those who very well may listen to him. The threat does have some credibility to it, likely not from Nugent himself, but from some of the crazy people out there that idolize him and will follow through on his threats for him.
__________________
'11 BMW E92 ///M3 - ZCP and DCT
'13 Toyota Tundra - 4x4 Platinum CrewMax, 5.7l iForce V8
Templar is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-19-2012, 02:13 PM   #17
ScotchAndCigar
Banned
 
ScotchAndCigar's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 128i space gray vert
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: New England

Posts: 817
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldArmy View Post
So I guess you guys think that Nugent is an actual danger to the president? That's just silly. And the S.S. must feel the same since he's not in custody. There's plenty in this world to be afraid of, don't have to make stuff up.
Yeah, such as people like Jared Lee Laughner.
ScotchAndCigar is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-19-2012, 04:22 PM   #18
991GT3
Captain
 
991GT3's Avatar
 
Drives: Cayenne Turbo
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: North Dakota

Posts: 738
iTrader: (0)

What a bunch of faux outrage. Where were these people during the eight years of the Bush administration?
__________________
-2011 Cayenne Turbo
-2012 Cayenne Turbo
-2013 VelociRaptor 600
991GT3 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-19-2012, 06:21 PM   #19
35iDriver
Private First Class
 
Drives: 2009 Z4 sDrive 35i
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: USA

Posts: 167
iTrader: (0)

The press and everyone else needs to stop twisting the idiotic words of this celebrity into a threat against Obama and start focusing on real news, or those that pose a real threat to the US or Obama.

Last time I checked, a celebrity has never attempted to or actually caused any physical harm to a president of the US.
This is always the work of some nobody with a screw lose. The celebrities with a screw lose are harmless towards the president.

Last edited by 35iDriver; 04-19-2012 at 06:28 PM.
35iDriver is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-19-2012, 06:55 PM   #20
OldArmy
Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2007 Z4 3.0si
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Central Virginia

Posts: 523
iTrader: (0)

From the Secret Service--

"The Secret Service interview of Ted Nugent has been completed," agency spokesman Brian Leary said. "The issue has been resolved. The Secret Service does not anticipate any further action."

And a truly witless statement from the leader of the dem party--

U.S. Representative Debbie Wasserman Schultz, chairwoman of the Democratic National Convention, responded earlier this week, saying "threatening violence - or whatever it is that Nugent's threatening - is clearly beyond the pale."

Sounds like it safe now.
OldArmy is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-20-2012, 01:33 PM   #21
mspeasl
Sixties Drag Racer
 
mspeasl's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Cashmere Silver 528i
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Decatur, IL - USA

Posts: 410
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 35iDriver View Post

Last time I checked, a celebrity has never attempted to or actually caused any physical harm to a president of the US.
I'm from Illinois and the name Booth rings a bell to me.
__________________
Mspeasl - Central Illinois - USA :
My Garage: 2011 - Cashmere Silver Metallic BMW, 528i (Delivered 17 January 2011)
2008 - Radiant Red Toyota, M6 'X-Runner' (Delivered 15 November 2007)
1957 - Chevrolet Bel Air 2dr Coupe' Drag Car (2nd Owner since 1964)
1947 - Chevrolet Sport Master Coupe' Street Rod (2nd Owner since 1974)
mspeasl is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-20-2012, 02:25 PM   #22
txz4
Major
 
txz4's Avatar
 
Drives: 2006 M coupe
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: san antonio, texas

Posts: 1,098
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mspeasl View Post
I'm from Illinois and the name Booth rings a bell to me.
^ good point
txz4 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:07 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST