E90Post

PYSPEED

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion > Nugent's Violent Rhetoric

04-18-2012, 10:23 AM   #1
xbook
Lieutenant Colonel

Drives: '14 EBII M235i & '06 R53 GP

Garage List
2008 E82  [0.00]
Nugent's Violent Rhetoric

Ted Nugent has gone and shouted his brand of conservatism from the hilltop again, but this time it has gone a little too far. Implying that President Obama needs to be shot, and that the Democrats need their heads cut off in november.

Ted Nugent Speaks @ NRA Convention

Back in 2003 when the Iraq war started, the Dixie Chicks were ripped apart by the GOP for expressing that they didn't support what President Bush was doing. They didn't express their views in a violent manner, they said that they were ashamed the President was from Texas. Not terribly offensive when it comes to war protest slogans.

Now here we have an entertainer comparing the President to a coyote that needs to be shot. Violent rhetoric that can be construed as him making threats towards the President. Especially with comments like "I'm going to be dead or in jail this time next year" peppered in for extra flavor.

Where is the GOP rebuking this guy's statements?
      04-18-2012, 12:10 PM   #2
ScotchAndCigar
Banned

Drives: 2011 128i space gray vert

Quote:
Originally Posted by xbook View Post
I'm sure this will earn him another guest spot on the Hannity show.
ScotchAndCigar is offline   United_States
      04-18-2012, 12:50 PM   #3
ideliver
Major

Drives: 08 E60 M5 & 08 Infiniti QX56

Garage List
2006 MB S430 SOLD  [0.00]
2003 E46 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
The same place the Dem's are on any of the non-sense that any "celeb" says...

Why is this country so obcessed with celebrity??? It's pathetic...

BTW...if any of us said that crap...we would be arrested first...then questioned...such is life for us common folk...

it is time for us to realize that the classes are not rich and poor...but ruling class and ruled class...and we are all the later
Cars I've owned '76 Chevelle 350 RIP '82 Monte Carlo 350 RIP '82 Mustang 302 RIP '88 Honda CRX RIP '88 Olds Toronado sold '94 Toyota Tercel sold '99 Acura TL sold 2002 Porsche 911 sold 2003 E46 M3 Blk/gr 2006 MB S430 sold Current: 2008 Infiniti QX56 & 2008 E60 M5

04-18-2012, 01:17 PM   #4
xbook
Lieutenant Colonel

Garage List
2008 E82  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ideliver View Post
The same place the Dem's are on any of the non-sense that any "celeb" says...

Why is this country so obcessed with celebrity??? It's pathetic...

BTW...if any of us said that crap...we would be arrested first...then questioned...such is life for us common folk...

it is time for us to realize that the classes are not rich and poor...but ruling class and ruled class...and we are all the later
This isn't about being obsessed about a celebrity. This is specifically about someone who openly suggested violence against the president, that shouldn't be looked at lightly. This type of violent rhetoric needs to stop.

And I agree, If I went out and said something similar to what he said, I'd be seeing my wife from behind plexiglass from now on. If I'm lucky.
      04-18-2012, 02:02 PM   #5
txz4
Major

Drives: 2006 M coupe

Quote:
Ted Nugent has gone and shouted his brand of conservatism from the hilltop again, but this time it has gone a little too far. Implying that President Obama needs to be shot, and that the Democrats need their heads cut off in november.

Ted Nugent Speaks @ NRA Convention

Back in 2003 when the Iraq war started, the Dixie Chicks were ripped apart by the GOP for expressing that they didn't support what President Bush was doing. They didn't express their views in a violent manner, they said that they were ashamed the President was from Texas. Not terribly offensive when it comes to war protest slogans.

Now here we have an entertainer comparing the President to a coyote that needs to be shot. Violent rhetoric that can be construed as him making threats towards the President. Especially with comments like "I'm going to be dead or in jail this time next year" peppered in for extra flavor.

Didnt see or hear that part about implying beheading? Though i agree, the Nuge needs to bring the crazy in.
      04-18-2012, 02:55 PM   #6
Templar
Lieutenant Colonel

Drives: 2011 E92 M3

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by txz4 View Post
Didnt see or hear that part about implying beheading? Though i agree, the Nuge needs to bring the crazy in.
He said exactly that, that Repubs need to cut their heads off. Sure, it was a metaphor, but a poorly spoken metaphor. He's an idiot anyway, and gives human beings a bad name.

I support guns and gun rights, but this guy is just a dipshit...
      04-18-2012, 05:48 PM   #7
E90SoFlo
Banned

Drives: E90 335i

I don't see anywhere it says "shooting" in Nugents message.

Silly ObamaFanBoi's
      04-18-2012, 06:52 PM   #8
xbook
Lieutenant Colonel

Garage List
2008 E82  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by E90SoFlo View Post

Silly ObamaFanBoi's
"It isn’t the enemy that ruined America. It’s good people who bent over and let the enemy in," he said. "If the coyote’s in your living room pissing on your couch, it’s not the coyote’s fault. It’s your fault for not shooting him."

Oh yeah, you're the person who suggested that people that stand up for their rights are uneducated, I remember you.
      04-18-2012, 07:17 PM   #9
OldArmy
Lieutenant

Drives: 2007 Z4 3.0si

Is anyone here actually concerned about the opinion of a whacked out guitarist? Celebrities are just famous, not creatures of substance or merit. Chill.
OldArmy is offline   United_States
      04-18-2012, 07:21 PM   #10
ScotchAndCigar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90SoFlo View Post

Silly ObamaFanBoi's
. It's the gay-basher chiming in on the wrong side of things, again. So what do you think "chop their heads off" meant? And why would he either be dead or in jail? Is that our fault too? This makes you a terrorist sympathizer. They should send you to Guantanomo and let you rot. Or maybe you'd be better just going away.
      04-18-2012, 07:25 PM   #11
ScotchAndCigar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldArmy View Post
Is anyone here actually concerned about the opinion of a whacked out guitarist? Celebrities are just famous, not creatures of substance or merit. Chill.
For an "army guy", you sure can't distinguish an opinion from a threat of violence. Makes you pretty useless, methinks.
      04-18-2012, 07:30 PM   #12
xbook
Lieutenant Colonel

Garage List
2008 E82  [0.00]
Quote:
When we have congress people being shot down in public, yes I am concerned about someone in the public expressing these violent thoughts. it is a FELONY to threaten the life of the president, whether you agree or disagree with his policies. Civil discourse is far better than suggesting people get killed.
      04-19-2012, 04:21 AM   #13
OldArmy
Lieutenant

So I guess you guys think that Nugent is an actual danger to the president? That's just silly. And the S.S. must feel the same since he's not in custody. There's plenty in this world to be afraid of, don't have to make stuff up.
      04-19-2012, 05:52 AM   #14
ideliver
Major

Drives: 08 E60 M5 & 08 Infiniti QX56

Garage List
2006 MB S430 SOLD  [0.00]
2003 E46 M3  [0.00]
I am no supporter of President Obama. I think he's failed in advancing his parties agenda. He could have repealed the Bush era tax cuts and got "Medicare for all" in his first two years. I think he's deficient in his understanding of basic economic principles.

That being said, I try to preface his name with the title 'president' because he's earned that title. He still is our leader.

He does not deserve the hateful personal words that threaten violence. No one does. Defending such language is dangerous and wrong. I can't believe there can be 2 sides to this discussion.

Further, the fact that Ted Nugget Is given a national voice, is an embarrassment.
Cars I've owned '76 Chevelle 350 RIP '82 Monte Carlo 350 RIP '82 Mustang 302 RIP '88 Honda CRX RIP '88 Olds Toronado sold '94 Toyota Tercel sold '99 Acura TL sold 2002 Porsche 911 sold 2003 E46 M3 Blk/gr 2006 MB S430 sold Current: 2008 Infiniti QX56 & 2008 E60 M5

04-19-2012, 08:56 AM   #15
xbook
Lieutenant Colonel

Garage List
2008 E82  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ideliver View Post
I am no supporter of President Obama. I think he's failed in advancing his parties agenda. He could have repealed the Bush era tax cuts and got "Medicare for all" in his first two years. I think he's deficient in his understanding of basic economic principles.

That being said, I try to preface his name with the title 'president' because he's earned that title. He still is our leader.

He does not deserve the hateful personal words that threaten violence. No one does. Defending such language is dangerous and wrong. I can't believe there can be 2 sides to this discussion.

Further, the fact that Ted Nugget Is given a national voice, is an embarrassment.
Well said iDeliver.
      04-19-2012, 01:52 PM   #16
Templar
Lieutenant Colonel

Drives: 2011 E92 M3

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [5.00]
Quote:
All you need to do is take a look at the youth of America. Dressing up like Snooki on Halloween shows you how bad people are.

People take what celebrities say to heart, whether you believe it or not. I'm not saying they should, because they certainly shouldn't, but people do. For that reason, celebrities should be careful of what they say. Spouting violent nonsense like he did isn't just wrong, it is downright criminal. The level of attention he gets (good or bad) means that his words get out there to those who very well may listen to him. The threat does have some credibility to it, likely not from Nugent himself, but from some of the crazy people out there that idolize him and will follow through on his threats for him.
      04-19-2012, 02:13 PM   #17
ScotchAndCigar
Banned

Quote:
So I guess you guys think that Nugent is an actual danger to the president? That's just silly. And the S.S. must feel the same since he's not in custody. There's plenty in this world to be afraid of, don't have to make stuff up.
Yeah, such as people like Jared Lee Laughner.
      04-19-2012, 04:22 PM   #18
991GT3
Captain

Drives: Cayenne Turbo

What a bunch of faux outrage. Where were these people during the eight years of the Bush administration?
      04-19-2012, 06:21 PM   #19
35iDriver
Private First Class

Drives: 2009 Z4 sDrive 35i

The press and everyone else needs to stop twisting the idiotic words of this celebrity into a threat against Obama and start focusing on real news, or those that pose a real threat to the US or Obama.

Last time I checked, a celebrity has never attempted to or actually caused any physical harm to a president of the US.
This is always the work of some nobody with a screw lose. The celebrities with a screw lose are harmless towards the president.

Last edited by 35iDriver; 04-19-2012 at 06:28 PM.
      04-19-2012, 06:55 PM   #20
OldArmy
Lieutenant

From the Secret Service--

"The Secret Service interview of Ted Nugent has been completed," agency spokesman Brian Leary said. "The issue has been resolved. The Secret Service does not anticipate any further action."

And a truly witless statement from the leader of the dem party--

U.S. Representative Debbie Wasserman Schultz, chairwoman of the Democratic National Convention, responded earlier this week, saying "threatening violence - or whatever it is that Nugent's threatening - is clearly beyond the pale."

Sounds like it safe now.
      04-20-2012, 01:33 PM   #21
mspeasl
Sixties Drag Racer

Drives: 2011 Cashmere Silver 528i

Quote:
Originally Posted by 35iDriver View Post

Last time I checked, a celebrity has never attempted to or actually caused any physical harm to a president of the US.
I'm from Illinois and the name Booth rings a bell to me.
1957 - Chevrolet Bel Air 2dr Coupe' Drag Car (2nd Owner since 1964)
1947 - Chevrolet Sport Master Coupe' Street Rod (2nd Owner since 1974)
mspeasl is offline   United_States
      04-20-2012, 02:25 PM   #22
txz4
Major

Drives: 2006 M coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by mspeasl View Post
I'm from Illinois and the name Booth rings a bell to me.
^ good point