E90Post

Horizon LED

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Classifieds Section > Wanted: E92 335i

04-01-2012, 02:08 AM   #1
rickyjones1209
First Lieutenant
Rep

Drives: 2008 e92 335i

Wanted: E92 335i

Well then, I'm putting the feelers out to see if any members maybe be looking to part with their 335i. It's been a long wait for me but my current car will be for sale from today and my finance will be sorted by the end of the week

So here is what I'm looking for:

Efficient Dynamics (most 57 plates and onwards I believe) e92 335i M Sport
Strictly auto only
Colour preference in this order;
White with red leather,
Black with red leather
White with black leather
Black with black leather
Would maybe consider silver or blue but would need to be perfect in every other way.
19 inch wheels (with non run flats ideally)

Spec wise the more the better I guess. I defo want satnav regardless of how good it is, defo want bluetooth and defo want usb/ipod connection.

I also know about speaker upgrades but I am a little unclear about what options are available in this respect. I've heard of Harmon Karden and Logic7 and Professional Hifi etc. Maybe someone could clarify what is available and what is best? I'd love some kind of speaker upgrade as an option but it wouldn't be a deal breaker.

I'd also love a sunroof but again wouldn't be a deal breaker.

I would like less than 50k miles with good history.

I'd like to spend 16k but will see what comes up. I can spend a little more for the right car if I need to.

I know at the moment there a few guys on here looking for 335i's and now I'm joining the list! Anyone who is thinking of maybe selling and has what I'm looking for please drop me a PM. There will be no messing about my end I've been waiting for a new car for over 2 years!

Thanks guys
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2012, 09:18 AM   #2
rickyjones1209
First Lieutenant
Rep

I was hoping for a PM saying, 'I got an 08 white 335i with red leather with 40k miles with all the options for 16k, fancy a deal'

But I know in reality that was wishful thinking lol

My trusty Renault Laguna diesel has now gone. I was actually a little sad since I've had it for over 2 years and it's cost me pretty much 0 to maintain. Sadness soon turned to excitement since I now 'need' a new car.

There are a few examples around at my budget but just not quite what I am after, too high mileage or wrong colour etc but I think I can what I'm after on my budget.....I suppose we will see.
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2012, 04:34 PM   #3
rickyjones1209
First Lieutenant
Rep

Don't suppose its anyone's on here, this is my perfect car but bit more than I can afford:

http://www.pistonheads.co.uk/sales/3830988.htm

Think I'm going to have to keep saving! Its funny how some 335i's seem in budget and some seem much more. There is defo a premium to pay for the right car.

I fear I may have to compromise somewhere. Do we think 16k-17k is reasonable for the above list of wants? I think it'll more than likely be black on my budget.
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2012, 04:40 PM   #4
rickyjones1209
First Lieutenant
Rep

this is nice too:

http://www.pistonheads.co.uk/sales/3838196.htm

thats 2 new cars for sale on pistonheads that i havent seen before this afternoon. See what I mean though, 2k difference. Ok 20k miles difference and one is black and one is white, but 2k!
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2012, 03:42 AM   #5
nicktyler
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Drives: 335i (sadly gone)

Garage List
The second one has significantly more miles on it though and the first is a rare and sought after colour combo. To me it is crazy that the M-sport commands such a premium over the SE as on the 335i I can notice little difference apart from a bit of bodywork and styling.

I was in your position and my comprimise was getting the perfect car in every other way but the SE. Also got newer car with significantly less miles and paid 2.5k less for my sins. Go figure...
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2012, 06:16 AM   #6
rickyjones1209
First Lieutenant
Rep

yeh the white one is lovely and im getting to the point where i might sell some of my shares to get an extra couple of grand. even then though id be looking at spending 18k.

if the white one is still for sale this time next month it might be worth a cheeky offer.
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2012, 06:29 AM   #7
idnan
Major
England
Rep

Drives: Alpine White 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickyjones1209 View Post
Don't suppose its anyone's on here, this is my perfect car but bit more than I can afford:

http://www.pistonheads.co.uk/sales/3830988.htm

Think I'm going to have to keep saving! Its funny how some 335i's seem in budget and some seem much more. There is defo a premium to pay for the right car.

I fear I may have to compromise somewhere. Do we think 16k-17k is reasonable for the above list of wants? I think it'll more than likely be black on my budget.
That is similar spec and colour to mine but I have black leather, sunroof and mine is a manual with the newer idrive. However I paid only 500 more than 18 months ago and there has been massive drop in prices not to mention mine was newer and had 1yr warranty.

I'm sure you'll find something in your budget soon.
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2012, 06:38 AM   #8
rickyjones1209
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by idnan View Post
That is similar spec and colour to mine but I have black leather, sunroof and mine is a manual with the newer idrive. However I paid only 500 more than 18 months ago and there has been massive drop in prices not to mention mine was newer and had 1yr warranty.

I'm sure you'll find something in your budget soon.
Ive just dropped him a text saying that although itl be end of may or start of june before im ready to buy id be interested if he still had it for sale but it would need to be cheaper.

He hasnt text back yet but doesn't matter I guess. Itll probably sell between now and then and I'm sure something will come up nearer the time. Just really love white with red leather. I'd really like red leather but I know I'll end up buying even if its hasnt. Not too fond of cream leather though.

I seem to be forever pushing my purchase back but I know the wait will be worth it. Defo 100% be ready by the start of june!
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2012, 06:56 AM   #9
rickyjones1209
First Lieutenant
Rep

Well I had a text back saying that he is not in a rush to sell but would let it go for 18.5k. That was an easy 1k saving so if no one coughs up the cash in the next 6 weeks maybe il have a good chance of getting a good deal on it.

Wishful thinking perhaps but i suppose we will see what happens....
Appreciate 0