E90Post
 


Extreme Power House
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > UTStarcom 6700 bluetooth compatibility?



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      03-28-2006, 03:32 PM   #1
thunderbirdsarego
Private
 
Drives: 330xi
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Vancouver

Posts: 90
iTrader: (0)

UTStarcom 6700 bluetooth compatibility?

Hi,

Has anyone had any experience pairing this phone:
http://telusmobility.com/bc/pcs/hand...com_6700.shtml

With the E90? I pickd on up yesterday and was unable to pair it this morning. I follwed the instructions but the car didn't seem to find it?


Cheers,
Mike
thunderbirdsarego is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-29-2006, 04:48 AM   #2
iDriveFast
Registered
 
Drives: 06 Titanium Silver 330i
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Arizona

Posts: 2
iTrader: (0)

I have paired the sprint ppc-6700 which looks like the same phone

I have successfully paired the ppc 6700 which looks the same as that. Assuming your phone is also running windows mobile 2005. I can't get the address book / contacts to work. I can voice dial and call numbers stored in the redial list, hoping to find something to make it work better in the future.

Try the following steps



1. Press windows key
2. go to settings option
3. Then select the connections tab at the bottom of screen
4. Select Bluetooth
5. Make sure the Turn on Bluetooth and Make this device discoverable to other devices checkboxes are checked.

These parts are from memory below
6. go to the i drive i menu option, select communications (think thats what it is called)
7. Try to find bluetooth settings, make sure that is is enabled.
8. go the section also under bluetooth where it says something like devices connected.
9.grab your cell phone and get back to the blutooth section following steps 1 to 5 and then select the devices tab on your phone.
10. Select new partnership
11. It will scan for the bmw device. Should find it and say bmwXXXX.
12. Select it and click next.
13. It should prompt you for a passcode.
14. Look at your nav screen in the car and it should say a device is trying to connect, click the accept or allow option, and then enter the same passcode as you did on the phone.
15. Confrim the passcode, this took me a couple times to move the idrive wheel in the right direction to highlight the confrim/accept option.
16. Once confirmed your device should be listed in the window, mine says my name.
17. You are done.

Good luck. Let me know if this helps.
iDriveFast is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-01-2006, 08:32 PM   #3
ronline
New Member
 
Drives: 08 528i
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Hollywood

Posts: 21
iTrader: (0)

Sprint 6700

I got mine to work also.
I had the ppc-6600 before and it worked also, but would only show the telephone number on the idrive screen when a call came in.

The 6700, transfers my address book to the car, and will display the name and number when I get a call that comes in.

Only problem, I have to keep pairing the phone with the car, seems not to hold after I turn the car off for a little while, then back on.
ronline is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-01-2006, 11:54 PM   #4
iDriveFast
Registered
 
Drives: 06 Titanium Silver 330i
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Arizona

Posts: 2
iTrader: (0)

ppc 6700 phone book?

Ronline, your phone book tranfers, is that a PPC-6700 that you have?

If so, did you do anything special to make it transfer?


Thanks

Tory
iDriveFast is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-02-2006, 11:33 PM   #5
ronline
New Member
 
Drives: 08 528i
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Hollywood

Posts: 21
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDriveFast
Ronline, your phone book tranfers, is that a PPC-6700 that you have?

If so, did you do anything special to make it transfer?


Thanks

Tory
I didn't do anything special to transfer the numbers.
The ppc-6600 would not do it, but the 6700 will.
It's cool, I can now use the voice system in the car to dial a number by name.
The only bad thing, is that I have to keep paring my phone when I get out the car.
If I get out the car for a couple minutes, the phone stays paired, if its a couple of hours, I have to pair the phone back up with the car.
ronline is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-16-2006, 12:54 AM   #6
330ionMaui
Let's See...Bimmer or Lotus today?
 
Drives: 2006 330i TiAg ZSP, ZPP
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Hawaii

Posts: 30
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronline
I didn't do anything special to transfer the numbers.
The ppc-6600 would not do it, but the 6700 will.
It's cool, I can now use the voice system in the car to dial a number by name.
The only bad thing, is that I have to keep paring my phone when I get out the car.
If I get out the car for a couple minutes, the phone stays paired, if its a couple of hours, I have to pair the phone back up with the car.
Were you able to resolve this unpairing/re-pairing problem? I am having the same problem not only with bluetooth in the car but also with the headset. If the phone is away from either the car or the headset for any length of time, the devices have to be re-paired. What a pain in the ass!
330ionMaui is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-17-2006, 04:54 PM   #7
BmwOwnsMe
Second Lieutenant
 
BmwOwnsMe's Avatar
 
Drives: 2006 325 xi
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Bergenfield, NJ

Posts: 259
iTrader: (0)

bump. Anyone successfully pair this phone along with the phonebook for more than a couple of hours?
BmwOwnsMe is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-19-2006, 05:37 PM   #8
BmwOwnsMe
Second Lieutenant
 
BmwOwnsMe's Avatar
 
Drives: 2006 325 xi
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Bergenfield, NJ

Posts: 259
iTrader: (0)

bump hey guys I have successfully paired my 6700 using the above directions. phonebook works beautifully.
BmwOwnsMe is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-24-2006, 02:00 AM   #9
330ionMaui
Let's See...Bimmer or Lotus today?
 
Drives: 2006 330i TiAg ZSP, ZPP
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Hawaii

Posts: 30
iTrader: (0)

Try Soft-Reset

When I pair my phone with the car the BT and phone book transfer works perfectly, but I have the same problem with the phone not reconnecting with the car when apart for any length of time. Apparently it is a known problem with BMWs that the phone manufacturer, Audiovox is aware of. Hopefully there will be a software update in the near future which will fix the problem. Instead of re-pairing the phone, you can simply "soft reset" the phone eveyrtime you return to your car. Kind of sucks but the myriad of other features of the phone more than make up for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronline
I got mine to work also.
I had the ppc-6600 before and it worked also, but would only show the telephone number on the idrive screen when a call came in.

The 6700, transfers my address book to the car, and will display the name and number when I get a call that comes in.

Only problem, I have to keep pairing the phone with the car, seems not to hold after I turn the car off for a little while, then back on.
330ionMaui is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-06-2007, 05:19 PM   #10
WAYNEBO
Captain
 
WAYNEBO's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 335i
Join Date: May 2007
Location: SoCal

Posts: 670
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 330ionMaui View Post
Were you able to resolve this unpairing/re-pairing problem? I am having the same problem not only with bluetooth in the car but also with the headset. If the phone is away from either the car or the headset for any length of time, the devices have to be re-paired. What a pain in the ass!
I have the same F'ing problem.... I'm wondering if it is the handset, since the PPC-6700 (rebadged by Sprint) has only BT 1.0.
__________________
2007 335i 6MT Coupe, Monaco Blue, RPi Ram Air Scoops, Magnaflow cat-backs, H&R Sport springs, 19" Staggered Miro LM-Rs
2000 F250 V10 Superduty 4WD, K&N intake, Banks Monster exhaust, DR 8" lift w/ Welds on 37s
WAYNEBO is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-08-2007, 06:59 PM   #11
msimon18
Retired
 
msimon18's Avatar
 
Drives: Z4 s30i
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: The Villages, FL

Posts: 868
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Folks,

I have the same phone (PPC-6700) and have had the same issues. Two days ago I loaded Jetware Mobile (a $!4.95 program) that seems to take over the Bluetooth functionality on the phone and it has worked PERFECTLY ever since. Additionally, you get signal strength indicated on the screen next to the Bluetooth antenna symbol.

So far so good. www.jetwaremobile.com - they have a trial version you can download.

BTW - the 6700 phone has many other issues that could effect BT operation. For example the BT functions randomly work differently depending on whether the unit ON, OFF or in STANDBY (backlight off but unit on). Several folks I know have issues where it works differnetly each time you try to pair.

Good luck - hope this helps.
__________________

M3 GTR - 1/5 scale - 4.2 HP w/ Collari hydraulic brakes - would you believe ~80 MPH on straightaway !!
msimon18 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-14-2007, 10:47 PM   #12
Cabby
Private First Class
 
Drives: 2007 335i
Join Date: May 2007
Location: JAX

Posts: 185
iTrader: (0)

I also have a 6700 and have to pair every time I get in the car, really annoying...

I also find that my BT on the phone likes to turn itself off for no reason randomly.
Cabby is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-14-2007, 10:51 PM   #13
Cabby
Private First Class
 
Drives: 2007 335i
Join Date: May 2007
Location: JAX

Posts: 185
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by msimon18 View Post
Folks,

I have the same phone (PPC-6700) and have had the same issues. Two days ago I loaded Jetware Mobile (a $!4.95 program) that seems to take over the Bluetooth functionality on the phone and it has worked PERFECTLY ever since. Additionally, you get signal strength indicated on the screen next to the Bluetooth antenna symbol.

So far so good. www.jetwaremobile.com - they have a trial version you can download.

BTW - the 6700 phone has many other issues that could effect BT operation. For example the BT functions randomly work differently depending on whether the unit ON, OFF or in STANDBY (backlight off but unit on). Several folks I know have issues where it works differnetly each time you try to pair.

Good luck - hope this helps.

Can you still dial by name? Their spreadsheet indicates this isnt supported for some reason? What is BMW ULF?
Cabby is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-15-2007, 10:40 AM   #14
msimon18
Retired
 
msimon18's Avatar
 
Drives: Z4 s30i
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: The Villages, FL

Posts: 868
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Cabby,

YES - I do it all the time. You just have to remember to NOT turn the PDA function off - just the backlight or else the pairing will be lost. Seems that for a standard bluetooh earpiece it does not matter if the PDA is off or on but to transfer the phone directory and get proper bluetooth operartion when paired in the car the PDA MUST BE ON.
__________________

M3 GTR - 1/5 scale - 4.2 HP w/ Collari hydraulic brakes - would you believe ~80 MPH on straightaway !!
msimon18 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-15-2007, 07:02 PM   #15
Cabby
Private First Class
 
Drives: 2007 335i
Join Date: May 2007
Location: JAX

Posts: 185
iTrader: (0)

I had a chance to test today after loading the software, and I have to thank you. This little program has solved all my problems, it's great!!

Bluetooth worked right away, no re-pairing, and has worked everytime since and I do get the signal strength and a little triangle when I'm roaming.

It's fantastic, thank you so much for this info!!

Cabby is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-16-2007, 08:14 AM   #16
msimon18
Retired
 
msimon18's Avatar
 
Drives: Z4 s30i
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: The Villages, FL

Posts: 868
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
glad to help !!
__________________

M3 GTR - 1/5 scale - 4.2 HP w/ Collari hydraulic brakes - would you believe ~80 MPH on straightaway !!
msimon18 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:16 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST