E90Post
 


TireRack
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Import Showdown 2012 May - COBB Stage2+FMIC V401



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      05-20-2012, 03:27 PM   #1
gogunbaba
Private First Class
United_States
2
Rep
176
Posts

Drives: 08 335I E90
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Nashville

iTrader: (6)

Import Showdown 2012 May - COBB Stage2+FMIC V401

My very first time out on an actual 1/4 mile drag strip. I have couple of years of motorcycle racing experience with WERA. This is my very first Auto car as I have been driving stick shift cars for 20 years. I wanted to go out there and see what my car can do. I was on 19" Style 313s 235/35/19 - 265/30/19 on HANKOOK ventus V12s. I had 4 runs. My first run was 12.6 and trapped at 111 mph. Last run was against a Supra (how I got eliminated) and I ran 12.54 trapping at 111mph. The purpose of this thread is to share my experience on the track regarding the tune I am using, my intention is not to start another "which tune is better?" thread.

I launched @ 2000 rpm in my first few runs and tried 2300 RPM on my last run which was against a Supra (don't know the mods of the Supra other than DOT drag radials).

My car has ETS 5" FMIC, VRSF down pipes, AFE DCI and COBB AP. I am not sure If my car's trap speed is normal considering the mods I have but I had 4 runs and trapped at 111 mph on all of them.

Here are the videos,

against 335IS

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UBUWvVAEccI

against Supra (how I got eliminated)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_q6pCkyuXDc
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2012, 04:26 PM   #2
D_Smiderreen
Banned
United_States
4
Rep
157
Posts

Drives: Please delete my account
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: please delete my account

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gogunbaba View Post
My very first time out on an actual 1/4 mile drag strip. I have couple of years of motorcycle racing experience with WERA. This is my very first Auto car as I have been driving stick shift cars for 20 years. I wanted to go out there and see what my car can do. I was on 19" Style 313s 235/35/19 - 265/30/19 on HANKOOK ventus V12s. I had 4 runs. My first run was 12.6 and trapped at 111 mph. Last run was against a Supra (how I got eliminated) and I ran 12.54 trapping at 111mph. The purpose of this thread is to share my experience on the track regarding the tune I am using, my intention is not to start another "which tune is better?" thread.

I launched @ 2000 rpm in my first few runs and tried 2300 RPM on my last run which was against a Supra (don't know the mods of the Supra other than DOT drag radials).

My car has ETS 5" FMIC, VRSF down pipes, AFE DCI and COBB AP. I am not sure If my car's trap speed is normal considering the mods I have but I had 4 runs and trapped at 111 mph on all of them.

Here are the videos,

against 335IS

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UBUWvVAEccI

against Supra (how I got eliminated)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_q6pCkyuXDc
What was your RT and 60? Post a time slip if you can.

Last edited by D_Smiderreen; 05-20-2012 at 04:27 PM. Reason: sp
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2012, 04:48 PM   #3
easy2speed
Second Lieutenant
easy2speed's Avatar
11
Rep
212
Posts

Drives: 14 GT-R and 997 Turbo
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Montgomery, AL

iTrader: (1)

I saw pics of your car from the event. It looked great. I wish I could have made it, but I had to work. I'll be at the Import Showdown in Montgomery on June 23rd if you are going to make it to that one. I'm sure the heat was hurting you some. Were you on 93 octane?
__________________
'14 GT-R
'07 997 Turbo 6mt - 688whp and 761wtq
'01 996 Turbo 6mt
'14 CTS-V Sedan
'13 X6 3.5i
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2012, 05:12 PM   #4
gogunbaba
Private First Class
United_States
2
Rep
176
Posts

Drives: 08 335I E90
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Nashville

iTrader: (6)

time slip for the run with 335IS.



easy2speed,

I have been using Shell 93 since I purchased my car (the car currently has 15k miles). Yes, I am planning to be in Montgomery.
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2012, 06:27 PM   #5
type rrr
Second Lieutenant
type rrr's Avatar
3
Rep
232
Posts

Drives: 335i coupe
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: montreal canada

iTrader: (0)

great !!! im running about the same mods !!!,but never went below 12.70
__________________
2007 335i coupe AT-- I80AS--FBO -stock turbos--COBB v402 beta stage 2 + ATR-- NITTO'S 275-40-17 NT05R --- 12.025 @ 120 mph -- full weight
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2012, 06:46 PM   #6
easy2speed
Second Lieutenant
easy2speed's Avatar
11
Rep
212
Posts

Drives: 14 GT-R and 997 Turbo
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Montgomery, AL

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gogunbaba View Post
time slip for the run with 335IS.



easy2speed,

I have been using Shell 93 since I purchased my car (the car currently has 15k miles). Yes, I am planning to be in Montgomery.
I was just curious if you were on race fuel or not. Your times seem about right for how hot is was yesterday. I look forward to meeting you at the Montgomery event.
__________________
'14 GT-R
'07 997 Turbo 6mt - 688whp and 761wtq
'01 996 Turbo 6mt
'14 CTS-V Sedan
'13 X6 3.5i
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2012, 07:14 PM   #7
EJ_3
Colonel
EJ_3's Avatar
United_States
171
Rep
2,707
Posts

Drives: e92 335i, e34 525i & e60 530i
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: N Las Vegas

iTrader: (13)

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [4.17]
1994 BMW 525i  [5.00]
2007 BMW 530i  [4.33]
Nice videos and runs, hopefully I'll make the next one in June.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2012, 01:44 PM   #8
AU335i
Captain
AU335i's Avatar
22
Rep
886
Posts

Drives: 2008 335i E92
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Auburn, AL

iTrader: (3)

are you launching in 2nd?
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2012, 06:45 PM   #9
gogunbaba
Private First Class
United_States
2
Rep
176
Posts

Drives: 08 335I E90
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Nashville

iTrader: (6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AU335i View Post
are you launching in 2nd?
yes.
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2012, 06:57 PM   #10
nafoo
Major
nafoo's Avatar
United_States
18
Rep
1,146
Posts

Drives: Boosted Bimmer
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Earth

iTrader: (15)

Nice, I ran a 13.0 at 111mph with a 1.98 60' last Friday. I need to learn to shift as fast as a AT =(
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2012, 07:24 PM   #11
gogunbaba
Private First Class
United_States
2
Rep
176
Posts

Drives: 08 335I E90
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Nashville

iTrader: (6)

does anyone know the best time that was posted on a 335 with COBB tune using stage2+FMIC?
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2012, 07:53 PM   #12
D_Smiderreen
Banned
United_States
4
Rep
157
Posts

Drives: Please delete my account
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: please delete my account

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gogunbaba View Post
does anyone know the best time that was posted on a 335 with COBB tune using stage2+FMIC?
Off topic - I raced in WERA (600cc Class) a few weekends at Summit Point….CCS was my home. I've also done a few track days at Road Atlanta, which is by far one of my favorite tracks.

On-topic - The best I've run is 12.67 @ 116 with 6AT, jb4 map 7, race gas and dci.
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2012, 09:23 PM   #13
type rrr
Second Lieutenant
type rrr's Avatar
3
Rep
232
Posts

Drives: 335i coupe
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: montreal canada

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gogunbaba View Post
does anyone know the best time that was posted on a 335 with COBB tune using stage2+FMIC?
i did 12.706 @ 113.69 on v401
launchin in first gear
__________________
2007 335i coupe AT-- I80AS--FBO -stock turbos--COBB v402 beta stage 2 + ATR-- NITTO'S 275-40-17 NT05R --- 12.025 @ 120 mph -- full weight
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2012, 09:47 PM   #14
deltalima0
Lieutenant
14
Rep
469
Posts

Drives: 335i
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: sc

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gogunbaba View Post
does anyone know the best time that was posted on a 335 with COBB tune using stage2+FMIC?
Not sure if it is the best time but I have posted vids and time slips here my best is 12.17 @118 And when I go to the track I usually trap 12.5 or less with best times in the 12.2's mostly 116 or less in speed.

Cobb stg2+ aggressive map 93 octane mods: Cp-e FMIC, AR catless dp's, BMS DCI's and Dinan axle back exhaust.

Looking for more pics of slips if i find i will post more.
Attached Images
  
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2012, 09:57 PM   #15
BuraQ
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
BuraQ's Avatar
United_States
121
Rep
3,551
Posts


Drives: 11" E92 335is / 12" E89 Z4
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Florida

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
^ very nice
__________________
BQ Tuning by WedgePerformance
MHD & COBB ATR Custom Tuning
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:48 AM.




e90post
e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST