E90Post
 


TireRack
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Possible future BMW owner here - I have some questions (335i coupe)



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      05-21-2012, 11:36 PM   #1
EndOfAnEra
Lieutenant
EndOfAnEra's Avatar
United_States
9
Rep
488
Posts

 
Drives: 07 328i E92
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Tampa, FL

iTrader: (5)

Send a message via Yahoo to EndOfAnEra
Thumbs up Possible future BMW owner here - I have some questions (335i coupe)

First of all hello E90post. I'm coming to you guys for some info. I have never owned anything german before, so all of this is new to me. I've been searching the boards for a week or so, and have been doing a lot of google searching, but I have some questions that have not been answered. I want a 335i coupe, in either Crimson Red or Montego Blue.

1) Did BMW make the M package in red and blue for the 335i?

2) If not, did BMW make the sport package avail. for red and blue?

3)What are the differences between a regular 335i, the sport package, and the M package?

4) What is XDrive?

That's all I can think of right now. If I have any other questions, I'll add them to my list. Thanks in advance E90Post.

Last edited by EndOfAnEra; 05-22-2012 at 12:15 AM.
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2012, 11:54 PM   #2
idrift4wd
Brigadier General
45
Rep
3,378
Posts

 
Drives: Three Hundred and Thirty Five
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Yonkers NY

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2007 BMW  [3.50]
1. yes
2.yes
3. base(letherette seats)/ sport (leather/ better) better wheels/tires higher top speed, sport suspension, steeringwheel/ m package has cosmetics and rims.
4. its bmws awd.
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2012, 11:59 PM   #3
EndOfAnEra
Lieutenant
EndOfAnEra's Avatar
United_States
9
Rep
488
Posts

 
Drives: 07 328i E92
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Tampa, FL

iTrader: (5)

Send a message via Yahoo to EndOfAnEra
How rare is it to come across a crimson red 335i with the m package? I've been looking on cars.com, vehix.com, and similar places and haven't found one.
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2012, 12:57 AM   #4
idrift4wd
Brigadier General
45
Rep
3,378
Posts

 
Drives: Three Hundred and Thirty Five
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Yonkers NY

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2007 BMW  [3.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by EndOfAnEra View Post
How rare is it to come across a crimson red 335i with the m package? I've been looking on cars.com, vehix.com, and similar places and haven't found one.
Ok gave you a pretty shitty answer but, red is a rare color around the forum, id say maybe 1 or 2 out of 15 e90-e93 are red. Looks great, but not many ordered red from dealer, meaning even less on the used market. Finding a used M-sport option is very hard also. Sport package is more common. Blue's are much easier to find, but not as easy as black/white/silver/space grey.

G/L on your search, nice s2k.
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2012, 01:05 AM   #5
Catalina Wine Mixer
Lieutenant Colonel
Catalina Wine Mixer's Avatar
55
Rep
1,661
Posts

 
Drives: 09 335i Coupe White/Coral Red
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Seattle, WA

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2009 335i  [3.63]
2008 328i  [2.75]
Quote:
Originally Posted by EndOfAnEra
How rare is it to come across a crimson red 335i with the m package? I've been looking on cars.com, vehix.com, and similar places and haven't found one.
Pretty rare I would try looking on auto trader and the classified threads here too
__________________
| 09 335i Coupe | Alpine White/Coral Red | M Sport | 6mt | Premium | Logic7 | 19" Beyern Mesh | 20% Tint | LUX Angel Eyes | 5000k Fogs | Black Kidney Grill | BMS DCI | Cobb Stage 1 | M-Pedal Set | Painted Side Reflectors | Rear Lip Spoiler | Euro Front Plate | Passport 9500ix | BIM Coded |
Who is John Galt??
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2012, 05:57 AM   #6
EndOfAnEra
Lieutenant
EndOfAnEra's Avatar
United_States
9
Rep
488
Posts

 
Drives: 07 328i E92
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Tampa, FL

iTrader: (5)

Send a message via Yahoo to EndOfAnEra
Ok great! For some reason I was under the impression that the m package wasn't offered in red here in the USA. I thought I read that somewhere. I'm glad that it is offered in red, because all of my cars have been red (4 cars). I wont give up until I find one!

Thanks for the comment about my S2000. I've been parting it out over the last few weeks, sold the hardtop, etc. I really want a BMW.
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2012, 08:36 AM   #7
saxon
First Lieutenant
5
Rep
323
Posts

 
Drives: 07 335i
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: pa

iTrader: (2)

you will miss the sportiness of the s2000, I love my 335i but its far from a sports car

I chose the 335i for the comfort and the power ability

make sure you atleast get the sports package IMO the seats are worth it alone
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2012, 08:49 AM   #8
wrickem
doesn't really care
wrickem's Avatar
25
Rep
2,302
Posts

 
Drives: what he wants to
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: lambertville nj

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EndOfAnEra View Post
Ok great! For some reason I was under the impression that the m package wasn't offered in red here in the USA. I thought I read that somewhere. I'm glad that it is offered in red, because all of my cars have been red (4 cars). I wont give up until I find one!

Thanks for the comment about my S2000. I've been parting it out over the last few weeks, sold the hardtop, etc. I really want a BMW.
I am not certain about any other year coupes, but I think you may be right about M-sport and red. When I ordered my '11 E92, you COULD NOT get red with M-sport package (it was my second choice after Mojave which wasn't offered in M-sport either). If I wanted a red coupe, I'd have had to go with regular sport package or with IS, but not M-Sport.


And it still looks like you can't get either red (Crimson or Vermillion) with M-sport this year either on the BMW configurator.

good luck
__________________
______________________________________________
'14 528-xdrive - daily driver/winter beater, '06 Boxster - for fun, '07 M6- for even more fun.
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2012, 08:56 AM   #9
EndOfAnEra
Lieutenant
EndOfAnEra's Avatar
United_States
9
Rep
488
Posts

 
Drives: 07 328i E92
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Tampa, FL

iTrader: (5)

Send a message via Yahoo to EndOfAnEra
Quote:
Originally Posted by saxon View Post
you will miss the sportiness of the s2000, I love my 335i but its far from a sports car

I chose the 335i for the comfort and the power ability

make sure you atleast get the sports package IMO the seats are worth it alone
I also was interested in more power that BMW offers, I am aware though of the difference between the handling. The S2000 weighs in at about 2800lbs, while I could only imagine the BMW comes in at over 3000lbs. I think as long as I settle for the sport package or m package Ill be happy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrickem View Post
I am not certain about any other year coupes, but I think you may be right about M-sport and red. When I ordered my '11 E92, you COULD NOT get red with M-sport package (it was my second choice after Mojave which wasn't offered in M-sport either). If I wanted a red coupe, I'd have had to go with regular sport package or with IS, but not M-Sport.

good luck
So maybe it was never offered in red? Has anyone on here ever seen a 335i m package in crimson red?
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2012, 09:23 AM   #10
Coolieman1220
Banned
Trinidad_and_tobago
30
Rep
1,770
Posts

 
Drives: 2010 335d
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: New York City

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EndOfAnEra View Post
I also was interested in more power that BMW offers, I am aware though of the difference between the handling. The S2000 weighs in at about 2800lbs, while I could only imagine the BMW comes in at over 3000lbs. I think as long as I settle for the sport package or m package Ill be happy.

I have a friend who drives an AP1 S2000 and he hates BMW's. He doesn't understand that the BMW is not a pure sports car like the s2000 is.

For the extra power, he just recently supercharged it. Motor with 120k miles ad he threw a blower on it!
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2012, 11:07 PM   #11
EndOfAnEra
Lieutenant
EndOfAnEra's Avatar
United_States
9
Rep
488
Posts

 
Drives: 07 328i E92
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Tampa, FL

iTrader: (5)

Send a message via Yahoo to EndOfAnEra
Yeah, alot of people in the NY area only care about going fast in a straight line. It doesn't surprise me he supercharged it...

So has anyone seen a red 335i with the m package or a red m3? im talking about 2007 and newer.
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2012, 11:21 PM   #12
shata
Captain
shata's Avatar
United_States
13
Rep
824
Posts

 
Drives: 06 330i 6MT-ZPP/ZSP/ZCW
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: VB, VA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by idrift4wd View Post
Ok gave you a pretty shitty answer but, red is a rare color around the forum, id say maybe 1 or 2 out of 15 e90-e93 are red. Looks great, but not many ordered red from dealer, meaning even less on the used market. Finding a used M-sport option is very hard also. Sport package is more common. Blue's are much easier to find, but not as easy as black/white/silver/space grey.

G/L on your search, nice s2k.
Ya thats not going to be easy to find red m-sport, I would look in 500 mile or more radius. Look every single day across all sites. And when you see one for good price be ready to laydown a deposit immediately.

It took me 2 weeks to find my 330i with no idrive, manual, sport package, premium, cold weather and rims I wanted (style 193...i think lol) and I looked every day. I ended up flying to New jersey and then drove my baby back.
__________________
/// OEM ///
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2012, 11:23 PM   #13
idrift4wd
Brigadier General
45
Rep
3,378
Posts

 
Drives: Three Hundred and Thirty Five
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Yonkers NY

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2007 BMW  [3.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by EndOfAnEra View Post
Yeah, alot of people in the NY area only care about going fast in a straight line. It doesn't surprise me he supercharged it...

So has anyone seen a red 335i with the m package or a red m3? im talking about 2007 and newer.
actually you're right, the only M-sport e90s in red are in different countries. but blue for sure. i know they exist, because i seen pictures, but fail to recognize they are not in the US.

red m3 came out in melbourne red.
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2012, 11:33 PM   #14
EndOfAnEra
Lieutenant
EndOfAnEra's Avatar
United_States
9
Rep
488
Posts

 
Drives: 07 328i E92
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Tampa, FL

iTrader: (5)

Send a message via Yahoo to EndOfAnEra
Well, I've decided the only color I want is red, so I guess I'm going to have to find a Melbourne Red M3...

I hope I ask this right, did they make the M3 every year since they changed the style back in 2006 (I believe thats the right year)?
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2012, 11:45 PM   #15
ibarry92
Second Lieutenant
9
Rep
244
Posts

 
Drives: 2010 BMW 328xi
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: North America

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EndOfAnEra
Well, I've decided the only color I want is red, so I guess I'm going to have to find a Melbourne Red M3...

I hope I ask this right, did they make the M3 every year since they changed the style back in 2006 (I believe thats the right year)?
Someone please correct me
If I'm wrong, but I think the redesigned M3 came out in 2008 and also the later years when they added the facelift.
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:56 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST