E90Post
 


ECS BMW
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Florida > Cobb BMW AccessTUNER Pro



View Poll Results: Are you interested in a South Florida BMW Cobb Pro Tuner
Yes 17 89.47%
No 2 10.53%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      05-26-2012, 11:31 AM   #1
BuraQ
Colonel
 
BuraQ's Avatar
 
Drives: 11" E92 335is
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Florida

Posts: 2,868
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2011 BMW 335is  [2.88]
Exclamation Cobb BMW AccessTUNER Pro

Apparently there is no Cobb Pro Tuner for BMW in the state of Florida. So I will lend a helping hand here for us to have a local Cobb Pro Tuner for those using the Cobb AP.

Pricing depends on "what you want done" to the car. I was quoted $400-$600 by Pros Tuning formerly known as Japtrix Racing.

http://www.prostuning.com/

561-881-8801

They use a Mustang Dyno that I have been using for the last 4 years. They also have better fan CFM airflow compared to some other local dyno shops.

I have posted their dyno shop facility on many of my youtube videos when getting dynos done for my personal RENNtech tune

They are a Cobb authorized Pro Tuner for Mini, Nissan GT-R, and Subaru whom are now looking to bring on BMW for Pro tuning service

So I got a poll going to see who would be interested, this will help them out on the direction to take with the BMW Cobb community
__________________
AP-V3 & Cobb Protuned by PTF: (New Times Coming Soon)
RENNtech Tuning: 11.78 ET @ 116 Mph in 1/4 mile YouTube
Dinan Stage 3: 12.5 ET (Best) 111 Mph (Best) in 1/4 mile
400+ launches, 3 Driveshafts, No DCT Slippage, Flash Only

Last edited by BuraQ; 05-26-2012 at 11:44 AM.
BuraQ is online now   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-26-2012, 11:42 AM   #2
BuraQ
Colonel
 
BuraQ's Avatar
 
Drives: 11" E92 335is
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Florida

Posts: 2,868
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2011 BMW 335is  [2.88]
Forgot to add

All wheel drive cars are supported on their mustang dyno
__________________
AP-V3 & Cobb Protuned by PTF: (New Times Coming Soon)
RENNtech Tuning: 11.78 ET @ 116 Mph in 1/4 mile YouTube
Dinan Stage 3: 12.5 ET (Best) 111 Mph (Best) in 1/4 mile
400+ launches, 3 Driveshafts, No DCT Slippage, Flash Only
BuraQ is online now   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-29-2012, 10:49 AM   #3
BuraQ
Colonel
 
BuraQ's Avatar
 
Drives: 11" E92 335is
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Florida

Posts: 2,868
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2011 BMW 335is  [2.88]
Bump

I am sure there are more people using Cobb ?
__________________
AP-V3 & Cobb Protuned by PTF: (New Times Coming Soon)
RENNtech Tuning: 11.78 ET @ 116 Mph in 1/4 mile YouTube
Dinan Stage 3: 12.5 ET (Best) 111 Mph (Best) in 1/4 mile
400+ launches, 3 Driveshafts, No DCT Slippage, Flash Only
BuraQ is online now   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-29-2012, 12:59 PM   #4
JStang
N54 ADDICT
 
JStang's Avatar
 
Drives: FBO E92 335i
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: St. Petersburg, FL

Posts: 2,823
iTrader: (6)

Might be a long drive for me but if no one in the Tampa / St. Pete or even Orlando area is offering to tune, I've got to do what I've got to do.
__________________

PTF Tuned Cobb Stage 2+ | H&R/Koni Sport | BBS CH-R
JStang is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-29-2012, 01:13 PM   #5
BMVeh
First Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2006 330i
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Tampa, FL

Posts: 367
iTrader: (4)

I would def go to jap trix... we drive up from FL to go to them.. they know their stuff
__________________
06 330i SGM
BMVeh is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-30-2012, 03:23 PM   #6
Lulz_M3
Banned
 
Drives: AW 335i 6MT
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Jax, Fl

Posts: 1,029
iTrader: (0)

I'd pay for a Cobb Protune, I definately want an E85/93 tune as well as "race" maps for meth or race gas.
Lulz_M3 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-30-2012, 03:53 PM   #7
E90SoFlo
Banned
 
Drives: E90 335i
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Naples, FL

Posts: 2,675
iTrader: (9)

Ok ill bite. I vote yes. I would go

I Would want

Meth map alone
Meth + E85
E85 alone
Racegas (C16 etc)
Gas Saver map that doesn't quit at 4k like the valet mode
E90SoFlo is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-31-2012, 04:32 PM   #8
ragingpanda
Lieutenant
 
Drives: 135i
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Florida

Posts: 497
iTrader: (0)

I would be interested, but I really want to see what kind of gains can be made over a OTS Stage 2+ map.
ragingpanda is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-01-2012, 12:37 AM   #9
E90SoFlo
Banned
 
Drives: E90 335i
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Naples, FL

Posts: 2,675
iTrader: (9)

ttt
E90SoFlo is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-01-2012, 07:25 AM   #10
NBK
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: bazinga
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: bazinga

Posts: 287
iTrader: (1)

DO NOT go to pros aka japtrix aka japtricks. they have no idea what is going on.
NBK is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-01-2012, 01:51 PM   #11
BuraQ
Colonel
 
BuraQ's Avatar
 
Drives: 11" E92 335is
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Florida

Posts: 2,868
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2011 BMW 335is  [2.88]
Quote:
Originally Posted by NBK View Post
DO NOT go to pros aka japtrix aka japtricks. they have no idea what is going on.
Well it seems I have been using them for over 4 years and never had a problem with them. I believe your a damn troll...

I do know there are other tuner shops who dont like them that were once the same company and I am very aware of how ill they speak of them...but yet I go there I see them handling 100k cars with no porblems

Edit: Interesting that I have never seen this member, the reason why it seems he likes indulging in iPhone gossip and canabalism, not even a contributor to the BMW modding/tuning community
__________________
AP-V3 & Cobb Protuned by PTF: (New Times Coming Soon)
RENNtech Tuning: 11.78 ET @ 116 Mph in 1/4 mile YouTube
Dinan Stage 3: 12.5 ET (Best) 111 Mph (Best) in 1/4 mile
400+ launches, 3 Driveshafts, No DCT Slippage, Flash Only
BuraQ is online now   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-01-2012, 02:30 PM   #12
NBK
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: bazinga
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: bazinga

Posts: 287
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuraQ View Post
Well it seems I have been using them for over 4 years and never had a problem with them. I believe your a damn troll...

I do know there are other tuner shops who dont like them that were once the same company and I am very aware of how ill they speak of them...but yet I go there I see them handling 100k cars with no porblems

Edit: Interesting that I have never seen this member, the reason why it seems he likes indulging in iPhone gossip and canabalism, not even a contributor to the BMW modding/tuning community
yeah i am a troll.. i dont care if you haven't seen me before. i joined a month ago. sorry im not sorry.

what do i know anyways... other than the fact that i had my previous vehicle "tuned" at "japtricks" leading to a blown motor.

thanks jack and roger!!!!!!
NBK is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-01-2012, 03:20 PM   #13
E90SoFlo
Banned
 
Drives: E90 335i
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Naples, FL

Posts: 2,675
iTrader: (9)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NBK View Post
yeah i am a troll.. i dont care if you haven't seen me before. i joined a month ago. sorry im not sorry.

what do i know anyways... other than the fact that i had my previous vehicle "tuned" at "japtricks" leading to a blown motor.

thanks jack and roger!!!!!!
lol you called me an idio but you blew your motor.. laugh is on you

was ur last car a 98 civic?
E90SoFlo is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-01-2012, 04:37 PM   #14
NBK
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: bazinga
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: bazinga

Posts: 287
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90SoFlo View Post
lol you called me an idio but you blew your motor.. laugh is on you

was ur last car a 98 civic?
cameron, grow up. seriously!

i didn't blow my motor. japtricks blew my motor!

i can't believe how many nut huggers are here though. i could care less if you go to japtricks. you were warned with a personal experience.
NBK is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-01-2012, 04:49 PM   #15
E90SoFlo
Banned
 
Drives: E90 335i
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Naples, FL

Posts: 2,675
iTrader: (9)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NBK View Post
cameron, grow up. seriously!

i didn't blow my motor. japtricks blew my motor!

i can't believe how many nut huggers are here though. i could care less if you go to japtricks. you were warned with a personal experience.
now you want to be serious.

what was your last car?
E90SoFlo is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-03-2012, 12:18 AM   #16
Lulz_M3
Banned
 
Drives: AW 335i 6MT
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Jax, Fl

Posts: 1,029
iTrader: (0)

BuraQ, what's the word? If we can get a group buy with deposits of people who want a tune will they invest in the software? From the interest I see here I'm sure he can at least break even on his initial investment which leaves nothing but profit down the road.
Lulz_M3 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-03-2012, 11:33 AM   #17
BuraQ
Colonel
 
BuraQ's Avatar
 
Drives: 11" E92 335is
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Florida

Posts: 2,868
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2011 BMW 335is  [2.88]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lulz_M3 View Post
BuraQ, what's the word? If we can get a group buy with deposits of people who want a tune will they invest in the software? From the interest I see here I'm sure he can at least break even on his initial investment which leaves nothing but profit down the road.
Like many other Cobb tuners, the investment into the BMW community is said to be a high risk, compared to the Suburu and GT-R communities they all go running after without the slightest doubt of worry about breaking even.

However, after speaking with Japtrix on the issue, they wanted to see if there were such a demand, muchless BMW owners who are serious about doing this which is the purpose of this thread.

I sent them this thread link a week ago, and last I heard from them they will be getting the ATP. Your group buy request is surely being read by them and anything anyone posts on this thread.
BuraQ is online now   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-03-2012, 05:48 PM   #18
BoostAddict
Captain
 
BoostAddict's Avatar
 
Drives: SGM 335i
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Boynton Beach, FL

Posts: 912
iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NBK View Post
yeah i am a troll.. i dont care if you haven't seen me before. i joined a month ago. sorry im not sorry.

what do i know anyways... other than the fact that i had my previous vehicle "tuned" at "japtricks" leading to a blown motor.

thanks jack and roger!!!!!!
Good thing those people aren't involved there anymore. They opened up HP Logic.

Shop Roger, Roger Case owner of Japtrix, is the fucking man and has helped me out countless times.
__________________
I do Installs and flash tuning in South Florida
-2008 335i SGM on Terra 6mt
-1997 Jetta TDi 16v ABA Pt6266
-1997 M3 Pt6766

Last edited by BoostAddict; 06-03-2012 at 06:35 PM.
BoostAddict is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-03-2012, 06:21 PM   #19
EDM92
Colonel
 
EDM92's Avatar
 
Drives: Low&Slow
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Florida

Posts: 2,555
iTrader: (9)

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90SoFlo View Post
now you want to be serious.

what was your last car?
What does his previous car have to do with anything? You have some serious growing up to do.
__________________

Montego Blue 2007 E92 335i - ZSP / ZPP / Steptronic / Logic7
Broadway Static - CCW - Megan - Orion
Instagram: bmwforlife
EDM92 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-03-2012, 06:46 PM   #20
NBK
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: bazinga
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: bazinga

Posts: 287
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoostAddict View Post
Good thing those people aren't involved there anymore. They opened up HP Logic.

Shop Roger, Roger Case owner of Japtrix, is the fucking man and has helped me out countless times.
i think i know which roger you are talking about. the roger who is a moron is the larger roger. the small roger was very good. he knows what he is doing.

at the time of my incident, HP Logic and Japtricks was one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDM92 View Post
What does his previous car have to do with anything? You have some serious growing up to do.
thank you. i can't stand that kid.
NBK is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-03-2012, 06:55 PM   #21
BoostAddict
Captain
 
BoostAddict's Avatar
 
Drives: SGM 335i
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Boynton Beach, FL

Posts: 912
iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NBK View Post
i think i know which roger you are talking about. the roger who is a moron is the larger roger. the small roger was very good. he knows what he is doing.

at the time of my incident, HP Logic and Japtricks was one.
They did a lot of work on my 350Z back then, luckily it came out very well. Sucks that they got stuck with the stigma those guys left.
__________________
I do Installs and flash tuning in South Florida
-2008 335i SGM on Terra 6mt
-1997 Jetta TDi 16v ABA Pt6266
-1997 M3 Pt6766
BoostAddict is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-03-2012, 08:35 PM   #22
NBK
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: bazinga
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: bazinga

Posts: 287
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoostAddict View Post
They did a lot of work on my 350Z back then, luckily it came out very well. Sucks that they got stuck with the stigma those guys left.
it was very unfortunate for me to be stuck in the middle of a huge tuner war. but hey, i still came out on top!!
NBK is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:40 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST