E90Post

Extreme Power House

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Southwest > Dealers in Houston, TX

03-27-2009, 09:39 PM   #23
datboiroy

Drives: looking for e92 335i

How is Momentum West out in katy?
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2009, 08:25 PM   #24
AlbinoSnail
n00bie
United_States

Drives: three.thirty.five.i.

Bumping this thread as well. Been talking with Richard (Internet Sales guy) from Momentum along with 2 other local DFW dealers... I would go pick up the car if Momemtum gives me a good deal but am concerned since reading a few earlier posts???
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2009, 05:00 PM   #25
ianthegreat
Colonel

Drives: n54

I ended buying mine from Advantage BMW in Midtown Houston. Got an average deal, but great customer service.
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2009, 07:49 AM   #26
quattr0
Second Lieutenant

Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by datboiroy View Post
How is Momentum West out in katy?
I realized this is an old thread....see here http://www.edmunds.com/dealerships/T...est/index.html

I'm not too impressed with their service either. So so. The salesman, Mark, was cool, no hassle, take care of cust.

Service rep on another hand is clueless (I guess like any other serv rep). I asked to speak to a shop foreman and he was reasonable guy.

Overall, not the greatest, not the worst.
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2009, 11:38 AM   #27
E90 Skye
Lieutenant
United_States

Drives: 2006 330i Jet Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlbinoSnail View Post
Bumping this thread as well. Been talking with Richard (Internet Sales guy) from Momentum along with 2 other local DFW dealers... I would go pick up the car if Momemtum gives me a good deal but am concerned since reading a few earlier posts???
Have you tried Autobahn in Ft Worth?
dealt with internet sales there and they were helpful, and their service department is a heck of a lot better than Moritz in Arlington for you DFW owners... i know that doesn't help the H-Town front... but good luck
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2009, 02:00 PM   #28
jcmf75
First Lieutenant

Drives: '12 911S, '12 X5d, '13 Tacoma

What BMW Houston North are some of you talking about? In the Woodlands? I've been to the one off I-45 and 1960 ONCE, and their service is the worst of any car dealership I have serviced at in my life. This is the same place where my advisor Billy told me I must be out of my mind to believe my stereo doesn't work when I start up the car, only because he couldn't duplicate it. He is the same guy that ordered a part for my car over a month and a half ago and now doesn't return my phone calls to let me know the status. Not to mention the old female that answers the phone and is extremely rude.
If their service is good to you guys, I'd hate to see what bad is.

I think I am gonna try the Woodlands next and see how that goes. These service issues make me wish I was back in my Lexus, hell, even my Honda service reps were more helpful.

rant rant rant
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2009, 02:45 PM   #29
AlbinoSnail
n00bie
United_States

Drives: three.thirty.five.i.

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90 Skye View Post
Have you tried Autobahn in Ft Worth?
dealt with internet sales there and they were helpful, and their service department is a heck of a lot better than Moritz in Arlington for you DFW owners... i know that doesn't help the H-Town front... but good luck

Haven't tried Autobahn in Ft Worth....but thanks for the info! Ended up buying from BMW of Dallas (635 & Forest). Sales man was a customer of family business-- Doug, very nice guy. Paid invoice + 1000. Have you had any luck in Htown?
      04-07-2010, 08:56 PM   #30
genuity

Drives: Project E46

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkphantom View Post
+1 momentum are douche bags
+2 I have seen over 350% markup on parts. They don't call 'em stealerships for nothing
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2012, 06:51 PM   #31
ianthegreat
Colonel

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcmf75 View Post
What BMW Houston North are some of you talking about? In the Woodlands? I've been to the one off I-45 and 1960 ONCE, and their service is the worst of any car dealership I have serviced at in my life. This is the same place where my advisor Billy told me I must be out of my mind to believe my stereo doesn't work when I start up the car, only because he couldn't duplicate it. He is the same guy that ordered a part for my car over a month and a half ago and now doesn't return my phone calls to let me know the status. Not to mention the old female that answers the phone and is extremely rude.

I think I am gonna try the Woodlands next and see how that goes. These service issues make me wish I was back in my Lexus, hell, even my Honda service reps were more helpful.

rant rant rant
They lost a sale from me because all the SA's thought I was joking about buying a 335. Wouldn't give me the time of day, maybe because I was young. I did nail one down and he let me test drive it, but other than that there was no follow up, nothing.
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2012, 12:38 PM   #32
durstgt

Drives: no

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klepper1 View Post
I had a good experience with Advantage Midtown on two purchases as well as service.
I've had a good result with Advantage on two purchases but can't yet comment on parts or service.

Paul Maddison in used/CPO is a good guy.

Also, FWIW, no one is as bad as the douchebags at Momentum Audi on Richmond.
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2012, 07:43 PM   #33
Legitimate
Banned
United_States

Drives: DEATH TO NlGGERS

I think it really depends on who you work with. At Momentum, I worked with William Weekley before he quit and O'Bryan Mullins. They were both polite and very cool to work with. I went there for a third new BMW about two months ago and this Indian guy was acting like a douche master with better things to do. He told me to email him my build later instead of negotiating on the spot and was overall an idiot. That's exactly why I bought a new car from Advantage BMW Midtown last week, and paid slightly more.

Went to BMW of Houston North a couple years ago. A salesman named Greg was a douche, never went back since. I was 21 at the time interested in a new 335i E92 and I brought my mother along as a cosigner so he probably thought I was some kid wasting his time.... was another 50k for Advantage Midtown lol
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2012, 09:31 AM   #34
ianthegreat
Colonel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legitimate View Post
I think it really depends on who you work with. At Momentum, I worked with William Weekley before he quit and O'Bryan Mullins. They were both polite and very cool to work with. I went there for a third new BMW about two months ago and this Indian guy was acting like a douche master with better things to do. He told me to email him my build later instead of negotiating on the spot and was overall an idiot. That's exactly why I bought a new car from Advantage BMW Midtown last week, and paid slightly more.

Went to BMW of Houston North a couple years ago. A salesman named Greg was a douche, never went back since. I was 21 at the time interested in a new 335i E92 and I brought my mother along as a cosigner so he probably thought I was some kid wasting his time.... was another 50k for Advantage Midtown lol
Funny, exact same situation. This was my first buy out of college and brought my mother along just for advice/help to BMW North. Treated me like I wasn't serious. They lost the sale to Advantage Midtown, which I had a great experience at.

I guess being a salesman is hard, you don't want to waste your time, but just goes to show if you don't treat every person like an opportunity you will lose in the end.
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2012, 09:46 PM   #35
bbarclay410
Geaux Tigers
United_States

Drives: Lemans Blue E90

George Hayden@ Advantage BMW Midtown. Best hands down gave me a great deal @ 500 over invoice. Very easy to work with, one of the best dealer experiences that i have ever had. Momentum on the other hand is on my bad side. every experience i have had with them has been an absolute nightmare. while i was looking to purchase an E93, i was in the parking lot in my e46 and while i stopped to put my top down, one of the SAs backed straight in to me whilst i was honking like a mad man. all happened in 3 seconds or less. Worst of all, they nearly refused to pay to repair the car. After all difficulties, i ended up purchasing a 2010 E93 sight unseen from a florida dealership and had it shipped here. I have bought three cars from Advantage midtown and have never had a bad experience there. I cannot say the same for momentum though.
      05-26-2012, 02:05 PM   #36
zeemium

Drives: 11 328i

I had a good experience at bmw of houston north. anthony davidson in pre-owned/cpo was a great guy.
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2012, 05:45 AM   #37
aizze
Enlisted Member

Drives: E92 328i

this might be an old thread, but have to put in my 2 cents. Just recently purchased my car from Momentum BMW on 59... have to say, they have the worst costumer service I have ever experienced. Only reason I went there in the first place was because I know a sales person that works in the certified pre-owned area.

to anyone else that's looking to purchase a BMW from the dealers, I highly advise to steer clear of Momentum.
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2012, 11:26 AM   #38
brocklanders
Captain

Drives: the uno, mineral white

Garage List
06 325  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcmf75 View Post

rant rant rant
i bought a pre owned bmw from 1960 bmw hn, they never returned any of my phone calls when i needed service so i started using the woodlands for service. then i bought my last bmw at the woodlands, they even had to go to 1960 bmw to pick it up. i have had good experience with bmw houston north in the woodlands ever since.
Appreciate 0