E90Post

VIBE Motorsports

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > SPONSORS Classifieds/Groupbuys/Specials Area > Lighting / Electronics / Audio / Security > >>>BimmerRetrofit Team: NBT and CIC Retrofits, Combox, Connected Drive, BMW Apps<<<

05-19-2012, 10:49 AM   #1
bmwretrofit
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

Drives: BMW

>>>BimmerRetrofit Team: NBT and CIC Retrofits, Combox, Connected Drive, BMW Apps<<<

Complete NBT retrofit kits - we offer eNBT Retrofit Adapters separately or complete eNBT Retrofit Kits. Yes, now you can install NBT nagivation system into E-series!

Complete CIC retrofit kits – complete kits, excellent quality, superior customer service, excellent technical support

Combox Media retrofits – for Bluetooth audio streaming, Bluetooth, album art display and more…

Connected Drive retrofits (6NR + 6NF) – for BMW Apps and video playback from iPhone

Satellite Radio Activation

Remote coding

NBT NAVIGATION SYSTEMS IN E-SERIES

NBT navigation system retrofits in E-series are becoming more and more popular! A lot of people who are considering CIC retrofit + Combox, are now opting for the NBT retrofit instead. If you are also debating between these retrofits, please consider the following advantages of the NBT navigation system:

• 200GB hard drive instead of 80GB drive (available in CIC)
• Combox built-in (bluetooth audio streaming, album art display, iPod/iPhone integration)
• Ability to stream video from USB in the armrest (CIC does not allow this)
• Sports Display (real-time power and torque meters)
• M-lap timer
• Faster processor (faster response speed)
• BMW Apps
• 3D maps

We offer either eNBT Retrofit Adapters SEPARATELY or we offer complete eNBT Retrofit Kits! Please contact us for pricing - info@bimmerretrofit.com

Here are some pictures for you:

COMPLETE CIC RETROFIT KITS

While more and more “sellers” are popping up all over the world and offer cheap hardware for CCC to CIC conversion, Bimmer Retrofit continues to provide complete CIC retrofit packages at competitive prices, without compromising the quality of your retrofit!

We value our customers and we are by your side every step of the way to ensure your conversion to CIC is as smooth and simple as possible!

With our CIC retrofit kits you get:

• One-on-one consultation about the best approach for your retrofit
• One-on-one technical support throughout the installation
• Excellent after sales support
• Unmatched level of expertise in BMW OEM hardware and software
• NO hidden fees
• Complete transparency and professional approach

What is the advantage of CIC (2nd generation iDrive) over CCC (1st generation iDrive)?

• Newly designed controller that is now equipped with seven direct access buttons
• The number of CD/DVD drives in the CIC has been reduced to one optical drive
• The number of pixels have doubled from 640x240 (CCC) to 1280x480. This provides improved visual quality by generating a sharper graphic display
• The navigation system display has been enhanced with the following functions:
o Full screen mode
o Night view
o 3D models in the perspective map view
• Integrated HDD (hard disk drive, 80GB) now allows navigation map data to be saved on the CIC hard disk
• Maps can be displayed much faster due to the increased processing power of the CIC
• The hard disk drive in the CIC makes it possible to compile and store a personalized music collection. An 8GB section of the total 80GB hard disk is dedicated to store music files
• An address database has been included in the "Contacts" menu, which can also be accessed from the Telephone and Navigation menus
• Other add-on retrofits can be added to CIC: rear-view camera, Combox Media, Connected Drive.

Typical CIC retrofit kit includes:

• CIC head unit, updated with the latest software and pre-coded for your VIN (HDD based)
• CID display
• iDrive controller + plastic bezel
• Faceplate
• Activation of navigation, voice control and video in motion (Hardware or FSC code activation)
• Latest maps
• USB connector and cable for the glove box compartment (to upload music into your CIC)
• Remote coding
• Installation instructions

Our PNP activation module for hardware activation has several advantages:

• Much less expensive than FSC code activation
• Developed in Canada by professional and experienced engineers
• Does not compromise quality of your navigation and voice control
• Does not affect speed or responsiveness of the system
• Is weather and vibration resistant

COMBOX MEDIA RETROFIT

To improve your user experience, we offer OEM Combox Media retrofit for Bluetooth audio streaming, Bluetooth (if not available from factory), iPod/iPhone integration, album art cover display and much more!

Yes! It is possible for you to get Bluetooth, if it was not available from factory!

Features:

• Bluetooth (most customers report better sound quality)
• Bluetooth audio streaming
• Album Art covers display (over USB port in the armrest)
• Office menu (for iPhone: Contacts, Messages and Email are currently available, other phones may also have Calendar, Tasks and other features.)
• Navigation map Satellite View
• New version of Voice Control powered by Nuance including One-Shot Destination Entry feature

Typical Combox Media retrofit kit includes:

• All required hardware
• PNP cables for plug and play installation
• Professional remote coding

Optional items:

• USB K+DCAN cable or ENET cable for remote coding
• 6FL (USB/AUX in the armrest)

When you do Combox Media retrofit you will see OFFICE in Main Menu

Now in the OFFICE menu you can see that you recieved new messages

Here is how messages from Email, WhatsApp, etc. appear

Now you can read your text messages right from the display

Check your Email

That's how WhatsApp message will look like

The Combox will let you listen to music from your phone via Bluetooth. Check option Bluetooth Audio in CD/Multimedia menu

Also with Combox you can connect your phone or USB stick in the armrest and find your music under External Devices in CD/Multimedia menu

BMW CONNECTED DRIVE RETROFIT 6NR

BMW Connected Drive is an extension of Combox Media and offers access to BMW Apps:

• Web Radio
• Wiki Local
• Facebook
• Twitter
• Calendar
• News
• 3rd party BMW Certified Apps, e.g. Pandora

Activation:

6NR is activated via OEM FSC code. ICOM A+B+C is no longer required for 6NR activation. You may just rent from us the OBD II Coding Dongle and import the FSC by yourself (takes less than 1 minute)!

Once 6NR Connected Drive is activated you will see Connected Drive in main menu

Now your BMW Apps are available

Let's check Facebook news feed

Read status update

What's new in Twitter

Read new tweets!

Check your appointments in Calendar

Stay up to date on the latest News

Wiki Local is a great option when you reach new destination

Listen to the hundreds of music stations from all over the world with Web radio

BMW CONNECTED DRIVE RETROFIT 6NF

Is an add-on to the BMW CONNECTED DRIVE RETROFIT 6NR. Offers the following features:

• BMW Plug-in
• Video playback from iPhone
The retrofit includes:
• All of the required wiring
• Remote coding

If you purchase 6NF here you will see BMW Plug-in and Video

About Bimmer Retrofit
Bimmer Retrofit Inc. is a privately owned company based in Chateauguay, Quebec founded by a small team of BMW enthusiasts, who share a passion for the BMW and its latest technology. Our services include the development and implementation of a variety of OEM retrofits and aftermarket modifications for the BMW, ranging from very simple out-of-the-box solutions to highly customized and advanced retrofits. Our products range from Rear Camera retrofits to Navigation System retrofits including everything in between! Bimmer Retrofit is a reputable player on the market, and over the past few years it had grown to become a global company with dealers on 4 of the 5 continents, and is now recognized as a subject-matter expert in the global market.

Quality Control
Before shipping, each CIC system goes through a set of rigorous tests at our facilities to make sure that each and every one of customers receives a properly functioning system. The systems go through functionality, vibration and 48 hours burn-in tests. Despite the fact that we only use OEM parts for the CIC retrofits, it is important to be sure that the components are fully functional and meet all safety criteria.

Partnership Opportunity
We are growing and we are looking to widen our global reach by expanding our network of authorized resellers and installation locations in North America, Europe and Asia. If you own a garage with solid reputation, you possess knowledge and experience in car stereo and navigation systems installations and you are passionate about BMW and the latest technology, you may have what it takes to become our authorized reseller or installation location. If you are interested in becoming a part of our exciting global network, contact us to learn more.

Contact Information
Email: info@bimmerretrofit.com We do our best to reply within a few hours
Phone: 1.450.844.4655 from 10:00AM to 6:00PM EST
Attached Images

Last edited by bmwretrofit; 08-26-2014 at 03:54 PM.
bmwretrofit is offline   Canada
      05-27-2012, 10:39 AM   #2
bmwretrofit

The big Group Buy is comming in the second half of June
      05-27-2012, 11:59 AM   #3
._.
Colonel

any clues? I need to start saving.
      05-27-2012, 12:11 PM   #4
bmwretrofit

Quote:
Originally Posted by r45t4m4n View Post
any clues? I need to start saving.
Group buy will be for E and F series CICs and also Combox Media kits as usual.
Prices to be anounced a week in advance. The group buy will start on June 22nd and will lasts for aprox 14 days.
It is worth to wait and to save
      08-13-2012, 01:39 PM   #5
bmwretrofit

You should never buy CIC Navigation Systems from non-professional s (Ebay, Amazon, amateurs, etc.). Scroll below to read why! This important information will save you time and money, and most importantly, will you give you piece of mind!

1. Software:
When you buy from unknown and untrusted sources, you can never know what’s inside of the system. The software is often outdated and unsupported. A system with outdated software will give you limited functionalities, and it may cause compatibility issues with your vehicle. It will cost you additional money, to do the software upgrade, and most dealers will never do this type of work for you!
When you buy from Bimmer Retrofit, you always get the latest software and we guarantee that the system will be compatible with your vehicle

2. Hardware:
When you buy from unknown and untrusted sources, you never know whether the equipment has been tested. You may be getting equipment that is not functioning properly or is not functioning at all! The seller does not provide warranty, and you may be stuck with equipment that is not good for anyone, except your nearest electronics recycling shop!
Moreover, the equipment may be damaged (with water for example) and if you install the equipment that has been flooded, into your vehicle, your vehicle may become damaged as well. We have been made aware of situations, when the vehicle’s electrical system was short circuited after one of such installations. As a result, vehicle owner lost his BMW warranty.
At Bimmer Retrofit, we carefully test every single unit before shipping to the customer and we always provide warranty on our products.

3. Remote coding
Never trust amateurs with coding your vehicle! In almost every case, when a vehicle is coded by non-professionals, BMW Dealer will refuse to retain the guarantee of your vehicle, because non-professionals have tempered with the vehicle’s electrical and/or software system. If this happens to you, you will be stuck with a $50,000+ vehicle with NO MANUFACTURER’s WARRANTY. And knowing how expensive repairs and maintenance can be, this is not the situation, in which you would want to find yourself.
In other instances, when a vehicle is coded by amateurs, your vehicle may become stationary, meaning it will be impossible to start the vehicle and drive it away, because the coding has been performed incorrectly. In these situations, the vehicle will need to be towed to dealership, which will be able to identify and eliminate the errors, and …. possibly remove your warranty. Not all dealers will perform this type of job to fix your vehicle after amateur’s coding! Those who will, will charge you a high price for the coding. Alternatively, Bimmer Retrofit can perform remote diagnostic and coding, but this will cost you much more than what you would have paid had you come to us at the beginning. We will need to do additional work to diagnose the error and we will have to charge extra for the emergency service.

4. Shipping and cosmetic condition of the products
More often than not, non-professionals do not properly prepare the products for shipping, and they arrive damaged. In addition, you do not have visibility of the products that you buy - the products can be scratched, rusted, cracked. If you are lucky, the seller will provide a replacement, but because usually the seller provides no guarantee, you will have wasted the money on the product that you cannot use or that is not aesthetically pleasing.
At Bimmer Retrofit, we have an established and trusted supply chain, that selects and supplies only the best after-market systems for our customers and we always take special care when preparing products for shipping to ensure that they arrive safely and are not damaged during shipping.

It is up to decide who you will buy your CIC Navigation System from, but we hope that this information will help you understand the total cost of ownership of your Navigation System and vehicle and will help you make an informed decision, so that you can be in control of your financial situation!
      10-31-2012, 02:58 PM   #6
dc5_champ88
Captain

Drives: 2007 BMW 335i

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [0.00]
just a heads up. you are missing a 'i' in 'retrofit' in your website link at the top of the post.

Previous: 03 Acura RSX-S: Boosted 400WHP (SOLD)
      10-31-2012, 03:05 PM   #7
bmwretrofit

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc5_champ88 View Post
just a heads up. you are missing a 'i' in 'retrofit' in your website link at the top of the post.
Good day! This is pretty embarrassing
Thank you, the error has been corrected !

Kate.
      11-17-2012, 07:25 PM   #8
xnfsx
Lieutenant

Drives: 335i M-Sport

I ahve a 2011 e90 that is a june 2010 production car. I want to be able to use my iphone 5 without the y cable, i want to use it with the lightning cable. How can I do this? Can you PM me the details please. Thank you.
      02-23-2013, 05:59 PM   #9
nygiants007
Second Lieutenant

Drives: F10 535i

hey - im interested in retrofitting idrive into my current non-idrive 2009 e92 328xi. could you please pm me details and price shipped to 06067? also interested in retrofitting bluetooth...
2006 e90 325i Jet Black
      02-23-2013, 05:59 PM   #10
nygiants007
Second Lieutenant

Drives: F10 535i

hey - im interested in retrofitting idrive into my current non-idrive 2009 e92 328xi. could you please pm me details and price shipped to 06067? also interested in retrofitting bluetooth...
2006 e90 325i Jet Black
      02-28-2013, 01:15 PM   #11
bmwretrofit

Quote:
Originally Posted by nygiants007 View Post
PM sent
Get your BMW retrofits directly from manufacturer: eNBT Retrofit Adapter, CIC, TPMS, PDC and more!

04-01-2013, 11:42 PM   #12
bcornwellatl
Second Lieutenant

Drives: 2013 F30 328i

Any group buys in 2013? 08 E90 with nav, blue , and all the works...

Can u pm pricing for retro fit including pdc and / backup cam?
Thx
bcornwellatl is offline   United_States
      04-03-2013, 03:10 AM   #13
Bassem92
8URAMG

Drives: 09 335i xDrive

hey im interested in retrofitting rearview camera into my 09 335 coupe, i already have i drive just want the rearview camera.
Bassem92 is offline   United_States
      04-04-2013, 12:23 PM   #14
bmwretrofit

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcornwellatl View Post
Any group buys in 2013? 08 E90 with nav, blue , and all the works...

Can u pm pricing for retro fit including pdc and / backup cam?
Thx
PM sent
Get your BMW retrofits directly from manufacturer: eNBT Retrofit Adapter, CIC, TPMS, PDC and more!

04-04-2013, 12:29 PM   #15
bmwretrofit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bassem92 View Post
hey im interested in retrofitting rearview camera into my 09 335 coupe, i already have i drive just want the rearview camera.
PM sent

08-30-2013, 03:40 PM   #16
bmwretrofit

Thanks for your messages! Please send you requests to info@bimmerretrofit.com

Also, be sure to check out our other threads:

Programmable PNP activation module

Rear-view camera retrofit

09-09-2013, 01:15 PM   #17
bmwretrofit

We are happy to announce that very soon we will launch 2 new devices for coding and diagnostics:
  • GAT Handheld Coder:
    These devices will reinvent the coding and make it whole lot easier.
    Ideal product for the power-users (such as garages/shops). Performs coding, configuring, diagnostics and more anytime, anywhere! No need to have coding knowledge, no need to have a coder in-house, no need to sub-contract coders! Depend on GAT HandHeld Coder for all your coding needs!
  • OBD II Coding Dongle:
    Device can code options in SECONDS, can CLEAR DTC errors and can import FSC activation codes! All in the comfort of your own home, without the need to set up appointment with Bimmer Retrofit specialists!

For more information please see our new video on Youtube:

GAT Handheld Coder

OBD II Coding Dongle

For any questions please contact us via PM or email info@bimmerretrofit.com
We will be happy to help

10-09-2013, 12:01 PM   #18
bmwretrofit

Happy to announce that our OBD II Coding Dongle and GAT Handheld coder will be released right after October 15!

Both devices are already available for pre-order.
For pre-order please contact us :PM or email info@bimmerretrofit.com

10-11-2013, 12:41 PM   #19
bmwretrofit

Currently one rare CIC retrofit kit for E89 Z4 (Chinese language) in stock !
if you need it - please contact us - PM or email: info@bimmerretrofit.com

10-24-2013, 02:18 PM   #20
bmwretrofit

We are happy to welcome proud BMW owners from Japan!

Please see how our CIC and NBT with Japan specs retrofits look below.
Attached Images

Last edited by bmwretrofit; 11-01-2013 at 11:53 AM.
      10-29-2013, 03:24 PM   #21
bmwretrofit

We are proud to announce that OBD II Coding Dongle is now available for both sale and rent (for E and F series)!

This portable light-weight device offers many of the functionalities which were previously available ONLY with the use of ICOM A+B+C (with special BMW servicing software), but is less expensive, does not require coding knowledge, is smaller and is so easy-to-use, that it can be used by ANYONE!

Now everyone can purchase or RENT OBD II Coding Dongle - our small lightweight device to activate the desired option/feature such as: Satellite Radio, 6NR Connected Drive, Navigation or Voice Control and then return the device to us!

You can also use the OBD II Coding Dongle for options coding, such as video in motion, comfort access, rear-view camera, Combox, Bluetooth, etc. all in the comfort of your own home.

With OBD II Coding Dongle , FSC code importation and options coding are EXTREMELY easy. Just connect the OBD II Coding Dongle to vehicle and click the button – everything will be done automatically!

Please ask about pricing and details PM or email: info@bimmerretrofit.com
Attached Images

Last edited by bmwretrofit; 11-01-2013 at 12:39 PM.
      11-01-2013, 12:02 PM   #22
bmwretrofit

Happy to announce - GAT HandHeld Coder is available for sale!

GAT HandHeld Coder is ideal product for the power-users (such as garages/shops).
This portable, light-weight device is powerful and versatile enough to take care of all your coding and diagnostic needs!

Performs coding, configuring, diagnostics and more anytime, anywhere! With GAT HandHeld Coder there is No need to have coding knowledge, no need to have a coder in-house, no need to sub-contract coders! Depend on GAT HandHeld Coder for all your coding needs!

GAT HandHeld Coder is available in several versions. Each version has different functionalities included. Moreover, GAT HandHolder coder is CUSTOMIZABLE so the functionalities can be added to any version just upon request.

The following functionalities are available:

• BMW E and F series Retrofit Coding via scripts
• Script files direct downloading from the server
• Possibility to manually add scripts to the internal storage
• BMW E and F series diagnostics and error description
• DTC error codes cleanup
• BMW E and F series FSC codes and certificates importation to headunits
• FSC codes status for head units
• Possibility of ordering and FSC codes download from the server*
• Statistics information upload to the server for the further review
• Diagnostic information upload to the server for detailed review
• VAG vehicles (currently Audi) diagnostics and error description
• VAG DTC error codes cleanup
• CAS emulation for bench equipment testing for BMW E and F series**
• CAN Bridge mode for direct (TMODE) communication with CAN bus via USB RS232 terminal for development purposes

Depend on GAT HandHeld Coder for all your coding and diagnostics needs!

For pricing information and details please contact us via PM or email info@bimmerretrofit.com
Attached Images

Last edited by bmwretrofit; 11-01-2013 at 01:03 PM.