E90Post

Bimmer Retrofit

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > 135i diff = 335i diff?

07-24-2007, 12:46 AM   #1
Mahlzeit
Lieutenant

Drives: 1M

135i diff = 335i diff?

I created a similar thread on 1addicts.com, but I'd like to pose the same question to you astute, LSD lovers.

The 135i's NA press release states its diff is performance oriented (implies LSD to me), but then states the “electronic rear brake management is used to simulate differential lock” (implies 335 open diff). When one disables the DSC, does one also disable that which ‘simulates differential lock’?

If so, then I envision embarrassing 1-legged burnouts in 135i's during spirited driving. Hate to say it, but a bit of tail-out action is just so irresistible in my e36 M3.

-Mahlzeit

From the NA press release:

”….The DSC system on the 135i Coupe is designed specifically for performance-oriented driving. For instance, the accelerator pedal has a quicker response rate and electronic rear brake management is used to simulate a differential lock for stronger acceleration in turns.“
Mahlzeit is offline   United_States