Tirerack
Use the following links to go directly to useful tirerack winter items: Tirerack Winter Tires. Gary's Winter Tire FAQ.
Using the links directly supports E90Post with tirerack sales commision!

  E90Post
 


TireRack

   PLEASE HELP SUPPORT E90POST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wheels and Tires Forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack > Wheel sizes? (330xi)



Wheels and Tires forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack
Please help to directly support e90post by doing your tirerack shopping from the above link. For every sale made through the link, e90post gets sponsor support to keep the site alive. Disclaimer

Wheel offset calculator courtesy of BimmerPost.com. You may use this calculator to calculate what tire sizes you might need if you upgrade your tires, or what wheel sizes/offsets are compatible with your car.
    Current Wheel Width  inches             Current Wheel Offset  mm.
         New Wheel Width  inches                  New Wheel Offset  mm.
 
TIRE WIDTH
/
ASPECT RATIO
- WHEEL DIAMETER
ORIGINAL TIRES
/
NEW TIRES
/
Based on your stock wheel setup, your new wheel will have:
Original Tires Diameter (in.)
      New Tires Diameter (in.)
  Difference in diameter (in.)
           Percent Difference %
                     
Speedo @60mph will read: mph
Collapse/Expand the BimmerPost Wheel and Tire calculator
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      06-03-2012, 04:51 AM   #1
Amini77
Brigadier General
 
Amini77's Avatar
 
Drives: SGM E90 330xi
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Tarzana, CA

Posts: 4,514
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2006 330XI  [3.75]
Wheel sizes? (330xi)

I have a 06 330xi and kind of a noob when it comes to wheels and tires. I was wondering what are the fattest wheel sizes i can get for them without rubbing. I'm for sure getting 19' staggered (9.5 rear/8.5 front) but what about tire sizes? and offsets? i have no idea what offset is...and TIRE WIDTH and ASPECT RATIO

edit: might do 10 in the rear but i have no idea what the ---/--/--

Last edited by Amini77; 06-03-2012 at 02:43 PM.
Amini77 is online now   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-03-2012, 10:41 AM   #2
remmib
General
 
remmib's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 F10 520d M-Sport
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Norway

Posts: 26,047
iTrader: (0)

Since your's an xdrive, I wonldn't mess too much with the tire size. You'll be safe with 235/35/19 and 265/30/19.
__________________

F10 520d M-Sport Alpine White | HRE P43SC 20x9+20x11 | Michelin PSS 255/35+295/30 | KW V3 Coilover | M5 Front Sway Bar + M550d Rear Sway Bar | 3D Design Front Lip | BMW M Performance CF Spoiler | BMW M Performance Diffuser | BMW M Performance Black Grills | BMW M Performance Pedals |
remmib is offline   Norway
0
Reply With Quote
      06-03-2012, 12:26 PM   #3
Amini77
Brigadier General
 
Amini77's Avatar
 
Drives: SGM E90 330xi
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Tarzana, CA

Posts: 4,514
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2006 330XI  [3.75]
Quote:
Originally Posted by remmib View Post
Since your's an xdrive, I wonldn't mess too much with the tire size. You'll be safe with 235/35/19 and 265/30/19.
Okey that sounds good but what is the middle number is that the offset or aspect ratio? and i did some research i found 275 will still work

Last edited by Amini77; 06-03-2012 at 02:43 PM.
Amini77 is online now   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-04-2012, 05:41 AM   #4
remmib
General
 
remmib's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 F10 520d M-Sport
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Norway

Posts: 26,047
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by e90330xiSG View Post
Okey that sounds good but what is the middle number is that the offset or aspect ratio? and i did some research i found 275 will still work
Aspect ratio. Wheel has offset, not tires.
__________________

F10 520d M-Sport Alpine White | HRE P43SC 20x9+20x11 | Michelin PSS 255/35+295/30 | KW V3 Coilover | M5 Front Sway Bar + M550d Rear Sway Bar | 3D Design Front Lip | BMW M Performance CF Spoiler | BMW M Performance Diffuser | BMW M Performance Black Grills | BMW M Performance Pedals |
remmib is offline   Norway
0
Reply With Quote
      06-04-2012, 07:04 AM   #5
AllydNYC
Loading...
 
AllydNYC's Avatar
 
Drives: 08' 328xi | 91' E30 318is
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Gilbert, AZ

Posts: 2,188
iTrader: (15)

Garage List
2008 328xi  [5.00]
If you're lowered and depending on the offset if you choose to go 19x10" in the rear might be difficult to work with on an xi because of tire stretching and such. I'm not going to get to into it but it in my opinion it will put unnecessary strain on an XI to get a 10" on the rear and try to get tires on it without rubbing.

Fattest size you say? You can get a 19x9.5" wide rear rim with a et40 (offset of 40) and put a 275/30/19 on it and not rub. For fronts I'm not too sure. I'm sure someone will chime in... I've heard of 245's on the front but it depends on how much you're lowered, the offset of the wheel and a round edged vs square edged tire... Least strain on the xi transfer case would be a 235/35 in the front and a 275/30 in the back 0.08% difference in the speed of the front and rears.

I could on more indepth on things but you haven't picked out rims or tires yet nor about your suspension setup. Are you doing the staggered setup for looks or are you trying to get better handling?
__________________

BBS CH w/PSS|H&R Coilovers|Front Strut Bar|CF CSL Trunk|Front Splitters|LCI Halogens|LUX 5.1|Blacklines|Black Grill|CF/White roundels
"A Associate or Bachelors degree is America's most over rated product"
AllydNYC is offline   No_Country
0
Reply With Quote
      06-04-2012, 07:58 PM   #6
Amini77
Brigadier General
 
Amini77's Avatar
 
Drives: SGM E90 330xi
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Tarzana, CA

Posts: 4,514
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2006 330XI  [3.75]
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllydNYC View Post
If you're lowered and depending on the offset if you choose to go 19x10" in the rear might be difficult to work with on an xi because of tire stretching and such. I'm not going to get to into it but it in my opinion it will put unnecessary strain on an XI to get a 10" on the rear and try to get tires on it without rubbing.

Fattest size you say? You can get a 19x9.5" wide rear rim with a et40 (offset of 40) and put a 275/30/19 on it and not rub. For fronts I'm not too sure. I'm sure someone will chime in... I've heard of 245's on the front but it depends on how much you're lowered, the offset of the wheel and a round edged vs square edged tire... Least strain on the xi transfer case would be a 235/35 in the front and a 275/30 in the back 0.08% difference in the speed of the front and rears.

I could on more indepth on things but you haven't picked out rims or tires yet nor about your suspension setup. Are you doing the staggered setup for looks or are you trying to get better handling?
First of all I'd like to thank you so much for helping me out with this.
Alright so really just for looks I guess I'm not going on a track or anything but I don't want to lose too much handling. The wheels I'm getting are VMR VB3 Hyperblack CSL Style Wheels, and I'm on stock suspension. So I'll take your advice and get 9.5 in the rear and 8.5 in the front. But the offset you recommended isn't an option on the link..so what should I do about that? I'm getting the wheels from a local shop so can you give me some advice on exactly what to order for the tires and wheels? Much appreciated
Amini77 is online now   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-04-2012, 08:51 PM   #7
4corners
Captain
 
4corners's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 Jet Black M3 Coupe
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Yucca Valley, CA - Kelowna, BC

Posts: 753
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [0.00]
2007 Ford E350 4x4  [2.75]
I'd go 18's and mimic the sizes used by the M3 GTS. They would use 19 inch wheels if they performed better. 18 will give you a better ride and provide more rubber between road hazards and your wheels.
4corners is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-06-2012, 01:08 AM   #8
Amini77
Brigadier General
 
Amini77's Avatar
 
Drives: SGM E90 330xi
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Tarzana, CA

Posts: 4,514
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2006 330XI  [3.75]
bump
Amini77 is online now   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:10 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST